Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will people in campaigns be able to visit their EKs?

I tried the search bar function , but couldn't find anything on this. My apologies if there is one. 

My question is if my character is in say a 1 year campaign; will i be able to visit the Eternal Kingdom im building up? Or will i be locked and for that whole year i cant even visit my Eternal Kingdom ? Or will i have to make another character to just RUN the Eternal Kingdom? The reason im asking this is I've been debating a long time between sapphire and Ruby.. and a friend of mine came up with the point of What if you get all this stuff Medium castle, keeps, cathedrals etc etc.; but you're locked in a campaign for a long time. And then your kingdom "withers" away? Not "withers away go away; i mean as in all stops functioning because im not bringing enough resources in. Say because there is only 2 or 3 friends, but were stuck in a campaign trying to get resources and MAINTAIN the EK from falling apart. Will i have to create another toon just to be able to recruit/entice people please come to my kingdom...?

Edited by IraqVet

So far the plan is that we can go to our EKS when we want.

Consider it a kind of lobby, between the login screen and the campaigns. (You should also be able to log straight into the campaigns)

HOWEVER...

You cannot bring anything from the campaign world into the EK until the campaign ends.

And you can only bring in a limited amount of equipment to the campaign to begin with.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

How I understood it, it will work like this:

You log in your account. You pick the character you want to play with. Then you will have to decide in what type of server/world you want to login. That can be a campaign you currently participating in or any EK you want, be it your own, any other EK that is set to public or an EK where you're a vassal.

If you're logged into a campaign and want to go to any EK, you have to logout first and login again to the EK you want to go. When you're logged into a EK, you will first have to logout there before you can login into your current campaign.

I assume when you switch characters the worlds you have access to will change. You will see a different campaign (because you can only have one character in a campaign), same owned EK (because you get one EK per account) and possible other EK's as well.

ACE talked about searching for an EK you want to visit is like using a search engine. I assume you can filter for keywords, like PvP. Possible also tags players associated with their EK as well. I hope we can 'bookmark' our favorite EK's so we can find them again more easily.

I think searching for a campaign you want to participate in works in rather the same way. A list of possibilities and filter/search for one you want to join and lock yourself into.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Thank you for the quick answer. Also what are your thoughts on the "maintenance" of having a kingdom? Like ok i got all this stuff... how long before it shuts down?

I honestly have no clue how they will do that, because he upkeep can't possibly be expected to be collected very often, if we can only take out stuff once per 3 to 6 months.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

So far the plan is that we can go to our EKS when we want.

Consider it a kind of lobby, between the login screen and the campaigns. (You should also be able to log straight into the campaigns)

HOWEVER...

You cannot bring anything from the campaign world into the EK until the campaign ends.

And you can only bring in a limited amount of equipment to the campaign to begin with.

They have said they may tweak the frequency of exporting from campaigns, which actually suggests that it's not only when a campaign ends, necessarily.

I honestly have no clue how they will do that, because he upkeep can't possibly be expected to be collected very often, if we can only take out stuff once per 3 to 6 months.

I am thinking that they'll use coin for the upkeep rather than resources. It will be a harsh environment in the EK's for the first few campaigns though.  Folks with sellable contributor rewards will probably do much better.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

They have said they may tweak the frequency of exporting from campaigns, which actually suggests that it's not only when a campaign ends, necessarily.

I must have missed this among the flood of information we are getting.

Could you possibly point me to where this is stated?

I am thinking that they'll use coin for the upkeep rather than resources. It will be a harsh environment in the EK's for the first few campaigns though. Folks with sellable contributor rewards will probably do much better.

Maybe.

I don't see that as a very good system though.

The coins still have to come from the campaigns.

Having to sell your assets, to pay upkeep on your other assets, seems like a bad economy base.

I must have missed this among the flood of information we are getting.

Could you possibly point me to where this is stated?

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6499-meaningful-ek-contribution-to-campaigns/?p=175004

"If there aren't enough materials flowing from the Campaign worlds, we can increase the Campaign rewards.  We can do this by increasing capacity (how much you can take out), or even by addressing flow (how often you can export). "

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6499-meaningful-ek-contribution-to-campaigns/?p=175004

"If there aren't enough materials flowing from the Campaign worlds, we can increase the Campaign rewards.  We can do this by increasing capacity (how much you can take out), or even by addressing flow (how often you can export). "

I missed that quote, thank you for pulling it!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.. I came here for answers.. but I have a couple of guesses.. based on logic that's all.

I have not seen any evidence in all the info released that we will be able to jump from campaign to EK, however, it seems logical to me that it will be possible.. simply because it doesn't make sense to expect someone to care about a place/feature that you only get to see/visit once a month (at best) and in some cases once a year!

Imagine returning to your EK after a 6 month campaign... you wouldn't even remember what it looks like after so long.. and why invest time in it if you know you will be heading to a campaign soon???

To my understanding, EK will work much as the capitals work on other MMOs, so.. one moment you are in a campaign battling out for resources etc.. then when you wanna cool out, you head to the EK and "chill" at you desired social hub..

Campaigns will have social hubs too.. only these are limited to the players who joined that campaign world. They will be vulnerable to attacks thus while in a "campaign city" players must keep a constant look out. 

You will essentially work on developing 2 place simultaneously.. one is you "fixed home" (EK), the other is your "temporary home" (campaign).

As far as jumping from Campaign to EK.. I don't think you'd need to Logoff to be able to jump from one to another.. from a technical point of view, that's not necessary.. what we will most likely get is a loading screen.. 

Lf6MJUL.png

http://www.legend-gaming.net

Pingu - Member

---------------------------"Winter is coming"---------------------------