Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primal

RIP The Crowdfunder

Howdy Tyrant,

Will the new "places the veterans can call their own" be opt-in forums?

Do you plan to provide blog space in the future? If you do plan for blog spaces, will users have the ability to white list and/or block others from viewing/replying. Hint: Some of us really need a secure place to write about Crowfall much more in-depth than the current forum environment provides. While a personal page on FB or Wordpress, etc is a possible solution, I would hesitate to link anything I wrote from my personal pages just as a general security concern. 

I think it would be cool of you'd structure the forums to reflect the rule-sets in the world rings. People can practice those rule sets to find one that fits their style best, so that they aren't confronted with massive cognitive dissonance when they attempt to post to the forums.  

BTW, vegetarian here. Not all Crows prefer raw meat.

Oh, and Todd stole "asshat" from me, I'm certain of it. What an asshat!

c04a40e915d6.gif

What you are asking for is not a forum, but in fact a player portal.  I'm sure if you looked at it from a business standpoint, ACE is responsible for managing/moderating any content publicly displayed on their site here.  Can you imagine the moderation team required to ensure that players aren't writing jihadist propaganda? 

Lastly, please provide some example of how you structure forums to reflect the campaign rulesets?

(Lastly lastly, yes... all crows eat meat which makes me wonder what you are?)

Truth be told I think it all was to fuel that "hype train"  pre kickstarter.   Both communities were a "commodity" of sorts to build on.   CF was not created for either side.   Even though it was made to appear that it was.    At times.    We will see what it ends  up to be.  

I can see it that way as well. Might have also had the intention to foster peace but yeah also just as likely was to basically say hey stick around for a minute and look at our game and hopefully back us with your $ before you leave.

As someone who played neither game it has certainly been eye opening and entertaining to say the least. Always knew PvPrs were a bit...fanatical so to speak but ones here certainly take it to the next lvl, so gg on that I guess.

Personally how i see it ending up when the game launches and we start playing none of the angst will have really mattered because bottom line is the actual game, the real politicking and power struggles will be IN the game. The community will obviously lose people but it'll also gain some and again settle into what it'll be when the game is live and not before.

Edited by pang

I thought I was coming to an adult forum. I guess I was wrong.

Erm...this is the interwebs. People's true self come out and as you can see we're all nothing but of bunch of children screaming for attention from faceless strangers looking for validation on our existence.

But it's still fun as hell to be here! :D

Edited by Keaggan

A goat? Cow? Donkey?

E: lol at jakass being filtered

Edited by primal

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

QFT!   Well.  Sometimes.  Maybe.   Some times have been more fun than others.  Oh, yea.  Pre (during) KS'er.   :)

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

<Snip boring criticism and stupid gif>

IDK what the forums would look like; just tossing thoughts out there. Because, ya know, it's a forum for sharing thoughts. If you've noticed, I never have run away, like some of you wish I would. In fact, all the poorly made socks talk just makes me that much more stubborn. I can't wait to have a game to play with or without y'all. 

Something I do know: The US is looking at ways to crack down on internet harassment and such. It's a new thing. I'm sure ACE doesn't want to find themselves in the midst of some awful lawsuit because one community member decided it'd be fun to hunt down another member and wreck his or her life because of forum socks. That would be a business decision, IMO.

Crows eat:

1. American Crows eat a wide variety of foods, including: fruits, grains, nutsacorns, snails,mussels, small birds, eggs, rabbits, mice, toads, crayfish, snakes, lizards, salamanders, rats, grasshoppers, cutworms, Junebugs, grubs, weevils, and other insects. A major food source of crows is carrion.
I'll take the fruit, grains, nuts, and maybe the insects and mussels if I'm really hungry. Rotten roadkill is not to this Lady Crow's taste.
Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Erm...this is the interwebs. People true self come out and as you can see we're all nothing but of bunch of children screaming for attention from faceless strangers look for validation on our existence.

Yea people reveal their true selves because they never lie on the internet either! Definitely agree on the true selves because no one is posting with a persona or a gimmick so I take it at face value too.

Having to deal with my true self on the internet, wow that's heavy. I have to reflect on this.

ACE please make a  player portal so I can blog about this reflection, thanks in advance <3

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

IDK what the forums would look like; just tossing thoughts out there. Because, ya know, it's a forum for sharing thoughts. If you've noticed, I never have run away, like some of you wish I would. In fact, all the poorly made socks talk just makes me that much more stubborn. I can't wait to have a game to play with or without y'all. 

Something I do know: The US is looking at ways to crack down on internet harassment and such. It's a new thing. I'm sure ACE doesn't want to find themselves in the midst of some awful lawsuit because one community member decided it'd be fun to hunt down another member and wreck his or her life because of forum socks. That would be a business decision, IMO.

Crows eat:

1. American Crows eat a wide variety of foods, including: fruits, grains, nutsacorns, snails,mussels, small birds, eggs, rabbits, mice, toads, crayfish, snakes, lizards, salamanders, rats, grasshoppers, cutworms, Junebugs, grubs, weevils, and other insects. A major food source of crows is carrion.
I'll take the fruit, grains, nuts, and maybe the insects and mussels if I'm really hungry. Rotten roadkill is not to this Lady Crow's taste.

Did you just associate my post asking for examples of how you'd structure the forums while providing a business case against ACE running a player portal Harassment?  To be honest, a funny GIF and a few questions shouldn't warrant your inclusion of potential US online harassment policy.

-Edit-

Also, your edited quote of my question and comments was pretty rude as I addressed your suggestions quite respectfully while displaying how I felt about them.

Edited by valor

Personally how i see it ending up when the game launches and we start playing none of the angst will have really mattered because bottom line is the actual game, the real politicking and power struggles will be IN the game.

That's the problem. You've never played a political game. All major politics happen outside the game channels. I'm sure once the game starts, all the old SBers will finally make sense to you. I'm not here to hold your hand in sing kumbaya and talk about how awesome the dev decisions are and carry around lozenges for my sore throat. They want feedback, and I have no problem giving it. Go look at the old posts during KS, I was just as much of a cheerleader as anyone to get this game off the ground. If you look at the 'toxic' players they're probably some of the biggest monetary supporters.

All I can say is GL, HF when the game starts rolling. I'll be sure to say "hi" when I'm tea bagging your corpse, wearing your gear.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

"And I'll show how much I dont trust you by pledging ruby!" - huckleburied

Oh that reminds me...I need to upgrade too.

Hope and trust are 2 different things.  I hope for a game that gives me an experience I want, and frankly that means that I feel I have an obligation to do what I can to make it a reality instead of just gripe about the state of MMOs currently.  So I do what I can to fulfill that obligation with the caveat that I may pay for it.  

Er, what's "edging"?

If you look at statistics, you have to include statistics for similar crowdfunded games and their forum activity through the various stages and also account for the context of the discussions.  Most backers will put their $ down during KS, and periodically after in the shop, while totally ignoring the forums until development is closer to a playable beta.  They'll lurk through the forums every now and then, especially around dev updates.

If you look around, there's only a very small % of the community that has ever been active on the forums and a % of that seem to be impatient and reading too much into the drop of activity.  During the past few weeks, students have had finals and are currently busy with graduations and end-of-school.  Others may be back to a more healthy work and RL schedule.  Others have already started with their vacations.

Even existing MMOs have a slump in their guilds around this time, but they don't typically run around the forums claiming the sky is falling.  They understand these trends.

Multi-game communities are watching this game's progress, otherwise are enjoying existing playable games.  They don't waste a lot of time with pre-release MMO player threads.  For example, my community is currently fully engaged with Black Desert and Star Citizen, while only a few of us are in these forums and deliver updates to our community Slack and periodic community meetings.

Involvement will increase once CF enters Beta and majority of the early backers start flooding into the playable game.

I'd join too, but I barely have enough time to follow just a few topics in these forums.

Dear CrowFall,

Please put a post on the super special high-end backer forums explaining to these White Knight types that you can and do speak for/defend yourself and they really don't have to. In fact they all just end up coming off like jerks who feel that have earned the right to speak on your behalf. We (the legitimate gaming community) understand what the great J. Todd Coleman stated earlier that a certain % of people will not like the game (not for me type of thing). That being said we realize @20% of these whineasses will hate the game and leave forever once they play it and we look forward to filling their spots with legitimate opponents. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

~PHC's~ 

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Crows eat:

You know, this really irked me.  That doesn't happen often.  Taking a post that disagrees with you and calling it harassment is a horrible abuse of the word and is why people are able to get away with it.  Because it is tossed out there for every little disagreement, people don't take it seriously.  The way you belittled my comment was more bullying than anything and threatening me to never post contradicting information because you'll report it as harassment is a grotesque stance to take.

-snip boring self-martyr post-

I bet you and oridi get along so well.

Don your flame suits! Stand strong, sisters! We know they hate us no matter how much sense we make, but we still remain!

I bet the EK's were your idea too. Right?....RIGHT?

wait, w101 was hardcore?

lol.

w101 is like the direct opposite to crowfall (instanced fighting themepark vs massive open sandbox)

actually was there pvp in w101?

YES!   Turned based!    Are you excited yet?   :)   

W101 is an absolutely wonderful game, brilliant really, for kidz to get a start in the gaming world.    Most of the tweens move on to Minecraft and such.   As they should.

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"