Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kiro

Ark:Survival Evolved - Early Access

Anyone playing/thinking about playing Ark?

For an early access game, I'm impressed. The game has really good progression and so much content...

Edit june 30, 2015: This game patches too damn much to fix bugs/add dinos/increasing game performance.

Links:

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I'm playing currently and am enjoying it.

At first there were issues getting into the game, but that all seems to be fixed.  It is a pretty game and gathering resources / building does not seem tedious.

I'm currently level 20 and in a small tribe of 3 - just me and 2 other RL friends.

We had a fairly large base going, probably too big as it brought attention of a larger group of much higher level people though. 

We were attacked and beat them off first time around...but then they came back....with a triceratops which busted our walls down.

Lost a base, but it was all fun and didn't feel to mad about it - already have another one going.

Myself and a few friends are currently playing this.  I tamed a carnasaur and had it for a couple hours before I lost it.  I had it on aggressive by accident and it took off while I had my back turned.  Thought it was gone forever.  A friend of mine was out adventuring in the wilderness and told me over teamspeak that he found Princess (what I named her).  She was a good distance inland from where I had last seen her.  She was lost and surviving on her own out there for two days.  Was level 5 when I tamed her; was level 15 when I got her back.

9/10 stars  :)

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

I got a stegosaurus recently, her name is Ginger and she is a beast!

was level 16 when I got her, now shes 24.  She can take out T-rexes and has saved my live multiple times!

A friend had one of the turtle thing that we thought was killed in a pvp battle, but it was just knocked out.  Found him three days later, half starved but making it on his own.

It's like pokemon...but with dinosaurs lol

Myself and a few friends are currently playing this.  I tamed a carnasaur and had it for a couple hours before I lost it.  I had it on aggressive by accident and it took off while I had my back turned.  Thought it was gone forever.  A friend of mine was out adventuring in the wilderness and told me over teamspeak that he found Princess (what I named her).  She was a good distance inland from where I had last seen her.  She was lost and surviving on her own out there for two days.  Was level 5 when I tamed her; was level 15 when I got her back.

9/10 stars   :)

nice!

We actually had lost a pteranodon about 2 days ago and yesterday we had tamed a new one. I flew to go pick up a purple drop pod and found her up in the air. Was really glad she didnt die.

So far the game is amazing ... and so much is changing so quick. The nearly instant responses on ingame issues from Wildcard is very impressive, and I have to say... the games launch was amazing. (issues solved in mins not hours or days.)

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I tamed a carnasaur and had it for a couple hours before I lost it.  I had it on aggressive by accident and it took off while I had my back turned.  Thought it was gone forever.  A friend of mine was out adventuring in the wilderness and told me over teamspeak that he found Princess (what I named her).  She was a good distance inland from where I had last seen her.  She was lost and surviving on her own out there for two days.  Was level 5 when I tamed her; was level 15 when I got her back.

A friend had one of the turtle thing that we thought was killed in a pvp battle, but it was just knocked out.  Found him three days later, half starved but making it on his own.

I flew to go pick up a purple drop pod and found her up in the air. Was really glad she didnt die.

These lost-pet mechanics sound cool.

IhhQKY6.gif

These lost-pet mechanics sound cool.

Just persistent pets is all it is really. When you logout you can set them to attack anyone that tries to raid your base.

We actually got a Trex who watches over our base while we are offline.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Just persistent pets is all it is really. When you logout you can set them to attack anyone that tries to raid your base.

We actually got a Trex who watches over our base while we are offline.

I have a scorpion and Princess watch over my satellite base.  We have dozens of Dilos and various other dinos that watch over our main base.

update: Princess is now level 31.  I feed her well.

Also, to those who have not played yet: I should note that your body is also persistent.  So if you play and log out; log out somewhere safe. 

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

I have a scorpion and Princess watch over my satellite base. We have dozens of Dilos and various other dinos that watch over our main base.

update: Princess is now level 31. I feed her well.

Also, to those who have not played yet: I should note that your body is also persistent. So if you play and log out; log out somewhere safe.

Our current dinos are 1Trex, 2 Pteranadons, 2 scorpions, 1 Trike, 1 Anklyo, and 5 raptors. Probably going to get a mammoth tonight.

Regarding hiding before you log out. If you are not in a structure, apparently you can die do to the elements. (Overheated or freezing.) Very interesting game to say the least.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

From your reviews and tales, IT got my attention! Tonight will make my debut :P

For the most part the community is friendly. So using global chat for questions will usually get you a friendly answer. Gl and hf!

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I'll wait til it's fully released. I don't trust early access games to evolve beyond bug riddled, forever "in development" messes anymore. Looking at you, Day Z.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

I'll wait til it's fully released. I don't trust early access games to evolve beyond bug riddled, forever "in development" messes anymore. Looking at you, Day Z.

agreed, DayZ was a train wreck. Hell, even the DayZmod is better than it.

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I'm playing with a group of friends on one of the EU servers.

We have a rather large fort that has a "Dilo-Gate", labeled as such with a billboard right next to it, on one of the sides. It is a behemoth gate with nothing except a small courtyard filled with around 15 angry high-level Dilos. We are haveing a lot of fun with that thing.

Yesterday evening we were hunting hobos naked players near our fort with tranq arrows, dragged them in front of the gate, fed them some stimberries and told them in the voice chat that we hoped they could run fast, because "we will release the Dilos!". Which we then did. And we laughed.

10/10

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

they need to nerf grenades currently it takes 9 grenades to destroy a metal foundation which takes hours of work to farm the metal and about 20mins to farm enough for the grenades

they need to nerf grenades currently it takes 9 grenades to destroy a metal foundation which takes hours of work to farm the metal and about 20mins to farm enough for the grenades

Yup. All explosives need a nerf in my opinion.

They are generally too easy to craft for how effective they are.

Heck, I think they could completely remove them from the crafting system and make them rare drops from purple or higher beacons.

While I appreciate it being able to blow through several walls and completely empty a whole base in 5 minutes flat, I also think it somewhat takes the fun out of things.

They're fine on hardcore servers because they need a high level to craft, but on the servers without permadeath we will soon be flooded by armies of explosives spamming raiders and any kind of permanent base will be impossible.

Another Early Access game huh?

How long will this game be in "alpha"  2-3 years?

It is actually rather polished.

After Rust, DayZ and Reign of Kings I actually didn't excpect much going in (I mostly bought it because of peer pressure), but I was surprised rather positively.

The UI is fugly but functional and the only other things that really feel like EA are the lag and the horrible framerate many people get.

If they fix those 2 and a half points they're as good as most "released" games you'd get nowadays.

(I hate doubleposting, but whatevers)

The local frenchmen on our server have snuck in at night and killed all our dilos, they even killed my favorite pet dodo Nugget the IV which was on passive in the dilo court. Strangely they have ignored the carno stables and both air hangars.

In return we have leveled (as in, destroyed the foundation) their dodo egg farm, killed their dodos and placed a metal sign where it used to stand reading "Remember le Nugget". We have also dragged a guy who was sleeping with the dodos off and locked him into a hastiely built 1x1 "house" on the other side of the hill. Naked and force fed full of narcotics.

We also got visited by a pair of russians who hate our guts ever since we allegedly stole a raptor saddle from them and filled their inventories with poop after we allegedly shot them into a coma with tranq arrows (while they were distracted by taming a raptor). I have no idea why they would think something like that of us.

Someone who might or might not look like us tranq'd them and ditched them into the nearby river while they were hitting our walls with their hand tools. One of them might have drowned while several people watched, not that we'd know.

And while out hunting hobos new players near our base I found a pink female dodo. Named her Nugget the V and locked her into the central bedroom (that came out weird).

I love this game so much.

Edited by DFDelta