Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baba

Things I [we] don't want in Crowfall

Woa, woa, telegraph system confirmed off? Why? Where? I looked, but I can't find a link with a dev quote on this. The search option is awesome on this forum, but there is a lot of chaff and telegraph hate to dig through to find a dev response.

I liked wildstar's telegraph system. The only thing they nailed in that game.

Yes. That was confirmed by JTC in Reddit interview and blixtev in another interview during KS.

I'm sure there are a few others that like WS telegraphs and bunny-hopping, but even sheen was against it. It always feels greasy when I agree with him.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Anyway, regarding whether or not life has an RNG: Einstein himself said god does not play dice with the universe, so there you go.

Agreed. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle probably reflects our misunderstanding rather than truly random phenomena, but it does hold up.

And ACE already plans some RNG, there is a "lucky" starting rune.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

You like running around staring at the ground?

Sure! How else are you going to see all them quarters and dimes to pick up?

No need to heat up! Anyway that article doesn't prove Heisenberg wrong (it can't), quite the contrary actually! Human errors are still above the theoretical limit of Heisenberg, that's all.. As always medias try to change the results by twisting them. Like two years ago with neutrino speeds.. :P.. I suggest you to always read the sources on sites like arxiv.com..

Anyway, regarding whether or not life has an RNG: Einstein himself said god does not play dice with the universe, so there you go.

Yea, and he was proved wrong like with the cosmological constant. We're all human after all.. ;)

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Not even scientists who have devoted their entire lives to studying quantum theory can say they fully understand it, and new evidence keeps popping up to make things even more confounding. Somehow I don't think the greatest mysteries of the universe will be solved here on the Crowfall forums.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

Archetype A having a stun and archetype B having a stunbreak does not sound very exciting. Its simply a matter of if stunned, press stunbreak. There needs to be a tactical decision involved in placing the stun and similarly a tactical decision involved in dispelling it.

Regardless, there is merit to the idea that CC doesn't really fit as well in a combat environment with active attacks/blocks/dodges compared to say a hotkey/tabtarget based combat environment. Or rather, the CC systems we're used to from 2nd gen MMOs don't necessarily translate 1:1 to a game with a different combat system.

Personally I'd like to see daze, encumbrances and fatigue type of effects that limit mobility and active defensive tools, instead of hard stuns. 

Yes, maybe so - it'll only be speculation anyway, but I doubt ACE will completely remove the 'stun' effects in combat and CC -

even League of legends have it in e-sport. But the game is balance 5 vs 5 small scale combat which was my thoughts.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I think hard CC effects should be an own topic; but I'm lazy to start one.

It's Tour de Fjord, pro. cycling on TV, boring as hell, but great nature.  ^_^

If there's a surefire way to rile up Forumfall, it's suggesting that combat should be influenced by anything but skill, always skill, nothing else matters, and tell decades upon decades of game theory to take a piss while you're at it.

I mean hell, even I'm kinda mad about this.

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Somehow I don't think the greatest mysteries of the universe will be solved here on the Crowfall forums.

vikingnail shall prove you wrong

he RNGed our lives 2 pages ago

No one knows yet. 

Okay I'm going to list some minor things that i would really really like, NOT to see in the game :>

Gender restricted armor, if I see some armor or robe I think look super cool and want to wear it on my character, I don't want to equip it and find out that they cut it to look like a new set of armor just because it's "male" only or something like that. It's like gw2 did, wow also did it, but in a much lesser fashion than gw2. So please, don't let that be a thing. ((I can understand race restricted, but gender, really? do you really want to use the time to make 2 different outfit for 1 armortype, it doesn't look like they're doing it from the view of how the Knight and lady-knight/dame/knightress looks, but it does with the confessor/frostweaver/ranger)

It would also be nice if we didn't have floating names, or let them go invisible when you sneak at least (if they'll have a sneak mechanic).

Oh yeah, and the killer.

Please don't add dance or stupid emotions. If you are going to do it, please do it somehow immersive then, I don't want to look at my character shuffle or dance single ladies back in a medieval/fantasy setting, it just becomes awfully un-immersive, I rather see it done good than done poorly and just there for the fame, I don't need pop references, I really don't.

What I hope not to see:

• Absurdly low rendering distance
  • Straightforward arrows that magically disappear after 20 meters
  • Low player population cap per server (hopefully it's around or more than half a thousand players)

Congratulations, your autistic sperging about random numbers has completely derailed an otherwise decent thread.

Don't be mad about things you don't understand. ;)

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

What I hope not to see:

• Absurdly low rendering distance
  • Straightforward arrows that magically disappear after 20 meters
  • Low player population cap per server (hopefully it's around or more than half a thousand players)

I agree wholeheartedly, I enjoy true physics on my bullets, bolts, and arrows.
I don't know if ACE going to implement it based on optimization server stability in larger scale combat though.
If there are no issues like fps drops to keep track of arrows and bolts - they should consider using it in my opinion. :)
Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Spacebar activated combos like in Tera

I am currently trying out Tera warrior gameplay solely to understand their combo system as it has inspired Thomas Blair in designing combos in Crowfall. I hate the spacebar mechanic. In short, all of the combos can be activated by using spacebar, which replaces your jump for a short period after using a skill with a chain attack attached. In general, I am opposed to omni keys, controls that do too many things.

In your face promotion/store/tutorial popups or UI clutter

Please make the starting UI clean and not flooded with popups. You are targeting the hardcore, and even though new players will need some guidance, please contain that in a help section without forcing things like "how to move" in our faces.

I agree that artificial caps on server populations to make them look constantly packed is awful and needs to stop.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

Finally somebody brought up the important stuff

Pity you couldn't. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself though. I understand your needs, really sorry about that. :(

I agree that artificial caps on server populations to make them look constantly packed is awful and needs to stop.

That's a thing? Gross, agreed if so. What comes to mind for that would be like the stupid red light system to it. Red for full capacity, yellow for medium, green for low. That definitely plays a psychological impact on server hopping and totally arrests freedom of choice.

I remember that server names came with rivalries and reputations because you chose to align yourself with it, not because you were looking to avoid the ghost zones... so I guess it's just all about pop cap now.

The one thing I really dislike about MMOs is limited movement options. I actually threw my hat in the suggestion box about it. GW2 was like "we have jumping now!!!1" as a response to GW1 not having jump, but GW1 didn't need jump. So jumping in MMO has been downgraded to arbitrary as world designs have become more simple and cordoned off as you can't climb or wander anywhere. It used to be a great unrestricted exploration tool.

I dislike how MMOs won't introduce more movement options such as crouching and moving crouches for purposes like diminishing your presence or defensively like taking advantage of a barricade. You're always sprinting breakneck in a rigid pose everywhere, it feels really artificial.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg