Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

Taking joy extreme joy in the tears of others is not a mark of maturity, it is a mark of a type of sexual deviancy called sadism.   Rather than living in a basement posting game forums may I suggest investigating your local BDSM dungeon. 

this entire post sounds hot

gtlLXYT.png

Ding ding ding.  And wonderful to see you back courant101, missed ya!

Still reading the entire thread before doing a comprehensive post.

Good luck with that. Took me all day to get enough time to read this thread. And I literally have no words. I laughed a few times and I cursed a few times. There are some good points and some absolutely absurd statements.

I am going back to Slack. We even have Doc and Courant hangin out now!

Taking joy extreme joy in the tears of others is not a mark of maturity, it is a mark of a type of sexual deviancy called sadism.   Rather than living in a basement posting game forums may I suggest investigating your local BDSM dungeon. 

Well that escalated quickly.

Well that escalated quickly.

Not so quickly.   Take a look at the Wiki page on the subject.  See any of these types in this thread? And notice the types Tyranical and Enforcer (Warden).

You think this is coincidence?

but where am i

Possibly conduct disorder.

Edited by kroked

Ok, this is from MY personal viewpoint.

I am a really nice guy.  My grandkids love me.  My wife loves me.  Friends and neighbors tolerate me.  On forums I try to be witty, informative and bring a measure of wisdom to the discussion.

I have not been very active posting on this forum(see post count) for a few reasons.  1)  our adorable first mod deleted some of my threads. (because his reading comprehension sucked)  2) the gonzo incident.  3) some of the Ace actions in re forum posting since then.

If a line goes from point A to point B, it is clear where point C  is going to be.

I hold high expectations for this game, so I dont want to do or post anything that may prevent me from playing. Hence, few posts and those posts are carefully worded to not land me in hot water.

Not exactly the foundation for having a good time.  And I read and contribute on forums to have a good time.

Do I want to attack people on forums? No.  Do I want to be toxic? No.  But the atmosphere around here is such that I fear being accused of those actions when that is not my intent.    

So yes, some of us need to lighten up......but so should ACE.

I'm just not sure the non-sbers know how GOOD the game can be with our hard headed, stubborn, grieving butts helping to drive the vision. I hope some SB'ers will back me up but the combat in Shadowbane, the 1st time I really got in DEEP, was so exhilarating my heart was pounding out of my chest! And to some extent it was always that exciting not just the 1st time. To capture that "!" again would be pure magic. Anything less is a disappointment.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Good luck with that. Took me all day to get enough time to read this thread. And I literally have no words. I laughed a few times and I cursed a few times. There are some good points and some absolutely absurd statements.

I am going back to Slack. We even have Doc and Courant hangin out now!

Gonzo is back?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

RECAP:

• People(adults) are eager and excited to finally play a game that caters to their mature hardcore gamer mentality. For example killing someone whilst grieving them and then taking EXTREME joy in their tears (in game, forum, email, text, fax, or otherwise)!
  • Said people have had games pulled out from under them before that have promised to be a "hardcore" experience and went vanilla despite.
  • These people may be very intelligent and may notice ANY small indication that a developer is slipping into the mainstream. As a disclaimer these people alternately may be paranoid and/or delusional and imagining things.
  • Some of these people are articulate enough to voice their concerns and actually give a poorly made socks about the project vision.
  • This angers the "White Knight's" in the community and they (foolishly?) keep spamming the same cut/paste answers to the concerns. Rejecting any non-conforming ideas as posting or being a whine butt. 
  • Post count/Backer rate/PPL Online/HYPE all go down. Dudes people were coming to the site JUST to see what would be said next. THOSE ARE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE. The people that stop and watch the clean up after a car accident!
Did I miss any?

That's a pretty good summary so far. I think people here believe we're anti ACE or CF, when all we want is the game to succeed. I would obv be 'troIIing' another forum if I thought otherwise.

Ding ding ding.  And wonderful to see you back courant101, missed ya!

Still reading the entire thread before doing a comprehensive post.

Looking forward to your response GW.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Culture wars.  Playing out in real time in front of us.  In-game these will make for some delicious conflict.

There are a million places on the internet to be asshat (that's a Todd word) or get your ya-ya's out.  Right now our forums are for helping us make a better game, and potentially a place for you to find allies and enemies.  But backers don't get to run completely wild in that process.

We'll get the new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually we'll even have places the veterans can call their own where no ArtCraft moderation exists (but those will be invite-only, not for every passer-by).  After all, you are backers and we want to serve you.  To a point that is.

We expect it to be quiet until we give you more real (game) meat to chew on.  We know you are carnivores.  Try not to eat each other in front of us in the meantime.

P.S. Investors don't give poorly made socks about the forums, or even the traffic on them.  They only care about market potential which they mostly measure in dollars and heads that gave dollars.  The investors that encouraged us to do an offering now are Crowfall backers after all!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

In game these will make for some delicious conflict.

We can hope so.  The sad trend I have noticed in the last several years is a distinct lack of conflict and instead co-operative cross-faction collusion.  For example in Elder Scrolls people just trade castles back and forth rather than fight for them.  In WoW the new Ashran raid has people just running past each other en-masse  to get to the next PvE reward.  In SWtOR Illum  the players  (all of them!) joined up and took turns killing each other and point trading to get achievements and loots.  In guild wars people wait for castles to be abandoned and then do some PvDoor lameness.

Peace! It must be stopped!

Edited by kroked

Culture wars.  Playing out in real time in front of us.  In-game these will make for some delicious conflict.

There are a million places on the internet to be asshat (that's a Todd word) or get your ya-ya's out.  Right now our forums are for helping us make a better game, and potentially a place for you to find allies and enemies.  But backers don't get to run completely wild in that process.

We'll get the new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually we'll even have places the veterans can call their own where no ArtCraft moderation exists (but those will be invite-only, not for every passer-by).  After all, you are backers and we want to serve you.  To a point that is.

We expect it to be quiet until we give you more real (game) meat to chew on.  We know you are carnivores.  Try not to eat each other in front of us in the meantime.

P.S. Investors don't give poorly made socks about the forums, or even the traffic on them.  They only care about market potential which they mostly measure in dollars and heads that gave dollars.  The investors that encouraged us to do an offering now are Crowfall backers after all!

Okay, I'm all on board. You said the right things and I'll stop being a poorly made sockslord until you get the invite only forums done.

gtlLXYT.png

you better invite me!

y9tj8G5.png