Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders Update: Under the surface - Official discussion thread

"When a duck glides across a lake, the movement appears calm, graceful and effortless. Beneath the surface, however, those little webbed feet are pumping and kicking furiously to keep things moving in the right direction."

Crowfall confirmed for changing name to Duckfall.

7ug90hM.png

Third? Very good update, nice to see the upgrade policy

Edited by knossos

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

Duck analogy is accurate if not very satisfying :-/

Tell me this isn't extremely satisfying to watch!

https://youtu.be/peY5sz5_Q9c

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail14.html

Wow, you're right, Ron. {throws another piece of food} This is the {throws food} greatest thing in the world. I mean it's like I'm right there at the pond. Come here, ducky.
Edited by Nazdar

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

So has alpha slipped then? When we bought the kickstarter, alpha was supposed to start at the end of the summer.  But now everything is saying that pre-alpha starts at the end of summer.  Is crowfall already behind schedule?  :wacko:

Edited by kroked

So has alpha slipped then? When we bought the kickstarter, alpha was supposed to start at the end of the summer.  But now everything is saying that pre-alpha starts at the end of summer.  Is crowfall already behind schedule?  :wacko:

The new package additions are supposed to appease you. Are you not appeased?

I, at the very least, am amused.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

Whelp looks like I'll need to get to Sapphire Time to get my peeps some KS packages to help me get there. 

"Oh I'm sooooo gonna enjoy playing them Centaurs"

I think Amber Pledges should get something extra too : ^)

Wishful thinking =P

It was already an insane deal.  Don't expect extra Amber perks any time soon.

Final KS numbers

• Supporter:  286
  • Contributor:  9071
  • Backer:  2782
  • Bronze:  847
  • Silver:  353
  • Gold:  1192
  • Amber:  1594
  • Sapphire:  556
  • Ruby:  57
  • Emerald:  13
  • Diamond:  10
  • Bloodstone:  15

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Third, you should also be aware that, starting with the 2016 packages, it is likely that new bundles will include a one year, non-transferrable VIP tickets. So, if VIP ticket transferability is important to you, then be sure to get your pledges in now.

This bothers me a bit. We had been given to understand a very simple, clean rule that all in-game items, including tickets, would be tradeable and lootable. Non-tradeable tickets establish the precedent for an entire class of no-drop items, and I can think of all kinds of ways that might turn out badly.

Perhaps this is just a semantic complaint. If ACE had said "these bundles will come with one year of pre-applied account time instead of tickets" I probably would not have blinked. But the wording chosen seems to open the door for things we had been told would not be part of the Crowfall ecosystem.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

It's always been pre-alpha.  As we've said before the Alpha 1 people will probably get in though, as we'll need more testers if all goes as planned.

Oh I can already feel the love.  More stuff.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's update (Apparently it's Thursdays now, I thought it was Fridays).

We can't make up our minds which works better.  What can I say?

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

It's always been pre-alpha. 

When you say "always" do you mean after you edit the FAQ? :lol:   (copied from the faq)

18. WHEN IS ALPHA 1 TESTING SCHEDULED TO BEGIN?

Alpha testing for certain features of the core module will begin at the end of Summer, 2015. We expect to be testing new features and content on a quarterly basis.

Edited by kroked