Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

Well I don't think an unmoderated forum would ever be necessary but if ACE intends to open one up somewhere down the line it will be interesting at the very least to watch the pseudo-hardcores get consumed when the real hardcore players start showing up as game gets closer to release. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Well I don't think an unmoderated forum would ever be necessary but if ACE intends to open one up somewhere down the line it will be interesting at the very least to watch the pseudo-hardcores get consumed when the real hardcore players start showing up as game gets closer to release. 

Think GW said unmoderated by "invite only".   Perhaps the "realz" ones as you keep referring to won't garner an invite.  Then it will all be in vain, huh?  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Yep

Good effort /goldstar

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Think GW said unmoderated by "invite only".   Perhaps the "realz" ones as you keep referring to won't garner an invite.  Then it will all be in vain, huh?  

What would be the point of an unmoderated forum if they didn't invite the best players? 

Edit:  But on that note I am curious what kinda criteria GW has in mind for invites if he has even thought about any of that yet... perhaps he meant opt-in. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

What would be the point of an unmoderated forum if they didn't invite the best players?

lol. MF, we know your SB track record. You're garbage. Get real.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Edit:  But on that note I am curious what kinda criteria GW has in mind for invites if he has even thought about any of that yet... perhaps he meant opt-in. 

Hmmmmmm.   Appears to me that GW said:

"We'll get the new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually we'll even have places the veterans can call their own where no ArtCraft moderation exists (but those will be invite-only, not for every passer-by).  After all, you are backers and we want to serve you.  To a point that is."

Not seeing where he said "after launch"  refer to "near future"  ( no game yet! no where to prove "best").   I dunno, VN, maybe what they have planned and what you are wanting are 2 different things.  We'll see..........

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

"We'll get the new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually we'll even have places the veterans can call their own where no ArtCraft moderation exists (but those will be invite-only, not for every passer-by).  After all, you are backers and we want to serve you.  To a point that is."

Not seeing where he said "after launch"  refer to "near future"  ( no game yet! no where to prove "best").   I dunno, VN, maybe what they have planned and what you are wanting are 2 different things.  We'll see..........

If we break that language down for what it actually means, they say they will get new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually (that generally denotes a period after the period they just talked about) they'll have places for veterans to call their own. 

Also nowhere did I insinuate that he meant after launch... and i've already cleared up your near future mistake...

And don't worry people can prove they are the best in a game at any given moment before it has launched...

Edit:  I think it would be better if people read what GW said very carefully as not to misunderstand what it means. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Don't worry man you'll get to try and prove that eventually...

1393649553515489.jpg

I look forward to it, brotherrrrrr.

If we break that language down for what it actually means, they say they will get new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually (that generally denotes a period after the period they just talked about) they'll have places for veterans to call their own. 

Also nowhere did I insinuate that he meant after launch... and i've already cleared up your near future mistake...

And don't worry people can prove they are the best in a game at any given moment before it has launched...

Edit:  I think it would be better if people read what GW said very carefully as not to misunderstand what it means. 

I believe VN in this because he's never misinterpreted what Todd or GW have said in the past.  Please, give it up you non-hardcore types and wait for launch

No mistake , I am following it thanks :)      But, I as you, am wondering about the criteria.  Perhaps "veterans"  is just exactly what he meant :)    Still no "best" can I see inferred.    I think perhaps you nit pick the verbage to "twist" it to fit what you want it to mean.   You nor I nor anyone here is in His Holinesses head so all we have is our own interpretation.   Again....wait and see mode.  

Do two-bit carebears count as veterans?   :D

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Do two-bit carebears count as veterans?   :D

MIGHT possibly be so.  Even if it was not to VN's liking.   

No mistake , I am following it thanks :)      But, I as you, am wondering about the criteria.  Perhaps "veterans"  is just exactly what he meant :)    Still no "best" can I see inferred.    I think perhaps you nit pick the verbage to "twist" it to fit what you want it to mean.   You nor I nor anyone here is in His Holinesses head so all we have is our own interpretation.   Again....wait and see mode.  

Well there's no point going in circles but the near future and eventually part were misinterpreted by you, all I can do is suggest you read it more carefully next time. 

I believe VN in this because he's never misinterpreted what Todd or GW have said in the past.  Please, give it up you non-hardcore types and wait for launch

Ofc you would never misinterpret if you don't really have a spine to actually agree to something so you throw up vague statements that are arguably semantics and just take a contrarian stance for the sake of an argument. Once GW chimed in, he changed his tune to being obsessed about hardcore vs pseudohardcore. It's like clockwork, pretty funny and predictable tbh. It's pretty great what several fake baits get you information wise if you think outside the box.

As soon as GW said something about a possible forum without moderation to ref the rivalries, I just knew instantly VN/Sheen/MF would chime in about something something pseudohardcores.

Well time to watch him obsess about that now. emot-allears.gif

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Culture wars.  Playing out in real time in front of us.  In-game these will make for some delicious conflict.

There are a million places on the internet to be asshat (that's a Todd word) or get your ya-ya's out.  Right now our forums are for helping us make a better game, and potentially a place for you to find allies and enemies.  But backers don't get to run completely wild in that process.

We'll get the new user forums working better in the near future, and eventually we'll even have places the veterans can call their own where no ArtCraft moderation exists (but those will be invite-only, not for every passer-by).  After all, you are backers and we want to serve you.  To a point that is.

We expect it to be quiet until we give you more real (game) meat to chew on.  We know you are carnivores.  Try not to eat each other in front of us in the meantime.

P.S. Investors don't give poorly made socks about the forums, or even the traffic on them.  They only care about market potential which they mostly measure in dollars and heads that gave dollars.  The investors that encouraged us to do an offering now are Crowfall backers after all!

Mission complete. I can now rest easy. Also, I'll be so disgruntled if I don't get an invite.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

im not reading all 15 pages of VN's dribble but i did read the op.

"I remember debating this earlier, and someone said that one of the reasons being because major guild leaders aren’t on the forums. My answer to that is, how can I be a GL and tell my guild to jump in and get into the information and involve themselves in the community, when at the same time I have to explain they have to pay GW a door fee just to participate and see if they like the game or not."

on that point - agreed

"Will this game change because of the shift in community? Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. But I think that if you realize your community now consists of mostly softcores, because the hardcores consider the forums a turn off, you then cater to the only customers you have left."

so long as people still want to be toxic about dividing themselves over who is the least casual, community wont exist.  it takes all types to form a good mmo. this is why i mock stupid opinions like this one and other exclusionary crap that drives off players.

now if you want to discuss them throwing down the hammer just because people whitenoise up terrible baseless speculation posting, im with you.

j6CmSi3.png