Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NicholasLionRider

Game of Thrones

I like the deviation from the book, as a reader and watcher, I'm not as entertained by the exact same story being delivered two different ways.

Some of the previous adaptations were really good, others just make sense from a character desaturation standpoint, as including all the fruitless characters would decrease the time spent on primary characters.

A few episodes slumped this season, and previous seasons were stronger, but it's still very good.

I also respect the fact that their running out of material to use and are going to have to adapt their own conclusion, unless GRRM gives them a summary of upcoming events. That's just an obstacle, not a fault on their part, I've been waiting for Winds of Winter since last spring, when it was originally forecasted.

There is at least one more book after that, and the show will probably complete season 7 before GRRM releases A Song of Spring... They need to get used to adapting. Hopefully GRRM will give them a scenario to build off of :]

^^^^^ This is where it gets weird. Literature led to tv, which led to fueling the literature...This hasn't happened before, to my knowledge. Hooray for emergent media intertwining!

There are some important bits from "A Dance with Dragons" I'd like to see in the last two episodes. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

There are two more episodes, but also, the show doesn't need to deliver the seasons in sequence with the books, so they could include key scenes from books 4 and 5 in seasons 6.

It's in their interest to protract the story so more of the book can be delivered before filming onward.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Best episode since the Red Wedding.  I'm going to go home tonight and watch it a second time!

By the way, the avalanche of wights off the cliff made me try and imagine how CF worlds will ends... maybe a sea of zombies?  That would be pretty awesome having to carve your way through the icy zombie landscape while trying to export your last load of spoils.

This.

x9M7iWc.png?1

Sansa has obviously been a point of contention and frustration this season. As a primarily show watcher (I'm near the end of ACoK), I was disappointed with Sansa's victimization at first, but I certainly wasn't as irate as some book readers. It's as if book Sansa and show Sansa are different characters. And the fan reaction to Sansa's regression has made me hold off on finishing the books so that my view of characters isn't muddied by different stories.

I took me awhile to accept that Sansa is not promised progress or happiness. GoT habitually sets up an expectation and then dashes it against the rocks--Sansa bedding is no exception.

I think the Dornish scenes are weak and seemingly filler, but I thought the same of Bran, Stannis, and Dany throughout most of the first 3 seasons. Only lately has all that setup paid off. With book knowledge, you understand the importance of those "boring" scenes. But without the foresight, one cannot discern filler from actual plot.

So this season may be "weak" because as a book reader you do not know what is on the next page. Personally I don't think this season is any different than the rest. They all have weak scenes, and they all have lulls which eventually bring it all together.

Edited by motstandet

So neither Jorah nor Tyrion thought to tell Daenerys about that loophole the slavers are using? That slavery is still a thing in her little kingdom? No? Just gonna let her continue to believe that the men duking it out in the fighting pits are freedmen, there by choice... for no reason?

I hope that Tyrion will teach Daenerys a bit about statecraft, as she's so clearly lacking in that skill. She has gotten herself stuck in a corner with re-opening the fighting pits. Tyrion seems to approve of that maneuver, now we shall see how he helps her out of the corner and onto a proper (maybe?) throne. This is my favorite deviation from the novels; the change speeds up and enhances the tortuously slow sequence to get Tyrion to Dany,  which hasn't yet happened in the books. I think readers have to wait for "Winds of Winter". 

Jorah is making me seriously sad. I just wanna give him a big hug and a nice cup of tea, poor thing. Dany should have sent him to the Wall. Maybe in a future episode? This part is so far out from the novels that pure speculation is warranted :D

There are supposedly THREE characters that are destined for a shared throne. AND there are THREE dragons... I have some ideas about who. Anyone else have theories?

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

when does the show finish covering everything in the books so i can quit reading GoT threads when one eye open

End of season five, they've actually already overtaken the books in some areas. Though I've heard they might be using a cut storyline from the fourth book, feast for crows, for the next season.

Let's be real, the show is better than the books at this point.

The books were full of such nonsensical nonsense, such as 5 pages in the row about custard food ffs.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

I saw it when it premiered at 11am in the morning since I had the day off, wow was it worth it, I loved every minute of the last 15 minutes.  So incredibly epic.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

maybe add spoiler in the title some of us don't have HBO and have to wait for the dvd's for the next season.

Not trying to be rude, but an unmarked thread about a live show is obviously going to discuss events during its current season. I don't know how anyone expects to avoid spoilers while using social parts of the web. I neglect twitter, facebook, and reddit until I watch the latest episode.

Jorah is making me seriously sad. I just wanna give him a big hug and a nice cup of tea, poor thing. Dany should have sent him to the Wall. Maybe in a future episode? This part is so far out from the novels that pure speculation is warranted :D

His unfortunate condition means that he's got a time crunch going on.

I get that he's probably trying to get back to Dany via the fighting pits (again...) but why? Sheer stubborn nearly a stalker lurv or is he planning on being the life death of the party next time he sees her?

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.