Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

Culture wars.  Playing out in real time in front of us.  In-game these will make for some delicious conflict.

There are a million places on the internet to be asshat (that's a Todd word) or get your ya-ya's out.  Right now our forums are for helping us make a better game, and potentially a place for you to find allies and enemies.  But backers don't get to run completely wild in that process.

We'll get the new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually we'll even have places the veterans can call their own where no ArtCraft moderation exists (but those will be invite-only, not for every passer-by).  After all, you are backers and we want to serve you.  To a point that is.

We expect it to be quiet until we give you more real (game) meat to chew on.  We know you are carnivores.  Try not to eat each other in front of us in the meantime.

P.S. Investors don't give poorly made socks about the forums, or even the traffic on them.  They only care about market potential which they mostly measure in dollars and heads that gave dollars.  The investors that encouraged us to do an offering now are Crowfall backers after all!

Very well put and lines up with a lot of peoples thoughts as well.

Maybe, hopefully your words will carry more weight with those that have a more extreme or stark view of things.

Edited by pang

Culture wars.  Playing out in real time in front of us.  In-game these will make for some delicious conflict.

There are a million places on the internet to be asshat (that's a Todd word) or get your ya-ya's out.  Right now our forums are for helping us make a better game, and potentially a place for you to find allies and enemies.  But backers don't get to run completely wild in that process.

We'll get the new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually we'll even have places the veterans can call their own where no ArtCraft moderation exists (but those will be invite-only, not for every passer-by).  After all, you are backers and we want to serve you.  To a point that is.

We expect it to be quiet until we give you more real (game) meat to chew on.  We know you are carnivores.  Try not to eat each other in front of us in the meantime.

P.S. Investors don't give poorly made socks about the forums, or even the traffic on them.  They only care about market potential which they mostly measure in dollars and heads that gave dollars.  The investors that encouraged us to do an offering now are Crowfall backers after all!

This was actually a good post.

I'm not going to rehash my points since I'm sure your eyes glazed over reading through this topic. My main point being if this wasn't done to garner investors, I think you guys need to refocus on your community....we have a huge disconnect here, and it's sad we're having to foster discussion off site and fragment the community. I know you and JTodd understand us better than anyone on the market, and that's why were here. I just think things need to be reevaluated. This isn't a "old school HC players vs ACE and the rest of the community" thread, it's a plea for change.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

This is really all we want.  Because while there are a million places to be an asshat, there's only one centralized funnel to throw it out for people who want to play or think about this game.  Also we now have the quote which will be used relentlessly if we don't get it, so double bonus :).  Don't get me wrong, I like and respect MMO producers and developers with vision, I just don't trust any of you.

Er, what's "edging"?

I'm not going to rehash my points since I'm sure your eyes glazed over reading through this topic. My main point being if this wasn't done to garner investors, I think you guys need to refocus on your community....we have a huge disconnect here, and it's sad we're having to foster discussion off site and fragment the community. I know you and JTodd understand us better than anyone on the market, and that's why were here. I just think things need to be reevaluated. This isn't a "old school HC players vs ACE and the rest of the community" thread, it's a plea for change.

Maybe the change needs to start with you (collective you), not ACE.

Discussion is great.  But maybe your methods or style of discussion is what needs to be reevaluated.

This is me, trying to contribute.   :)

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Discussion is great.  But maybe your methods or style of discussion is what needs to be reevaluated.

Sorry bro, I'm a little old school. I don't come from the WoW arena or PvX Crowd. I will accept your "you people" collective stereotype though, and wear it like a badge of honor. There's a lot of people here or used to be here that understand our crowd, and we were the first called to this site so I'm pretty confident GW and Jtodd understand us too. I'm not going to give you a whole explanation, when there's an entire subforum for it. I'll see ya in the Dregs.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

No

gtlLXYT.png

If ACE overly censors their forums then the people censored will just go post their thoughts somewhere else. Personally, I believe you have the right to be an unpleasant person-canoe if you want to be.  Just dont expect people to like you.  And the world can be a very lonely place all by yourself.  Especially if those people are carrying ordnance and looking for someone to point it at.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

Sorry bro, I'm a little old school. I don't come from the WoW arena or PvX Crowd. I will accept your "you people" collective stereotype though, and wear it like a badge of honor. There's a lot of people here or used to be here that understand our crowd, and we were the first called to this site so I'm pretty confident GW and Jtodd understand us too. I'm not going to give you a whole explanation, when there's an entire subforum for it. I'll see ya in the Dregs.

Thanks, bro.  I'm old school like you.  I'll send that badge snail mail to ya.   :lol: 

I understand your crowd.  I missed the calling because I left that school a while back.  I aged and outgrew it.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

If ACE overly censors their forums then the people censored will just go post their thoughts somewhere else. Personally, I believe you have the right to be an unpleasant person-canoe if you want to be.  Just dont expect people to like you.  And the world can be a very lonely place all by yourself.  Especially if those people are carrying ordnance and looking for someone to point it at.

I feel like this perfectly applies to VIKINGNAIL/Sheen. Wew~

also am looking forward to updates to the forums eventually GW, your response is reassuring in a lot of ways. Still don't agree with Pay-to-say but that's just me and I can live with it, really. It's just nice to have an actual response than have people try to speak for your behalf to try and exclude a certain party whereas that is not the case.

I just hope those updates to the forum include animated gif avatars, better size resolutions and signature size~ gotta keyboard warrior in style thanks in advance <3

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Thanks, bro.  I'm old school like you.  I'll send that badge snail mail to ya.   :lol: 

I understand your crowd.  I missed the calling because I left that school a while back.  I aged and outgrew it.

RIP

lol

gtlLXYT.png

You will never understand his crowd point blank because you never have been/will be part of it. Your a sheep waiting for slaughter.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

You will never understand his crowd point blank because you never have been/will be part of it. Your a sheep waiting for slaughter.

That's okay though! We need meat for the grinder.

Every day I wake up and strive to be as cool as you.  Then I realize that I just don't care.   :D

I really do like you.  Can we be friends?

Can we put them all in one of those sausage maker things and roll them out into little sausages?  Maybe cut them up short, put them in some beans.  Cook them over the campfires in our EK's, and enjoy some beenie weenies?

[@--(o.O)@]

Not every company has to agree to a free forum for people to sperg out in. If they set limits they've set'm as is their call.

I'm sure you can argue the fairness of how strict an action is, but ultimately they get to be as uncool as they feel is best.

Not every company has to agree to a free forum for people to sperg out in. If they set limits they've set'm as is their call.

I'm sure you can argue the fairness of how strict an action is, but ultimately they get to be as uncool as they feel is best.

What's that a response to? The OP?