• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tduran91

PLEASE no daily quests!

Pro Daily quest or Anti Daily quest  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Pro Daily or Anti Daily

As long as Ace sees how much we despise WoWs format of quest, we have done our job as future gamers of this game? Words r hard.

Seriously, I posted this so we could get a consensus on daily quests. We have discovered that no one wants WoWs format of what a quest is. Using this knowledge Ace will definitely see how not make thier quests ,objectives , or whatever u want to call them. We should now discuss some great 《《《《《SUGGESTIONS》》》》》 (this is a suggestion thread) that could be implemented or at least thought of for testing and eventually release.

For me one could be during a campaign ,if your a tank, an achievement for that specific campaign would be to take the most amount of damage witht the least amount of deaths.This will help tanks focus on thier primary goals as a tank while rewarding them for being number 1 in that specific campaign. This is a general idea thay could be altered for any role. It brings out competition between classes. Brings community together. WIN WIN AND WIN.

"It's impossible" No! It's Necessary."  

Viking...

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this, because I know for a fact you have an entire human brain that can comprehend this, so what you choose to do with this information is up to you. If you want to be a child, be a child. If not, don't. I can't control what you do.

The entire purpose of using a specific term (such as "quest") in reference to something that either a) ACE is trying to tell us about their design, or B) we're trying to inquire about in regard to ACE's design, is to identify a specific idea, so that everyone using that term is on the same page. If you go around pushing this hard for everything to mean something else, you're just muddying up everyone's meanings. You're evaluating the meaning of the word "quest" for the sake of doing so. Which is great, by itself, but is not great in the midst of a forum full of people wondering about a game's design.

Imagine if we started saying "Well, I'm going to call a Support-buffer a DPS class, because technically that's what they are. They buff other people, thereby raising their allies' DPS values." That's fine to just point out. But then, when others are all "that's great, but I don't want to have to find another term to use to refer to what has already been established by the usage of 'DPS' in terms of a class role," and you just say "but it describes the role! Technically! So, I'm gonna sit here and insist I connect the term DPS to as many things in the game as possible, so that now, whenever someone says a character is a 'DPS,' that doesn't even mean anything anymore."

So, congratulations. You're correct in what you are saying -- which is basically that we could call many, many things "quests," -- but you're being correct is not useful or productive in any way towards the discussion at hand. And intentionally trying to further a terminological disconnect in a forum is nothing short of unreasonable.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Great Post Lephys!!  I think VN is very intelligent, I really do.   If he wants daily quests so be it.  I respect the desire to want, we have all wanted this game to be certain things at certain times.   And I also respect anyone's arguments to state the why's the wherefores of how people take up for their particular "niche" idea and to have it included in the game.  Whether it is a good idea for THIS game or not.  What I do not appreciate is an attempt to disparage the intelligence, reasoning and comprehension of anyone who opposes that idea.  Discussions like this encourage research and thought and communication w.in the community which in normal circumstances is a wonderful thing.        

tl:dr  The subject was beat into the ground and did absolutely nothing in the way of furthering discussion, informing new members, discussing or swaying existing members and least of all helping the ACE team make a good game.  It was a FAIL.  Hopefully we have all learned what not to do on the next controversial subject. We'll see.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Your example is a case of daily quests reaching a chore-like state... not all daily quests are like that... look at gw2 for example. 

You seem to have a lot of assumptions about what a daily quest entails... they come in all shapes and sizes, and this may blow your mind but some people enjoy doing the quests just to do the quests... it's not always reward based. 

I'm curious though... how am I looking at crowfall like a linear progression game? 

I have played GW2 and i can most certainly attest that daily quests ARE a grind and a chore, they give you laurels which in turn get you closer to completing the legendary pachinko mystic toilet prize. They range from killing the same mob X amount of time[wooooow], exploring waypoints in a certain zone[woooooow] and completing the same jumping puzzles that you've completed 30 times[woooooow]. If Crowfall ever decided to put junk like that in this game then I'm done.

The dailys in GW2 is to pad out the game cause there's nothing left to do when you've finished the game. I never want to experience the hand holding of an MMO like GW2 ever again, exploration is meant to be difficult, surprising and a reward in of itself...not a points of interest/waypoint chore for every segregated map for a piece of a legendary grind that you drop in a RNG toilet.

Edited by billybowl

I think this poll incorrectly assumes that there is a PVE aspect to this game. I don't think there will be any traditional "dalies."

On the other hand there will probably be a lot of repeated objectives, things like mining, crafting, gathering. Not dissimilar to EVE though they will probably all have the end goal of conquest and be guild driven.

Edit.... That moment when you reply to a thread, and then realize your post is on page 14 -_-

Edited by baerin

Welp, in case anyone doubted it ( looking at you VN )  JTC confirmed on C and C tonight that there will be NO QUESTS in Crowfall  :)

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Oh for All Fathers Sake, a devs confirmation is something to be noted, especially with VN around.   Sounds like you wanted quests to me :)

Welp, in case anyone doubted it ( looking at you VN )  JTC confirmed on C and C tonight that there will be NO QUESTS in Crowfall   :)

I'd have to know the context and what was said, as we know sometimes people on these forums misinterpret what is said. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Especially since VN was mentioned.  And then Todd posts "No Quests"  lol
"

I'd have to know the context and what was said, as we know sometimes people on these forums misinterpret what is said. 

Pretty simple.

There will be no quests in Crowfall.

This has been said previously aswell by Devs, and too be fair, quests are for gonzos anways.

Pretty simple.

There will be no quests in Crowfall.

This has been said previously aswell by Devs, and too be fair, quests are for gonzos anways.

That's weird, I wonder what they are calling formats like picking up a bloodstone and running it to a point the game determines then. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

That's weird, I wonder what they are calling formats like picking up a bloodstone and running it to a point the game determines then. 

Theres a difference between a quest, and an Event.

Edited by zinnie