Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slackware

Crowfall on consoles? CrossServer works?

I mean cross plataform

Its a nice idea there is no mmorpg cross plataform on the market crowfall is innovating with alot of things,  it should innovate even more doing this.

What u guys think about this

Edited by Slackware

A PVP landscape where some of the players have keyboards and others have controllers is a completely unfair mismatch. Other games have tried it and the console gamers just get blown out of the water.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

A PVP landscape where some of the players have keyboards and others have controllers is a completely unfair mismatch. Other games have tried it and the console gamers just get blown out of the water.

thiink about diablo 3, many people thought it  couldnt be good on console and it acualy is better on consoles then pc.

Its all about pratice a guy on controller can be good as well as a player in the mouse i dont think its unfair mismatch..

give me a example of cross plataform mmorpg that it happened (ust get blown out of the water water..)

Edited by Slackware

thiink about diablo 3, many people thought it couldnt be good on console and it acualy is better on consoles then pc.

Its all about pratice a guy on controller can be good as well as a player in the mouse i dont think its unfair mismatch..

Diablo 3 is not a mouse and keyboard game to the point where it makes a difference. Studies and games have shown keyboard and mouse are superior to console controllers when it comes to FPS like play. Since this game will require you to aim your attacks, console controller people will be at a disadvantage.

Also, it is very unlikely that this will happen.

Also, there are other MMORPGs on the market that cross platform and PC. See FFXIV.

Edited by Adall

Diablo 3 is not a mouse and keyboard game to the point where it makes a difference. Studies and games have shown keyboard and mouse are superior to console controllers when it comes to FPS like play. Since this game will require you to aim your attacks, console controller people will be at a disadvantage.

Also, it is very unlikely that this will happen.

But this is action based, no targets right? So you just need to be in range...

Edited by Slackware

You will need to target, especially with ranged attacks.

Well tera has xbox controller support and i played with that with no problem... So it could go to console as well

Well tera has xbox controller support and i played with that with no problem... So it could go to console as well

Except they have zero plans to port and have stated they are making this game for PC only. If a port were to come, it is many many years away and will depend on their success. See FFXIV or ESO for your console MMORPG fix.

In a competitive game, those who have a controller will on average lose to those with a keyboard and mouse set up.

Please don't ask questions and ignore the answers you get, it makes no one want to help you.

Edited by Adall

I mean cross plataform

Its a nice idea there is no mmorpg cross plataform on the market crowfall is innovating with alot of things,  it should innovate even more doing this.

What u guys think about this

We've had a couple of discussions about Steam, but nothing on true console platforms. I think we're way too far out from a firm launch to get much info on future alternate release options. 

I'm open-minded though.

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Here is he current official answer from the FAQs:

3. WHAT PLATFORM IS CROWFALL FOR?

Crowfall is initially a game for Windows PCs. As for other platforms:

We expect that if a Macintosh has Windows compatibility and a 3d Graphics card it will work. We are not planning a native client at this time. Other OS variants such are Linux are not being considered at this time.

Realistically, as a small company with a game for a relatively small audience, we won’t be able to afford to support multi-platform clients.

Console is not completely out of the realm of possibility, but it is not a current priority, and would require separate funding.