Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeko

Can't change profile picture

I tried to change my avatar but it just deleted my current one. I have been trying to upload one and after selecting it and pressing done nothing happens. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the image since I tried several (they were .png and .jpg). Image size wasn't the problem since I tried really tiny ones to huge ones.

I'm propably just missing something really simple but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

iWQCpyx.gif  Chalcitis - a treasure hunting guild

Jeko, have you tried logging out of the site, clearing your cache and logging in again?

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I've tweaked some settings, too. It could have been something that went sideways when some of the changes were made last week. Glad you got your avatar working. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I was also having problems changing my avatar.  I finally got it to work.  Not sure what I did.    

*I couldn't upload directly I had to upload the image to photobucket and link the url.*

Edited by Eston

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

have the same problem even with uploading and saving it shows up as nothing

didn't need to make a gravatar, I just uploaded to a image hosting site and hotlink it into the url section and it works.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

theres some restriction about the way you link images to this forum. for instance, an i.imgur.com link will work but imgur.com wont. vOv

sounds like a conspiracy!  i'll start making the tin-foil hats. 

The direct upload for the profile picture still does not work.  I am able to browse to and select a file but it does not upload.

The direct upload for the profile picture still does not work.  I am able to browse to and select a file but it does not upload.

The direct upload takes storage space, so they may have it disabled to save space because their hosting plan doesn't come with a lot of space or could be something else.

Please upload your pictures to an image hosting site like photobucket or any other and link that url to your avatar.   I am sure they will resolve this when they get around to it.  Or not... i don't know.  but for the time being linking the url works.

The direct upload takes storage space, so they may have it disabled to save space because their hosting plan doesn't come with a lot of space or could be something else.

This isn't the issue, since setting your image to use an image on imgur or photobucket actually creates a copy on the Crowfall servers.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully