Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

Well we'll just have to wait and see if this "veteran" forum has a timely introduction. 

It can't come soon enough imo.

This may give some free space to a few people on the forums here, but trying to divide people up into different groups sounds like over engineering a solution to a problem it created.

This is really all we want.  Because while there are a million places to be an asshat, there's only one centralized funnel to throw it out for people who want to play or think about this game.  Also we now have the quote which will be used relentlessly if we don't get it, so double bonus :).  Don't get me wrong, I like and respect MMO producers and developers with vision, I just don't trust any of you.

"And I'll show how much I dont trust you by pledging ruby!" - huckleburied

Oh that reminds me...I need to upgrade too.

This may give some free space to a few people on the forums here, but trying to divide people up into different groups sounds like over engineering a solution to a problem it created.

Other forums just call them "flame war rooms" to let people go wild. Dont worry valor people that have a deep seeded "need" to respond to every post to remind people that they are relevant and import will still post in other sub forums. No one is going anywhere  :D

At least at a minimum they hear us and understand our predicament while they work for a solution. If it's how it's explained it will be a "graduated" forum and like huck said we have a quote regarding it so I no longer believe this thread is relevant.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

Sorry lads, but for me it's just plain boring and tiring to watch discussions about hardcore /softcore /conspiracy /forumwars /moderation /whatever else floats your boat. Too many ego clashes for it to be of any real value other than to people's own peens and 'honor'.

I'm really up for any constructive threads about game related news though - which is what i thought forums are for, building a game together. For those that value forums over game though, i advise ACE to just give you an extra section of forums called SOCKTALK and you can all duke it out over there and release full uncensored drama if that will help you wait for the game release easier. 

I'm also sad to see that people seem to think 'Hardcore' and 'Egoic showboating' have to go hand in hand. I disagree. But people are people.. I guess.

Carry on now.
hardcore-nintendo-gamer.jpg

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

Sorry lads, but for me it's just plain boring and tiring to watch discussions about hardcore /softcore /conspiracy /forumwars /moderation /whatever else floats your boat. Too many ego clashes for it to be of any real value other than to people's own peens and 'honor'.

I'm really up for any constructive threads about game related news though - which is what i thought forums are for, building a game together. For those that value forums over game though, i advise ACE to just give you an extra section of forums called SOCKTALK and you can all duke it out over there and release full uncensored drama if that will help you wait for the game release easier. 

I'm also sad to see that people seem to think 'Hardcore' and 'Egoic showboating' have to go hand in hand. I disagree. But people are people.. I guess.

Carry on now.hardcore-nintendo-gamer.jpg

Whoa, posting vikingnail's picture without his permission is super rude. :(

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

So before when everyone was telling us hardcore gamers to go to a different website to forum bane THAT wasn't splitting the community at all though right?

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

So before when everyone was telling us hardcore gamers to go to a different website to forum bane THAT wasn't splitting the community at all though right?

Yall aren't hardcore though, yall just like thinking yall are...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

One doesn't become hardcore; hardcore becomes you.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Pseudo-hardcore. All of you, psuedo-hardcore.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

...The proof is in the statistics. This game is not pulling as many views in days previous like: forum launch, pre-kickstarter, kickstarter, prepay wall barrier, etc.

If you look at statistics, you have to include statistics for similar crowdfunded games and their forum activity through the various stages and also account for the context of the discussions.  Most backers will put their $ down during KS, and periodically after in the shop, while totally ignoring the forums until development is closer to a playable beta.  They'll lurk through the forums every now and then, especially around dev updates.

If you look around, there's only a very small % of the community that has ever been active on the forums and a % of that seem to be impatient and reading too much into the drop of activity.  During the past few weeks, students have had finals and are currently busy with graduations and end-of-school.  Others may be back to a more healthy work and RL schedule.  Others have already started with their vacations.

Even existing MMOs have a slump in their guilds around this time, but they don't typically run around the forums claiming the sky is falling.  They understand these trends.

... that there are outside communities looking and there is word of mouth being spread. You might not see it because you are not part of these compartmentalized, pocket communities who are passing up on backing based on the policies.  They are waiting for combat as well, so that is fair of them and it is their business to decide whether they'd want to or not.

It's just that maybe there could be a solution to the whole pay-to-say thing that could keep the community connected to other communities and generate discourse, persuasion and goodwill and trust maybe?

That is one of the things this thread is trying to address aside from some of the off-topic and accusatory tones :c </3

Multi-game communities are watching this game's progress, otherwise are enjoying existing playable games.  They don't waste a lot of time with pre-release MMO troll threads.  For example, my community is currently fully engaged with Black Desert and Star Citizen, while only a few of us are in these forums and deliver updates to our community Slack and periodic community meetings.

Involvement will increase once CF enters Beta and majority of the early backers start flooding into the playable game.

...I am going back to Slack. We even have Doc and Courant hangin out now!

I'd join too, but I barely have enough time to follow just a few topics in these forums.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Community's already split. Whether people go elsewhere or to their own little private section, the result should be the same. making a better environment to help make the game better.

Problem with the CF community is that it's a great big melting pot. We've always been divided since day 1 and it's almost the 6 month anniversary for the CF board.

I thought I was coming to an adult forum. I guess I was wrong.

Edit: Actually the CF board is 6 months old today. Happy anniversary!

Edited by ozzie mozzie

288mqgz.png

We already have an answer, why is this discussion still open? Psuedo-hardcore guys, all of you.

Lock this Psuedo hardcore thread

Even existing MMOs have a slump in their guilds around this time, but they don't typically run around the forums claiming the sky is falling.  They understand these trends.

I heard Wowcraft recently lost a few million subs.  I'm sure this signals the end of civilization.  ACE should give up now.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Problem with the CF community is that it's a great big melting pot. We've always been divided since day 1 and it's almost the 6 month anniversary for the CF board.

I thought I was coming to an adult forum. I guess I was wrong.

Edit: Actually the CF board is 6 months old today. Happy anniversary!

They don't want the SB-esque or w101-esque crowds to mix. http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/208-shadowbane-and-wizard101-odd-bedfellows/

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I always found that statement strange.    If not mixed then what purpose?  I get the "form the Crowfall community."   Create its own identity.  But no one can ever erase where they come from, and shouldn't.   Perhaps the campaign worlds and the Eternal Kingdoms were developed to keep the 2 crowds apart.  Those that "cross over" into both worlds  will be the REAL Crows.     Hybrids lol

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"