Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wrong price quoted when attempting to commit to pledge upgrade

Afternoon,

I couldn't find anywhere else to go to reference this issue.

I purchased a $150 early bird Gold pledge during the kickstarter (normal price was $175). I am trying to upgrade it to an Amber pledge and have been quoted at every stage until I commit to the purchase $125 as the cost to upgrade this pledge. It quite rightly is removing the amount of $150 from the total price of $275 when it does the equations for the difference.

However, just before I go to commit to the purchase both paypal and visa have done their amount in dollars being converted to sterling and it is converting $150 instead of $125. Is there any way to address this so that I can purchase the pledge upgrade without being charged $25 more?

Any assistance would be great.

Many Thanks,

Richard

Edited by brashentell

VAT.  The gift that keeps on giving.  Local taxes are added to the purchase, sorry!  We don't have any control over that.  There is a place where is says the estimated taxes, but the real ones show up at the end.  We are working to make that more clear in the future.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Gordon,

Thank you for the quick response. Most people, like myself, are happy to support the game as it appears to be a fantastic project but prices should always be as transparent as possible. I know this is probably more a technical issue and will not get sorted without some effort.

Of Interest, the Amber package costs more than it did during the kickstarter by $25 dollars and it is now $50 more expensive than it once was, if you add local taxes. I accept that this is the cost of hesitation and still feel it is good value. I might be wrong but is this the only package that has also gone up in price since the kickstarter, at this time? Do we know why? (I have bought the upgrade but the questions are just out of curiosity :))

Edited by brashentell

Gordon,

Thank you for the quick response. Most people, like myself, are happy to support the game as it appears to be a fantastic project but prices should always be as transparent as possible. I know this is probably more a technical issue and will not get sorted without some effort.

Of Interest, the Amber package costs more than it did during the kickstarter by $25 dollars and it is now $50 more expensive than it once was, if you add local taxes. I accept that this is the cost of hesitation and still feel it is good value. I might be wrong but is this the only package that has also gone up in price since the kickstarter, at this time? Do we know why? (I have bought the upgrade but the questions are just out of curiosity :))

It was already stated that some pack prices were increased due to their miscalculation of shipping prices during kickstarter. The other thing is, kickstarter had no VAT, which pretty much sums it up. It sucks that you pay a higher amount of € than the $ pricetag, but that's Europe for you. 

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

I wanted to upgrade from $34 tier to $60 tier but another $5 was added onto the cost at final total due to additional taxes so I cancelled and now won't be upgrading.

I am paying in pound sterling (£) but maybe the upgrade price or a warning about adding VAT should be stated at the start and not at the end? There is no breakdown of the pricing just a flat fee. It was a $26 upgrade but cost $31.