Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTX 980 Ti

Eren

The long wait is finally over, unfortunantly not as good as the rumers whence told us, yet still an impressive product. Has same price/performance ratio with 980 but this one costs 650$ , making it the perfect choice for gaming PC's.

user4977_pic3747_1411543546.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX2rJrqAF_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQou5h0Zh2k

I will buy one of these, then i will buy another and go 4K

It's a nice card for sure. I decided to buy a GTX 970 last month, because I didn't want to spend too much on this generation of GPU. I'm planning to buy an entire new system with the latest generation of basically everything in about 1-2 years.

I'm waiting for the next generation that will be released next year with stacked memory and NVLink. They're saying they'll be able to increase speeds by 5-12x than the current gen. Even if we assume they will never reach this max. speed and the cards will reach the minimum 5x improvement, it still is a major upgrade.

Unless you're willing and able to spend a lot of money at this moment 4K gaming is just not there yet. At least not on a single card setup. Maybe next year. Until then I'm not bothered. Lots of games don't support 4K yet too. It's certainly for the enthusiast.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

It's a nice card for sure. I decided to buy a GTX 970 last month, because I didn't want to spend too much on this generation of GPU. I'm planning to buy an entire new system with the latest generation of basically everything in about 1-2 years.

I'm waiting for the next generation that will be released next year with stacked memory and NVLink. They're saying they'll be able to increase speeds by 5-12x than the current gen. Even if we assume they will never reach this max. speed and the cards will reach the minimum 5x improvement, it still is a major upgrade.

Unless you're willing and able to spend a lot of money at this moment 4K gaming is just not there yet. At least not on a single card setup. Maybe next year. Until then I'm not bothered. Lots of games don't support 4K yet too. It's certainly for the enthusiast.

I will use 1440p downsampled to 1080p with this, then i will buy 2nd 980 ti to move onto 4K. 

I will use 1440p downsampled to 1080p with this, then i will buy 2nd 980 ti to move onto 4K. 

I didn't want to imply that you shouldn't buy the card. I'm actually pretty jealous and I wish I had the kind of money to afford upgrades like this myself! Like I explained, only the enthusiast (with lots of money) is able to afford 4K gaming atm, because you need to invest in a dual card setup and a new screen. :-)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I didn't want to imply that you shouldn't buy the card. I'm actually pretty jealous and I wish I had the kind of money to afford upgrades like this myself! Like I explained, only the enthusiast (with lots of money) is able to afford 4K gaming atm, because you need to invest in a dual card setup and a new screen. :-)

Well, im planning to move to 4K after 2 years, hopefully when the prices are much more affordable :P

Currently im using HD7850 , it has served me arguably good, but now its time to see some fancy graphics