Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

No one is really denying activity has dropped. We just disagree on the reasons why. Myself and others think its just the natural progression of a pre-launch MMO that happens on pretty much every pre-launch MMO site. You have ebbs and flows depending on several factors including, amount of info, time between milestone, time until launch etc. Yet some others believe its some conspiracy to keep us down and change the core concept of the game.

I don't think there's any conspiracy, but I do believe that some of the actions taken (not completely agreeing with the OP) have had a negative affect on the community, which as a crowdfunded game could potentially dwarf it's growth in funding over the summer.

I don't think there's any conspiracy, but I do believe that some of the actions taken (not completely agreeing with the OP) have had a negative affect on the community, which as a crowdfunded game could potentially dwarf it's growth in funding over the summer.

Once the Alphas start I feel it'll pick up again. With no NDA we'll likely see game footage we've never seen before and that alone should provide Months of discussion at least until the next milestone.

Once the Alphas start I feel it'll pick up again. With no NDA we'll likely see game footage we've never seen before and that alone should provide Months of discussion at least until the next milestone.

The thread you didn't understand, yeah... we were in agreement on this point.  :ph34r:

zJuzwiu.gif Potentially yea, if the community is gated. I stated in my first post in this thread, (which I apologize for being too long sorry guys~) that there are outside communities looking and there is word of mouth being spread. You might not see it because you are not part of these compartmentalized, pocket communities who are passing up on backing based on the policies.  They are waiting for combat as well, so that is fair of them and it is their business to decide whether they'd want to or not.

It's just that maybe there could be a solution to the whole pay-to-say thing that could keep the community connected to other communities and generate discourse, persuasion and goodwill and trust maybe?

That is one of the things this thread is trying to address aside from some of the off-topic and accusatory tones :c </3

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

The thread you didn't understand, yeah... we were in agreement on this point.  :ph34r:

I wasn't posting to disagree... I was posting to say hey yeah I agree and plus I also think this or to reiterate here's what I think. I know it might be hard to tell but no I don't disagree with everyone I reply to.

So we agree that we agree, agreed? :P

RECAP:

• People(adults) are eager and excited to finally play a game that caters to their mature hardcore gamer mentality. For example killing someone whilst grieving them and then taking EXTREME joy in their tears (in game, forum, email, text, fax, or otherwise)!
  • Said people have had games pulled out from under them before that have promised to be a "hardcore" experience and went vanilla despite.
  • These people may be very intelligent and may notice ANY small indication that a developer is slipping into the mainstream. As a disclaimer these people alternately may be paranoid and/or delusional and imagining things.
  • Some of these people are articulate enough to voice their concerns and actually give a poorly made socks about the project vision.
  • This angers the "White Knight's" in the community and they (foolishly?) keep spamming the same cut/paste answers to the concerns. Rejecting any non-conforming ideas as trolling or being a whine butt. 
  • Post count/Backer rate/PPL Online/HYPE all go down. Dudes people were coming to the site JUST to see what would be said next. THOSE ARE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE. The people that stop and watch the clean up after a car accident!

Did I miss any?

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Tried, but people keep being wrong on the internet.

That's why you were told to go enjoy your weekend...

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

It was to be expected that not only would there be a drop off after the KS, but that the forum would get reigned in. While CF isn't for everyone, with the success they have had, ACE still wants to find as many customers as they can, so they are going to control any free for all activity on the forums. With such a lull, the forums could have quickly escalated into a cesspool as people got bored.

I'm not sure that the change to the forum and the activity on the forum, nor the people active on the forum has much to do with this game changing. (not sure that is what is being implied). I wonder if there just isn't much to be active in right now other than witty banter, socializing and getting to know the community at large. Until we get closer to Alpha, then beta then launch, there will be ebb and flow and change on these forums often. 

Edited by Kell

RECAP:

• People(adults) are eager and excited to finally play a game that caters to their mature hardcore gamer mentality. For example killing someone whilst grieving them and then taking EXTREME joy in their tears (in game, forum, email, text, fax, or otherwise)!

Taking joy extreme joy in the tears of others is not a mark of maturity, it is a mark of a type of sexual deviancy called sadism.   Rather than living in a basement trolling game forums may I suggest investigating your local BDSM dungeon. 

I believe that investors prefer to see forums active to validate that the game they invest in has a large player base and large audience, rather than a forum with only harmonious discussions. Investors may not necessarily read a lot of the messages posted anyway. So the concerns about censored forums to appeal investors may not be founded imo.

Ding ding ding.  And wonderful to see you back courant101, missed ya!

Still reading the entire thread before doing a comprehensive post.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Taking joy extreme joy in the tears of others is not a mark of maturity, it is a mark of a type of sexual deviancy called sadism.   Rather than living in a basement posting game forums may I suggest investigating your local BDSM dungeon. 

Call it what you want. I don't judge. "It's not for everyone".

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Ding ding ding.  And wonderful to see you back courant101, missed ya!

Still reading the entire thread before doing a comprehensive post.

Good luck reading it all. o.o