Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat: Finding the fun - Official discussion thread

Scrum for game design? I'm intrigued. 

Does this make Tully the Scrum master? All Hail the Dread Scrum Lord Tully.

Speaking of the game of rampant speculation, I can't help but be intrigued by the scale in the images at the bottom. One tile = one player?

Edited by Eldreth

just an Eldreth

Scrum for game design? I'm intrigued. 

Does this make Tully the Scrum master? All Hail the Dread Scrum Lord Tully.

Speaking of the game of rampant speculation, I can't help but be intrigued by the scale in the images at the bottom. One tile = one player?

If one tile is one player then I can't wait to run around in and tear up keeps.

And scrum reminds me of SCUMM and now I have to go play Monkey Island for the ten thousandth time.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

First page! This looks pretty legit thanks

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

I am so excited for the Grey boxes.  Now that my Finals are over I can finally look forward to Crowfall updates instead of dreading over school grades.

I hope to see many iterations as you guys claim, iterative combat testing sounds like it will get wacky on a regular basis.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

It sort of makes you scratch your head on how other companies do their testing. It makes perfect sense. Why spend 3 months building textures on something you don't even know works. Keep is plain, simple, and little time investment to see if it will work. If it does, excellent. Start making it look nice. If not, figure out how to make it work and try again. Maybe we don't see that phase but I dont recall this type of testing with external people in the past.

mael4.jpg

P.S. Speaking of grey boxes, here's a sneak preview of the grey box models of the Large Keep our lead environment artist Jon O'Neal is currently working on. Let us know what you think!

I'd say, keep up the good work! 6_u

Sounds like a great approach you guys are taking. Not to sound like the Microsoft Office Paperclip or anything, but, regarding the example of wall height... what if you just quickly and crudely placed, say, 3 different wall sections of different heights in (or, if not sections, then 3 instances of the "same" keep/structure, each identical except for wall height), then let testers "feel out" the best one?

Maybe one will feel like the right scale compared to the character models, and they'll say "but I feel like I can't jump high enough," so you'll know maybe bumping up jump height would be more prudent in the next iteration. Or, maybe they'll decide Keep B feels right and jump height feels good, but the keep's walls are too short/tall. *shrug*. You guys know what you're doing. Just wanted to pitch multiple-choice-style testing for some things, in case that sounds like any kind of plan (obviously for other things, it wouldn't work.)

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.