Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hunger/Cold-Impervious Weapons?

I'm thinking of swords atm, specifically swords like Jon Snow's Longclaw  and the dragon glass shards in Game of Thrones. 

Valyrian steel recipes would be awesome!

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I'm not sure how these would be different from weapon of any other metal, in the Crowfall universe. We haven't been given to understand that there are any creatures with immunities to "all weapons except this kind", nor do I think that feature would be a positive addition to the game.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Well, I do hope that different alloys have different properties.  It would be boring if all weapons were essentially the same.

The concept of Valyrian steel is awesome.

IhhQKY6.gif

Crowfall_AlloyChart.jpg

Yes. Different alloys will have different properties.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yeah don't see a point either. I mean sure it'll be useful when killing the few mobs we will encounter but don't think its enough to warrant a special sword/weapon you only use against NPC mobs.

I'm just thinking about Longclaw in Game of Thrones and how valyrian steel is the only thing other than dragon glass that will kill White Walkers. There will be Hunger-infected beasties in the campaign worlds; I wonder if they will be especially hard to kill. I'd love to specialize in enchanted weapons guaranteed to kill them :)

For example, what if Hunger-infected beasties are encountered in roaming packs along caravan lines? If we need special weapons to kill them, that could be pretty cool, IMO.

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I'm just thinking about Longclaw in Game of Thrones and how valyrian steel is the only thing other than dragon glass that will kill White Walkers. There will be Hunger-infected beasties in the campaign worlds; I wonder if they will be especially hard to kill. I'd love to specialize in enchanted weapons guaranteed to kill them :)

For example, what if Hunger-infected beasties are encountered in roaming packs along caravan lines? If we need special weapons to kill them, that could be pretty cool, IMO.

If thats a spoiler.. RIP me..

I havnt seen the new episode yet ; - ;

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

If thats a spoiler.. RIP me..

I havnt seen the new episode yet ; - ;

It's only a spoiler if you haven't read the first book or so. It isn't a spoiler for the show at all :)

The books have been out for 12 years or so. Consider the valyrian steel and dragon glass thing GoT lore. 

Iridian ShadowWeaver, please show some restraint about dumping GoT spoilers in these forums.  At least put then in spoiler tags.

IhhQKY6.gif

It's not just that there will be a few hunger-infected beasties in the CWs. Everything in the CWs will be progressively more hunger-infected as the seasons advance. So if you made hungerbeasts invulnerable except for specific weapons, those would be the only weapons you could use at all if you wanted to be PVE-capable.

And if that alloy is rare, this creates a very negative rich-get-richer feedback loop in favor of the people who control the needed mines.

This whole thing is a bad idea.

Tully

It's only a spoiler if you haven't read the first book or so. It isn't a spoiler for the show at all :)

The books have been out for 12 years or so. Consider the valyrian steel and dragon glass thing GoT lore. 

No matter how long the books have been out, someone out there is still reading them now, or will read them later.

IhhQKY6.gif

Iridian ShadowWeaver, please show some restraint about dumping GoT spoilers in these forums.  At least put then in spoiler tags.

Hi, I'm sorry you haven't availed yourself of the books over 12 years. It really isn't my responsibility to be silent on a topic I enjoy because someone has chosen not to read. Further, there's no spoiler in noting lore from very early in the Game of Thrones lexicon of knowledge. 

Happy reading :)

Hi, I'm sorry you haven't availed yourself of the books over 12 years. It really isn't my responsibility to be silent on a topic I enjoy because someone has chosen not to read. Further, there's no spoiler in noting lore from very early in the Game of Thrones lexicon of knowledge. 

I wasn't expecting such an obnoxious response to a request to cool it on spoilers.

IhhQKY6.gif

Not your responsibility but makes you look rude and snobby because you read the books and others haven't or don't plan to and only have watched the TV show.

Simple common courtesy is all people ask for.

I know, Ive read them all. I meant that..

John Snow slays a white walker in the new episode with longclaw?

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I wasn't expecting such an obnoxious response to a request to cool it on spoilers.

I wasn't expecting such an obnoxious demand to remain silent on a series of books that have been read by millions of people over the past 12 years. 

Plus, you and I clearly disagree on the definition of the word "spoiler", as I've given away not a single unknown plot summary, nor have I described a turning moment or otherwise crucial bit of storyline that is heretofore unknown to readers or viewers. 

Now, on my OP: I think the ability to craft/forge enchanted steel to help protect caravans is a smart business decision for anyone who plans to build a crafting empire. 

I wasn't expecting such an obnoxious demand to remain silent on a series of books that have been read by millions of people over the past 12 years. 

Plus, you and I clearly disagree on the definition of the word "spoiler", as I've given away not a single unknown plot summary, nor have I described a turning moment or otherwise crucial bit of storyline that is heretofore unknown to readers or viewers. 

What is obnoxious about asking people to put spoilers in spoiler tags?  That is what spoiler tags are for.  And in no way am I asking you to be silent.

Your definition of spoiler is wrong, by the way.

Spoiler (media)

IhhQKY6.gif

Now, on my OP: I think the ability to craft/forge enchanted steel to help protect caravans is a smart business decision for anyone who plans to build a crafting empire. 

First sentence in your post number #6 in this thread can be considered a spoiler to those who only watch the TV Show.

Again, common courtesy is all that as asked for not silence. Not everyone has read or plans to read the books so holding that over others is pretty rude IMO. This also isn't the first time you've had this issue and been called out for it. Use the spoiler tags that's what they are there for.

Edited by pang

This might be cool if there are Survival-type rulesets or something. But it doesn't seem like a significant enough thing in standard "your main opponent is just other people" rulesets. Unless people can become infected.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Ohh! I'm supposed to pretend that I'm not an intelligent reader-type. Got ya. Thanks, @pang. I appreciate the reminder.

Common courtesy: Never speak of a book someone I don't know on the internet might have chosen not to read. K K

Thanks so much for derailing my crafting thread. Maybe put me on ignore. You'll be much happier that way :)

Have at it, fellows.