Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

How, if indeed they made separate development and political sections to post in, would it degrade the development? I just don't understand why you left My little pony online????

Covered the political aspect in the thread already bae, shtay a while and lishen. 

I left my little pony online because the balance changes were ridiculous, the pink pony was jumping higher and running faster and it was stronger and it worked harder, and it was just better. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

ill guess at a few of the topics that came up tho and write as few words as possible about them

restricting forums to backers and restricting newbies to 30 days: this was bad and dumb from the start, and i think we can tell how successful this initiative was by the almost complete lack of posts in the subforum created, nobody is going to create a post to be put in some dumb subforum with no posts in it

bu-bu-bu the forums isnt the game: this has always been a dumb thing to say considering how important the community is and always has been for this type of game and if anyone in here said that then that tells me you dont really know anything about these types of games

dogpiling: lol get some thicker skin

i feel like my post got ignored, and im sad of it

gtlLXYT.png

Covered the political aspect in the thread already bae, shtay a while and lishen. 

I left my little pony online because the balance changes were ridiculous, the pink pony was jumping higher and running faster and it was stronger and it worked harder, and it was just better.

And don't get me started on the sparkle nerf! Damn devs....

So you left because the pink pony was hardcore, eh?  I'm pretty sure what you just described matches the description you gave of what is required to be labeled as hardcore.  As such, I now know that you indeed are not the hardcore person you claim to be.

[@--(o.O)@]

zJuzwiu.gifCalling you toxic primal, you're a bad example on this community because you're too opinionated and too brash.

I am going to go ahead and offtopic post on this by asking you what have you done to contribute??? Huh?? Well??? I'm waiting for an answer.

We can't have individuals sprout their crow wings around these parts, your wings are getting clipped son (this is a joke, primal wont take offense, no need to edit thanks in advance. Totally just kidding, not even a player post okay!)

I legitimately do not understand the off topic color remarks such as "what have you done to contribute" and pretty much blatant ad hominems on a thread that is discussing a shift in the forums.

Yes, there has been some changes. It's no denying that at all. The scrutiny and ire feels more real because the community pool is smaller.

Does this mean I agree with primal on some things? custard no, I'm not a sheep and this is a forum where you are allowed to discuss opinions, and I'm okay with him calling me garbage as long as I get to call him garbage, objectively. (this is an example, not calling anyone here garbage okay, that'd be really mean!)

BUT... of course there is a line somewhere, such as personal attacks in real life. Semantics for now, the point is primal does highlight some issues, some might be exaggerated in (my own actual opinion and that is the purpose of a forum and primal would be grateful for it since it generates discussion.) but they are issues to note.

I agree that the forums are quieter, and that is reasonable to me because I believe that once combat is out, the tune will change and we have something to observe and critique for once, actual gameplay that can be promoted to generate more people to come, there is no doubt about that. You have PROOF of something for the new people to believe in Crowfall.

I also noticed that other communities off-site are now more hesitant to back or join because of the pay to say and how people from this forum explain what's going on in these forums and it turns some of them off because of clashing policies.

Believe or not, people offsite were drawn to the forums for a little while because of the idiosyncrasies generated by different posters. It was attractive to them in that a community would be vibrant and different.

There is still that disconnect and miscommunication going on, and it's not clear on what we can say without drawing an ire or "negativity". There is an eggshell now and some of the concern is valid because of experience in other forums where you might get a culture of yes-men instead of real, legit criticism that would be constructive in improving the overall game experience.

The important issue for me is the tone of the community and as long as there is a harmony, a balance in that then it will be okay. I honestly somewhat am skeptical of the motive for pay to say, as they claim signal to noise ratio, but you already have people going "yes, fantastic, great idea, that'll stop the trolls!" yes-man style and literally people are going, "uhh what trolls?? people who disagreed with you or just didn't effortpost but were on topic regardless?" I have yet to see if this has actually improved (it hasn't.)

I do hope there is a resolution as generated by healthy debate in this thread, so let's cut out the name calling shall we guys? <3

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

That "pink pony" is named Pinkie Pie and she's supposed to be super energetic when she activates her Sugar Rush from eating too much candy.  Learn to Pony, IMO.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just an observation:

160 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

49 members, 111 guests, 0 anonymous users   (See full list)

Have NOT seen this kind of activity on the forum in days..................weeks even.

Perhaps there is some merit to the premise that discussion, even  critical discussion  brings people to the forum and they stay and read?   And perhaps decide to back the project?

Activity like we are seeing today  should be interpreted that perhaps some of Primals assertions are correct........................

Slowing the forums down  is only going to lessen exposure to the game and the potential  for backing, IMO

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Just an observation:

Have NOT seen this kind of activity on the forum in days..................weeks even.

Perhaps there is some merit to the premise that discussion, even  critical discussion  brings people to the forum and they stay and read?   And perhaps decide to back the project?

Activity like we are seeing today  should be interpreted that perhaps some of Primals assertions are correct........................

Slowing the forums down  is only going to lessen exposure to the game and the potential  for backing, IMO

Lol....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Just an observation:

or could be people still hearing about and coming to read yesterdays update.

Say that last sentence like the only reason they made changes was to purposely slow down the forums for some reason. They already stated why the changes were made the day they happened so no need to re-hash when can go read the info again. So like many have been saying its just as likely if not more likely its simply the natural progression of a pre-launch MMO forums to have ebbs and flows of activity for the reasons already stated. Doesn't mean anything is wrong or something needs to be fixed, just means some might need to learn patience and realize how pre-launch community's work for the most part.

or could be people still hearing about and coming to read yesterdays update.

This is possible.  One of the MMO fansites just tweeted yesterday's update 2 hours ago.

Whatever the reason, it shows new people are coming to the forums.  Let's keep them here, yes?

Edit - It was actually the previous update that was tweeted.  I guess this proves headlight's comment below...

Edited by teh_ninjaneer

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

And what's this about no info? Didn't you all see that in game vid on keeps!? I had to change my underwear....TWICE! Mainly because I ate old chili that gave be explosive diarrhea...but still a great vid :D

This topic is not about the amount of information give. The developer side of the house are doing what they can, and it shows. The community side, however, is out of touch with fostering this type of community to the point of thriving. Constant contradictions between what the game is and how they expect player interactions being translated to something completely different in the way forums are run. I believe this is done because the community has taken the back seat to increase the appeal to investors.

as much as im not crazy about his posts do you really think a "if you dont like it then you can get out" approach is the best thing to do

The point is, I can thinly veil myself as a pro-ACE yesman and troll, bait, and be an aggressor to other people on the forums and get away with it. If it is an opposing viewpoint, personal preferences come into play on selectively hammering people. It's the tone of the forums lately as evident by some posters in this thread.

People don't understand that charged discussion brings both activity and ideas.

some might need to learn patience and realize how pre-launch community's work for the most part.

pang, I am a member of most crowdfunded MMO communities. Please PM me a list of links to your user profiles to these pre-launch crowdfunded communities you seem to know so much about, and I'll actually take your opinion to heart. I will gladly respond to you on each message board and point out the progression of community in each game if that allows you to wash your hands of the subject.

Whatever the reason, it shows new people are coming to the forums. Let's keep them here, yes?

We wouldn't want them stumbling onto this one topic. Primal and his cronies might take their pledge away. Oh wait, they have to buy in to participate anyways, so they already got got.

ITT: Complain about not responding to OP by posting off topic and not responding to the responses to the OP.

I'm glad you're finally realizing your role in this thread.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I've seen it said a few times that other games have had much more active forums in pre-alpha. I'm curious at the type of information they were releasing at the time?

Most of the info released here lately is just "We're working on combat, getting it right.".. And then like.. keeps in progress? Until I understand more about the combat and seige systems, I don't really have a context for keeps to make them interesting to me. The most interesting game info I've seen in months was a dev response in a thread about the knight and mass, and it was just a side-comment.

Inactive forums aren't exactly a turn-on for investors, I can't see that being part of a master plan to acquire funding.

Being a pro ACE bait poster is actually a pretty good idea

zJuzwiu.gifThat would be terrible! How would we really get to understand genuine discussion if people resort to mean tricks like that ! Boo!!

Bad idea eonwe, boo! Just boo! </3 (Note that I said your idea was bad, and not that you were bad, so please don't get upset okay. I know you have good ones.)

This is the kind of toxic attitude that would be too encouraged too as well. Just boo~ </3

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

This topic is not about the amount of information give. The developer side of the house are doing what they can, and it shows. The community side, however, is out of touch with fostering this type of community to the point of thriving. Constant contradictions between what the game is and how they expect player interactions being translated to something completely different in the way forums are run. I believe this is done because the community has taken the back seat to increase the appeal to investors.

The game is exactly that; a game.  The forums are for discussing said game.  Maybe player interactions are expected to take place within the game.

It's cool if you had fond memories of berating and bemoaning people having political discussions :lol: on the forums of previous PvP games.  Apparently that isn't the case for this game.  At least not at this point.

I don't see how being unable to kick someone's sandcastle before the sandcastle is even built is keeping the community from thriving.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.