Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders Update: Under the surface - Official discussion thread

Like the additions, stoked to get another item. I was wondering how much the alpha was worth to make sapphire such a big jump price wise. Glad you helped close the gap with another trinket. Though I would be lieing if I didn't admit I was hoping for tax free parcels.

Thanks for the update JTC...I think it's fair to say that you guys have been pretty transparent with us since the beginning and it's a pretty big leap to start calling ACE 's integrity into question over this!

Also dont forget about us Amber pledges my wife still doesn't know I paid KS that much LOL I had to do some Wolf of Wall Street moves to hide it among the bank accounts!

Edited by jinks

3e1fe97e6f8cb8b5d3e53745cdedd75a67909c97

Follow Us On Twitter ~ @SerratedGuild

I totally get it.  And we will make mistakes, no doubt about it.  When we do, we will own them.

Let me give you an example, from a previous life: 

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?305449-Important-message-from-J-Todd-Coleman

You'll notice : this wasn't an issue that was even apparent to the players.  It was a bug buried deep inside in a random number generator.  If we hadn't brought it to light, no one would have even known known it was an issue... but WE would have known, and that's all that matters.  

We're not perfect.  We will make mistakes, and yes, we will probably slip some dates.  It happens.  

...and when it does, we will be transparent and forthcoming about it, and then do our best to make it right.

Todd

ACE

I remember this.  And other "glitches"  where KI compensated players for simple "incovenience".  And they really did not have to.  Have to believe that is one of the things that you learned from KI was how to make "things" right.  :)

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I've already acknowledged the confusion, and it was clearly our fault.  The answer is accurate, but the question should have been "when does testing begin?"

I don't know why it was written this way; it is certainly confusing, and it absolutely could have led someone to make a purchase decision based on incorrect information.

This is the response that I was hoping for. Clear and unequivocal.

1) you can accept our apology for this miscommunication and move on,

I didn't even want an apology, just resolution of the contradiction. My concern is abated.

More than moving on, as a show of good will, I'm going to go upgrade to Ruby.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Who is Camelpeach and why are his posts so insulted?

Thanks for the thread ACE, and while it doesn't really tickle my fancy, it certainly delivers.

Edited by Adall

This is the response that I was hoping for. Clear and unequivocal.

He said it twice. Once before your wall of text unfounded rage.

So after he had to clarify a second time to your worthless diatribe, you backpedaled and then threw money at them? Classic!

JTC, man don't even worry about it. Literally anyone with a brain can clearly see what you've been doing here and it's much appreciated. I'll be there on that day if anyone takes your transparency for granted.

Oh wait, it was today.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

More than moving on, as a show of good will, I'm going to go upgrade to Ruby.

Wow, that's unexpected, and very cool.  Thank you.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

So is it cool if we talk about how we get to kind of build our own backer package now?

I'm looking forward to adding some Manors to my package. Possibly some additional land. But I don't know if I'd actually disassemble my package. You thinking about doing that?

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I gained a lot of respect for you devs with that beat down. I'm still not spending any more money on this game until an alpha materializes, but I respect you guys a lot more.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

Wow, that's unexpected, and very cool.  Thank you.

Todd

ACE

While I completely eschew the tone taken by some of the posters in this thread, I am delighted to be involved in a community as passionate - and I believe generally well-meaning - as this one.

Edited by Nazdar

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

While I completely eschew the tone taken by some of the posters in this thread, I am delighted to be involved in a community as passionate - and I believe generally well-meaning - as this one.

i think the bad tone was from the tinfoil people implying the devs were lying when the difference between pre-alpha and alpha is so laughable as to be non-existent

but ok

gtlLXYT.png

I've already acknowledged the confusion, and it was clearly our fault.  The answer is accurate, but the question should have been "when does testing begin?"

I don't know why it was written this way; it is certainly confusing, and it absolutely could have led someone to make a purchase decision based on incorrect information.

Which is why I offered clarity and then invited people to contact me directly if this miscommunication would have affected their decision to back us.

So far, not one person has done so.

You now have two options. 

1) you can accept our apology for this miscommunication and move on,

2) you can decide that my apology and answer are not good enough for you, and contact me directly to take me up on my offer, 

Either of these options is fine.  What is NOT fine is continuing to call our integrity into question on this thread.  

Todd

ACE

And this reply separates the whiners from anyone who might actually have real concerns. Every whiner after that post goes *plonk* in my mental filter folder cause they obviously can't be taken seriously. I might give a pass to 1 or 2 shortly after due to post race conditions but otherwise: whiner exposed.

Edit: OK, read after this post and the response was pleasantly non-whiney. No *plonks* required. Kudos

Edited by CopperStall