Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders Update: Under the surface - Official discussion thread

Alrighty! Nice update and more info on the sizes of Strongholds vs Keeps. 

I have a few questions on how the total purchase system: 

1) Say I am silver and a friend want to gift me a gold pledge, will they get the discount price same as I would if I bought the new pledge?

2) When buying store items at the discounted price do we get the full price value add to our "total purchase" tracker? Probably not but still asking :)

3) How long is this "total purchase" system going to last? Until lunch? Until alpha?

4) Lastly if I'm Silver and buy enough stuff to earn Sapphire am I ONLY getting early access & forum badge or to I get ALL of the items listed under that pledge IE tax free parcels, castle, etc? 

1) Your friends can't buy you an upgrade, only full pledge packages can be gifted

2) You only get what you spend

3) Unknown, we don't have any current plans to discontinue it at a particular date

4) You only get the badge and testing level

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Good stuff! Love you guys, keep up the good work!

You're just an unpleasant person, aren't you? People like you ruin forums like these.

The issue is not when Alpha 1 happens. Not one person has given any indication, whatsoever, that they'll be upset if Alpha 1 doesn't happen by the end of summer. Not one person. No one has whined. The only issue here is that a very clear statement was made on the Kickstarter page, a statement of absolute incontrovertibility, and now it has been flatly contradicted, in dismissive terms, by the very people who made it. This has raised many eyebrows and explanation has been requested, and the only response has been dissembling.

I don't care if Alpha 1 happens at the end of summer or sometime later in the year. I've backed 32 games on Kickstarter, and not one of them has delivered anything on time, yet I keep backing games on Kickstarter. If ArtCraft had said, "We've realized that a more realistic timeframe is pre-alpha at the end of summer, and Alpha 1 as soon after as we can make it happen," I wouldn't have thought twice about it. What I care about is the integrity of the people I've backed. ArtCraft have flatly contradicted themselves. I want them to acknowledge the outright, irreconcilable contradiction, and clearly state what's what.

I'll repeat exactly what you said:

That is from a FAQ. The question and answer are inseparable. They are of unitary context. There is absolutely zero possibility that the answer does not indicate the question. The explicit question is about Alpha 1. The answer is necessarily, without possibility of misunderstanding, in response to Alpha 1. There is no qualification, there is no redirection of context. Even if you wanted to wiggle out of Alpha 1, specifically, you still stated "alpha". Not "pre-alpha". "Alpha".

Look, I don't care if Alpha 1 is later than you said it would be. No one does! Just own up to the discrepancy and contradiction. Yes, absolutely, most certainly, something has changed since your Kickstarter project. Fine, that happens all the time. But stop pretending it hasn't changed. Stop trying to save some notional face that doesn't need saving. Demonstrate integrity, honesty, forthrightness, and transparency. Because right now you look untrustworthy and pathetic. This is such a non-thing. You are making it a thing by trying to weasel out of a problem that didn't even exist, a problem wholly of your own invention. And now that you've made an outright denial, it's even harder to own up to the contradiction.

What the hell, dude?

Well.. I finally have someone to put on my KoS list  :D

x9M7iWc.png?1

1) Your friends can't buy you an upgrade, only full pledge packages can be gifted

2) You only get what you spend

3) Unknown, we don't have any current plans to discontinue it at a particular date

4) You only get the badge and testing level

Hope you didn't answer this while still at work this late lol

Thanks for the reply :)

The irony of his post is that Ace could have just said.. support us and we'll make a game and release when its ready... then gone silent. Instead they allowed us to see part of the dev cycle...

Dont know if cavetroll... or really dumb.

(Inb4 brown nose or nerd rage directed at me.)

holy lol

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

The irony of his post is that Ace could have just said.. support us and we'll make a game and release when its ready... then gone silent. Instead they allowed us to see part of the dev cycle...

Dont know if cavetroll... or really dumb.

(Inb4 brown nose or nerd rage directed at me.)

For real. If one is the type of person that needs things laid out and explained 100% and then needs things to happen 100% perfectly, then following a pre-launch MMO during its dev cycle is probably not a good idea. Its why they are vague with details at times. Stuff happens and things change or evolve. Its very much normal and certainly nothing to panic and go all chicken little about.

Honestly though ACE has been by FAR one of if not THE most open and transparent devs I have ever seen during the dev cycle. Some people will just never be satisfied and wake up each day with the express purpose of finding something to be offended by or mad about.

Edited by pang

Just own up to the discrepancy and contradiction. 

I've already acknowledged the confusion, and it was clearly our fault.  The answer is accurate, but the question should have been "when does testing begin?"

I don't know why it was written this way; it is certainly confusing, and it absolutely could have led someone to make a purchase decision based on incorrect information.

Which is why I offered clarity and then invited people to contact me directly if this miscommunication would have affected their decision to back us.

So far, not one person has done so.

You now have two options. 

1) you can accept our apology for this miscommunication and move on,

2) you can decide that my apology and answer are not good enough for you, and contact me directly to take me up on my offer, 

Either of these options is fine.  What is NOT fine is continuing to call our integrity into question on this thread.  

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

[Rules of Conduct]

Thanks for the reply and consideration, Todd. I don't think anyone is going to take you up on that offer. The more important thing was clarifying the "it's always been pre alpha testing in late summer" statement as that could come across as deceptive since it conflicts with the FAQ, or as shifting the goal dates back, which I totally understand was not the intention. But it was important to clarify, so thank you for that.

re; Integrity you must remember that people will take any little thing like this that could be related to honesty/transparency and make it a big thing simply because of the fact that this is now a (partially) crowdfunded project. Many of us have been burned by such projects or let down immensely. Just take a look at Greed Monger or other high profile projects like that. So there's just an extra microscope here. The other side is that people just want to get into the game and help you test and refine it as soon as possible, for which you should feel proud.

Crazy Talk co-co-co-gl

Guardians of Moonforest fangirl

You're just an unpleasant person, aren't you? People like you ruin forums like these.

The issue is not when Alpha 1 happens. Not one person has given any indication, whatsoever, that they'll be upset if Alpha 1 doesn't happen by the end of summer. Not one person. No one has whined. The only issue here is that a very clear statement was made on the Kickstarter page, a statement of absolute incontrovertibility, and now it has been flatly contradicted, in dismissive terms, by the very people who made it. This has raised many eyebrows and explanation has been requested, and the only response has been dissembling.

I don't care if Alpha 1 happens at the end of summer or sometime later in the year. I've backed 32 games on Kickstarter, and not one of them has delivered anything on time, yet I keep backing games on Kickstarter. If ArtCraft had said, "We've realized that a more realistic timeframe is pre-alpha at the end of summer, and Alpha 1 as soon after as we can make it happen," I wouldn't have thought twice about it. What I care about is the integrity of the people I've backed. ArtCraft have flatly contradicted themselves. I want them to acknowledge the outright, irreconcilable contradiction, and clearly state what's what.

I'll repeat exactly what you said:

That is from a FAQ. The question and answer are inseparable. They are of unitary context. There is absolutely zero possibility that the answer does not indicate the question. The explicit question is about Alpha 1. The answer is necessarily, without possibility of misunderstanding, in response to Alpha 1. There is no qualification, there is no redirection of context. Even if you wanted to wiggle out of Alpha 1, specifically, you still stated "alpha". Not "pre-alpha". "Alpha".

Look, I don't care if Alpha 1 is later than you said it would be. No one does! Just own up to the discrepancy and contradiction. Yes, absolutely, most certainly, something has changed since your Kickstarter project. Fine, that happens all the time. But stop pretending it hasn't changed. Stop trying to save some notional face that doesn't need saving. Demonstrate integrity, honesty, forthrightness, and transparency. Because right now you look untrustworthy and pathetic. This is such a non-thing. You are making it a thing by trying to weasel out of a problem that didn't even exist, a problem wholly of your own invention. And now that you've made an outright denial, it's even harder to own up to the contradiction.

What the hell, dude?

this is too many words that mean "im super angry about whether the thing starts in later summer is pre-alpha or alpha"

Thanks for the reply and consideration, Todd. I don't think anyone is going to take you up on that offer. The more important thing was clarifying the "it's always been pre alpha testing in late summer" statement as that could come across as deceptive since it conflicts with the FAQ, or as shifting the goal dates back, which I totally understand was not the intention. But it was important to clarify, so thank you for that.

re; Integrity you must remember that people will take any little thing like this that could be related to honesty/transparency and make it a big thing simply because of the fact that this is now a (partially) crowdfunded project. Many of us have been burned by such projects or let down immensely. Just take a look at Greed Monger or other high profile projects like that. So there's just an extra microscope here. The other side is that people just want to get into the game and help you test and refine it as soon as possible, for which you should feel proud.

it could only do that if you were trying really hard to be pedantic

hope this helps

gtlLXYT.png

I've said this all over the forums, but people need to stop lumping their failed Kickstarter experiences with Crowfall.  You cannot fault them other's mistakes.  Sure, as an individual, you can think twice about backing something, but once you make the leap and contribute it's time to forget about past experiences with others.

Questioning the integrity of people over and over leads to a lack of transparency.  The devs have been very open with us and forthcoming with more information they they probably should have.  I, and like most others, appreciate the hell out of it.  I do not want to see this change.

[@--(o.O)@]

I've said this all over the forums, but people need to stop lumping their failed Kickstarter experiences with Crowfall.  You cannot fault them other's mistakes.  Sure, as an individual, you can think twice about backing something, but once you make the leap and contribute it's time to forget about past experiences with others.

Questioning the integrity of people over and over leads to a lack of transparency.  The devs have been very open with us and forthcoming with more information they they probably should have.  I, and like most others, appreciate the hell out of it.  I do not want to see this change.

Hi guy,

I wasn't lumping any failed kickstarter experience. I was just saying that it's absolutely not unexpected that people put community-facing issues under the microscope due to the fact that it's a crowd funded project. Which is true. It'll always be true. You can say what you like about how professional and great the team is, but it's still crowd funded and people will still feel inclined to be wary of any bumps in the road. I'm sure it won't and everything delivered so far has pointed to that, but there's no need to be abrasive because someone is just pointing out an error and seeking clarification. Now we have it and can move on with our lives. It's not a big deal. All it shows is that people are passionate about the project, and that's a good thing.

xoxo

Edited by taroskin

Crazy Talk co-co-co-gl

Guardians of Moonforest fangirl

Hi guy,

I wasn't directing the comment just at you, but more so everyone who brings up failed Kickstarter projects.  Like the clown who was talking about backing 21 other games or something.  You just happened to be the most recent one to post.

Also, xoxo to you too!

[@--(o.O)@]

The explicit question is about Alpha 1.

Thanks for risking that dogpile  :wacko:  to request clarification, to explain why it was wanted, etc.

"and a couple of the Kickstarter packages were just crazy good"

oj57UME.gif

Note: Eye candy presented with thanks to the Crow(s) who granted permission for me to include their badge(s) in this tasty exhibit.

I totally get it.  And we will make mistakes, no doubt about it.  When we do, we will own them.

Let me give you an example, from a previous life: 

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?305449-Important-message-from-J-Todd-Coleman

You'll notice : this wasn't an issue that was even apparent to the players.  It was a bug buried deep inside in a random number generator.  If we hadn't brought it to light, no one would have even known known it was an issue... but WE would have known, and that's all that matters.  

We're not perfect.  We will make mistakes, and yes, we will probably slip some dates.  It happens.  

...and when it does, we will be transparent and forthcoming about it, and then do our best to make it right.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

[Rules of Conduct]