Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How is my first intro?

Handies

So I started getting into Blender tonight. I came up with this. 

I am aware of my name being pulled to the right. It was not supposed to happen.
Other than that, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36XMybaspI

So after failing hard with the first one. I came up with the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi7XL2yLoFo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Handies

So I started getting into Blender tonight. I came up with this. 

I am aware of my name being pulled to the right. It was not supposed to happen.

Other than that, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36XMybaspI

Looks good and it matches with the music. I would like to make two suggestions though.

1. Alighn "Handies" to the centre unless if was done intentionally. The s looks like it's going off the scene.

2. More originality.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Looks good and it matches with the music. I would like to make two suggestions though.

1. Alighn "Handies" to the centre unless if was done intentionally. The s looks like it's going off the scene.

2. More originality.

1: I already stated that was supposed to not happen. :P

2: I also stated I only started learning this stuff tonight. :P

But yeah, I plan to be more original once I become more advanced.

Edited by Handies

1: I already stated that supposed to not happen. :P

2: I also stated I only started learning this stuff tonight. :P

But yeah, I plan to be more original once I become more advanced.

Oh haha didn't see, only clicked on the link.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I think you have bad taste in music. Pretty alright from a technical standpoint, not unpleasant to look at, but I'd still skip it in favor of getting right to the content.

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

I think you have bad taste in music. Pretty alright from a technical standpoint, not unpleasant to look at, but I'd still skip it in favor of getting right to the content.

What was in that intro for music is not what I generally listen to. Intros need something busy to use as build up. That is exactly what I chose. 

What was in that intro for music is not what I generally listen to. Intros need something busy to use as build up. That is exactly what I chose. 

I think it's more important that it be clean, recognizable and generally unobtrusive rather than busy, but okay. Might just be that I prefer rock to electronica, though.

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

It needs more michael bay in it and by michael bay I mean explosions! :P But it looks good to me, one thing I would change would be that thing that wraps around the word from 0.2-0.5 sec to make it go across the whole word and not half like it does now.

I think it's more important that it be clean, recognizable and generally unobtrusive rather than busy, but okay. Might just be that I prefer rock to electronica, though.

I'm a rock guy myself too, but finding a rock song that has enough things going on it for a 10s clip is harder than you would think. 

It needs more michael bay in it and by michael bay I mean explosions! :P But it looks good to me, one thing I would change would be that thing that wraps around the word from 0.2-0.5 sec to make it go across the whole word and not half like it does now.

It seems like the rendering actually missed somethings. I will correct it within the next couple days or so. That 10 second clip took 3 hours to render. Lol 

I'm a rock guy myself too, but finding a rock song that has enough things going on it for a 10s clip is harder than you would think. 

It seems like the rendering actually missed somethings. I will correct it within the next couple days or so. That 10 second clip took 3 hours to render. Lol 

What are your computer specs and if you want you can always use https://www.sheepit-renderfarm.com/ it is a free render farm for blender.

What are your computer specs and if you want you can always use https://www.sheepit-renderfarm.com/ it is a free render farm for blender.

CPU: Intel 5820k Oced to 4.0

RAM: HyperX16gb 2400mz DDR4

GPU: EVGA 980

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb

HHD: 2x 1TB Western Digital Black

PSU: Evga SuperNOVA 1000w G2

What exactly does that render farm do?

Edited by Handies

CPU: Intel 5820k Oced to 4.0

RAM: HyperX16gb 2400mz DDR4

GPU: EVGA 980

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb

HHD: 2x 1TB Western Digital Black

PSU: Evga SuperNOVA 1000w G2

What exactly does that render farm do?

Hmm... not bad. I've only done a little rendering for some friends in Maya and for something for 0.11 sec for 3 hours is a little long from what I've ran into when rendering things out, but I'm a nooby when it comes to 3d stuffs.

A render farm is a bunch of computers networked together to act as a cluster to render out things like 3d models and what you are trying to do. A master node tells all of its salve nodes what to do and when to do it, so the lets say there are five computers in a network and one of them are a master node. You as the user tells the master node I want to render X and X is a video that is a minute long, so that master takes that project files and then distributes work out to the salves to do. It will tell the first salve node something like this; Salve 1 from time 0.0 to 0.10 I want you to render all that info and once done give it back to me for more work, then it goes to salve two and says to it you get 0.11 to 0.20 and once done give it to me and I'll give you more work to do and so on till the project is done rending.

Why did people come up with render farms? Because if we didn't we wouldn't have the animated movies and kickbutt game trailer we have today. Overall it speeds up the process of rendering because not only one computer is trying to do all the work to render it all out by it self. You have hundreds if not thousands of computers all processing little parts of the work. Disney used a 55,000 supercomputer to render out Big Hero 6 alone. http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/18/disney-big-hero-6/ if they didn't use a render farm it would still be rendering for another thousand years I'd say. So that 3 hour render time you got right now could be done in like 15mins using a render farm.

Edited by Nex

Hmm... not bad. I've only done a little rendering for some friends in Maya and for something for 0.11 sec for 3 hours is a little long from what I've ran into when rendering things out, but I'm a nooby when it comes to 3d stuffs.

A render farm is a bunch of computers networked together to act as a cluster to render out things like 3d models and what you are trying to do. A master node tells all of its salve nodes what to do and when to do it, so the lets say there are five computers in a network and one of them are a master node. You as the user tells the master node I want to render X and X is a video that is a minute long, so that master takes that project files and then distributes work out to the salves to do. It will tell the first salve node something like this; Salve 1 from time 0.0 to 0.10 I want you to render all that info and once done give it back to me for more work, then it goes to salve two and says to it you get 0.11 to 0.20 and once done give it to me and I'll give you more work to do and so on till the project is done rending.

Why did people come up with render farms? Because if we didn't we wouldn't have the animated movies and kickbutt game trailer we have today. Overall it speeds up the process of rendering because not only one computer is trying to do all the work to render it all out by it self. You have hundreds if not thousands of computers all processing little parts of the work. Disney used a 55,000 supercomputer to render out Big Hero 6 alone. http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/18/disney-big-hero-6/ if they didn't use a render farm it would still be rendering for another thousand years I'd say. So that 3 hour render time you got right now could be done in like 15mins using a render farm.

Well, I do not think that watching tv shows and watching youtube and such helped for the time.  

Interesting, I will have to check it out..

If you want my opinion, then they just look like stock animations from a basic editor.

Also you make the 0:10 feel extremely long with how busy it is.  Example

You: https://youtu.be/Fi7XL2yLoFo

vs

ESPN: https://youtu.be/ddUKxUw1p_A

I don't think you need to make the focus of your content do front flips the entire time.