Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NicholasLionRider

Game of Thrones

Honestly losing interest in GoT particularly after readinf Dance With Dragons. GoT can only be saved by offing Daenarys ASAP

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I was skeptical of the new directions in the plot lines this season, until last night. My only worry is that the show might reveal too much of the storyline from "Winds of Winter" before it's even published. If the show continues to diverge widely from the next novel, I'll be happy. 

Remember how many times in the past Lord Commander Mormont reminded Jon to not lose Longclaw? How many times did he drop the damn sword last night? I was worried about Jon there for a while. Spectacular recovery! Also, I'm super glad the Wun Wun didn't end up as a wight. That whole sequence was one hell of an epic battle. 

I'm particularly pleased at how Sansa was portrayed last night; she's not broken, she is resolved and shows clearly that she has her mother's spine of steel. Go Sansa! Can't wait to see how she deals with Ramsay. 

What about that stunning meeting of Dany and a certain highly skilled noble. OMG, this is the set up I've waited for ever since "A Dance with Dragons". 

Ahh, so much good in that episode!

Makes me want to play a similar game...

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Don't have any issue with this season at all. Sure it gets slow at times but it all can't be battles and deaths every episode, would have ran out of characters 2 seasons ago. Also have never read the books so I don't get bummed or miffed if something diverges from what was in a book. Can just watch and its all new and exciting.

That's usually the issue with any Movie/tv show based on books. Some that read the books first I think set themselves up for disappointment when you demand/expect the movie or show to be a 100% copy of the book. Just go with the flow and take it as its own entity IMO.

I actually just binge watched GoT last week (blame it on Iridian!) and last night's episode had me whoohoooing at the screen when Sansa finally got some light in her eyes.

As for the undead battle - that moment when they're floating away and the wight raises his arms.  *shudder*

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I actually just binge watched GoT last week (blame it on Iridian!) and last night's episode had me whoohoooing at the screen when Sansa finally got some light in her eyes.

As for the undead battle - that moment when they're floating away and the wight raises his arms.  *shudder*

That White Walker...I like to think of him as issuing a challenge to Lord Commander Snow. 

You're welcome for the binge-watching support!

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Wait Sans a and Ramsay get together on the show? Lol they're really deviating from the book now.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Wait Sans a and Ramsay get together on the show? Lol they're really deviating from the book now.

Yes, at this point, the show is not much in sync with the novels, except to reference key events and characters' storylines. Sansa and Ramsay never happened in the book, that bit with that poor girl Jayne who was impersonating Arya was entirely changed for the show. In fact, practically nothing in the past two episodes actually happened in the books.

It's a very cool adaptation. But I do wish GRRM would finish "Winds of Winter" before the next GoT show season. 

So neither Jorah nor Tyrion thought to tell Daenerys about that loophole the slavers are using? That slavery is still a thing in her little kingdom? No? Just gonna let her continue to believe that the men duking it out in the fighting pits are freedmen, there by choice... for no reason?

Edited by Fenrial

Best episode since the Red Wedding.  I'm going to go home tonight and watch it a second time!

By the way, the avalanche of wights off the cliff made me try and imagine how CF worlds will ends... maybe a sea of zombies?  That would be pretty awesome having to carve your way through the icy zombie landscape while trying to export your last load of spoils.

rSHxVEY.gif

It's nice that every once in a while they remind us of some of the real threats to the world... but then when's the next time we will see a white walker after this?  I feel like they are very far away in the books and the show from really unleashing the dragons or white walkers on us. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

This season I will agree has been by far the worst. But for TV, that is still an incredibly good show. After the Mountain vs the Viper, Wilding Fight, Tyrion's trial and Purple Wedding last season, it is hard to live up to that hype. Although it could have been better, I think with the characters they still have, they have made relatively good use.

The further away from the books the show gets, the better it gets.

I agree, to an extent. I think the divergence from the plot lines in the novels is an excellent decision to adapt the story for television. It's by far the best adaptation of a novel/series I've seen.

But I also like the novels, eye-glazing run-on sentences and all. LOL, reading GRRM is an effort in patience for me, most definitely. The Westeros  wiki is helpful for knitting together the intricate and weird loops in GRRM's narrative. 

I like the deviation from the book, as a reader and watcher, I'm not as entertained by the exact same story being delivered two different ways.

Some of the previous adaptations were really good, others just make sense from a character desaturation standpoint, as including all the fruitless characters would decrease the time spent on primary characters.

A few episodes slumped this season, and previous seasons were stronger, but it's still very good.

I also respect the fact that their running out of material to use and are going to have to adapt their own conclusion, unless GRRM gives them a summary of upcoming events. That's just an obstacle, not a fault on their part, I've been waiting for Winds of Winter since last spring, when it was originally forecasted.

There is at least one more book after that, and the show will probably complete season 7 before GRRM releases A Song of Spring... They need to get used to adapting. Hopefully GRRM will give them a scenario to build off of :]

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P