Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

I'm trying to care about this, but I can't. I know it matters, I just don't know if it needs such in depth criticism...

But hey, I guess different ppl have different causes, I do wish they had a lil more public access, but hey.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I'm trying to care about this, but I can't. I know it matters, I just don't know if it needs such in depth criticism...

But hey, I guess different ppl have different causes, I do wish they had a lil more public access, but hey.

do what I do

just dont care about anything on message boards and just post

gtlLXYT.png

Inactive forums aren't exactly a turn-on for investors, I can't see that being part of a master plan to acquire funding.

I think it was the unfortunate byproduct of trying to turn the community more palatable for investors. I agree with your point, and doubt it was expected.

I don't see how being unable to kick someone's sandcastle before the sandcastle is even built is keeping the community from thriving.

I think you're misinterpreting this thread, or have fallen victim to some of the off topic. Please reread the OP.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Yep, kind of feel the same. My care only goes as far as whats best for the game. No custards get given for how some want to play little games and politic. Right now its about and should be about making the game better. When the game is complete and launched then maybe will care about forum games.

A lot of people are just tired of half of the posts being from the same 10 people writing blogs about how the other 9 are wrong about whatever abstract topic.

The hype train won't start up again until there is something for the public to participate in such as open alpha or beta.

Yep, kind of feel the same. My care only goes as far as whats best for the game. No custards get given for how some want to play little games and politic. Right now its about and should be about making the game better. When the game is complete and launched then maybe will care about forum games.

Did you ever send me that PM of your profiles for other communities? Because I feel like you talk out your ass half the time and can't back it up. I enjoy your thinly veiled white knight attacks though. Every time you rage out on your keyboard over it, I just keep wanting to post more.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

do what I do

just dont care about anything on message boards and just post

These PvP forums are supposed to be super serious business though!

Did you ever send me that PM of your profiles for other communities? Because I feel like you talk out your bottom half the time and can't back it up. I enjoy your thinly veiled white knight attacks though. Every time you rage out on your keyboard over it, I just keep wanting to post more.

I find this kind of behavior a bit counter-productive.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

A lot of people are just tired of half of the posts being from the same 10 people writing blogs about how the other 9 are wrong about whatever abstract topic.

Who's the same 10? Because there's 30 tr0lls in the Slack Corral and 20 of them would feel left out. 21 of them. Because VN has been making the most posts for the last week. Might want to checkyomath

Edited by headlight

Who's the same 10? Because there's 30 tr0lls in the Slack Corral and 20 of them would feel left out. 21 of them. Because VN has been making the most posts for the last week. Might want to checkyomath

Don't worry, you make the cut. Most days when I log into the website and I see your avatar filling up most of the news feed I just close the tab.

Don't worry, you make the cut. Most days when I log into the website and I see your avatar filling up most of the news feed I just close the tab.

Of course I made the cut. HAVE YOU SEEN THAT POST COUNT? Bruh, it's huge. And I appreciate the feedback. Thank god they went backer only right? Keeps the riff-raff out. But I can't hog all the credit. VN makes me avoid the forums too. But you should read more of my posts. I'm actually helpful. True story.

And good to know you read the forums the other 6 days I was in Slack.

Edited by headlight

I appreciate you constructively adding constructive feedback to this forum, by unironically staying on topic to constructively criticize trolls for not being constructive.

Just to provide some counterpoints to both sides, because I hate watching everyone insist everything they say is true:

We don't know why more people are online.  We don't even know who those people are.

We don't know why the forums are less active.

We don't know why people aren't coming to the forums.

We don't know much of anything.

And guess what: most of the assumptions people are making, are just that: assumptions.

Fun fact to everyone: we're all probably at least a little bit wrong.  The answer almost always lies somewhere in the middle.

Are there people who are being turned off by the paywall?  Probably.  Are there people that are happy it's there?  Probably.  Are there people that don't give a poorly made socks?  Almost definitely.

Are there people who are turned off by the moderation, and driven away because they want their words uncensored?  Probably.  Are there other people who are turned off by the community members who intimidate them?  Probably.

There's two sides to each coin, and if we really want a solution, we should stop insisting that one viewpoint is the absolute one.  You may think you're a genius and your interpretation is absolutely correct, but you're probably actually wrong.

Also, anecdotal evidence isn't really useful.  If you've heard of this thing called confirmation bias, you'll know that most of our bros probably agree with us, and we probably can't think of many intelligent people that disagree with us.  Just because 100 people agree with you, doesn't mean you're the in the right.

Where am I going with this?  Basically, the right answer is probably somewhere in the middle.  The forums probably need to be more wild-west than other kind of games, because Primal is right, in a game like this, the forum community is emulated in game.

But also, the hardcore folks probably also need to realize that there might be a fine line between abrasive competitiveness, and just being a plain old hooligan.  Should you be able to crush?  Definitely.  Should you have free reign to rub it in their face?  Certainly.  Should you be able to call them a worthless cocksucker?  Maybe not...we don't know exactly where that fine line will fall, but the hardcore crowd do need to realize it can't be exactly the way it was before.

I could go on and on about how mostly what I see here is a lot of people who are at least partly right, but are insisting that views are incompatible.  My suggestion: think like your enemy.

As Ender Wiggin taught us, the only way to defeat your enemy is to know them so well that you can't help but love them.  So if there's someone on the forums whose opinion you really can't stand, you might want to try figuring out why they think the way they do.  (Then you can subvert every argument they make so deftly that they just give up...)

Back at the topic at hand, tr0II wannabe.

The proof is in the statistics. This game is not pulling as many views in days previous like: forum launch, pre-kickstarter, kickstarter, prepay wall barrier, etc.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

I appreciate you constructively adding constructive feedback to this forum, by unironically staying on topic to constructively criticize trolls for not being constructive.

No problem.

BTW does your blog have an RSS feed link?

The proof is in the statistics. This game is not pulling as many views in days previous like: forum launch, pre-kickstarter, kickstarter, prepay wall barrier, etc.

No one is really denying activity has dropped. We just disagree on the reasons why. Myself and others think its just the natural progression of a pre-launch MMO that happens on pretty much every pre-launch MMO site. You have ebbs and flows depending on several factors including, amount of info, time between milestone, time until launch etc.

Yet some others believe its some conspiracy to keep us down and change the core concept of the game. They are free to think that but doesn't mean we have to agree about it.

Edited by pang

No problem.

BTW does your blog have an RSS feed link?

http://community.crowfall.com/

Under news feed.

zing