Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kiro

Ark:Survival Evolved - Early Access

Dodo army reporting in!

On the public servers (223 I think) I have an army of 28 dodos, all of them with points in AP and movement speed. I had 30 but some poor soul with a raptor mount found out just what happens when you cross the dodo horde. Dodozilla, currently level 104, has 400 hp, and 500% ap, he leads the group as the agressive alpha and is placed right at the door to the cave.

Make it past that and well... good luck with the Onycs.

Sufice to say I'm having a blast with this, even though it's far from finished it is quite enjoyable, and having gotten onto a private server as well I can just relax and tame bronots to my hearts content. This may be my 'crowfall killer' XD

I am running epic settings on a gtx 780.   If you are still having problems running this game after those last couple of optimizations I would suggest increasing your settings.  Sometimes lower settings are harder for a 3d gaming card to run than higher settings.  Got to find your sweet spot.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

ok, I just bought it this evening and just started to have some fun in Ark. :)

Protip - punch dilos unconscious. Once you've got 5 or 6 of them there's really nothing you're going to run into on the shore that they can't rip apart - players included! 800 health, 500% attack, and dump the rest in movement speed. Bonus points if you name them Zerglings.

I am running epic settings on a gtx 780.   If you are still having problems running this game after those last couple of optimizations I would suggest increasing your settings.  Sometimes lower settings are harder for a 3d gaming card to run than higher settings.  Got to find your sweet spot.

Yeah, I run g 780 asus gpu and I can run epic too, but it runs better at high setting for me even with memory leaks, I've 32 of em.  ^_^

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Protip - punch dilos unconscious. Once you've got 5 or 6 of them there's really nothing you're going to run into on the shore that they can't rip apart - players included! 800 health, 500% attack, and dump the rest in movement speed. Bonus points if you name them Zerglings.

yeah, I guess it has similar effect when u tamed dragons in old UO - very difficult to PvP based on balance issues and early access with tamed creatures. I started on EU official server 2 (changed to #2 more active.)  :) 

I've wooden signs all over the beach - this house is not for sale, warning, Myth Thal. It'll probably get raided.  :lol:

- I'm trying a hardcore server, but some dynos having some fps-glitch issues.

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Looks awesome to play with friends. Too bad I don't have that many friends who like games :(

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

Looks awesome to play with friends. Too bad I don't have that many friends who like games :(

Its definitely a team oriented game.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

yeah, I guess it has similar effect when u tamed dragons in old UO - very difficult to PvP based on balance issues and early access with tamed creatures. I started on EU official server 2 (changed to #2 more active.)  :)

I've wooden signs all over the beach - this house is not for sale, warning, Myth Thal. It'll probably get raided.  :lol:

- I'm trying a hardcore server, but some dynos having some fps-glitch issues.

Oof the balance issues. Holy cow the balance issues.

I'm having more fun breaking this game than I am actually playing it.

I have a DODO with 2,000 health that can 2 shot a level 40 stego. It's hidden amongst my innocent little level 14 dodo horde. I woke up 2ish days ago and it had rolled someone with an Apprentice Long Neck Rifle with scope, full flack armor, and like 20 bullets. Their megladon was sitting in the little 'bay' on my island so I sold that back to him for a totem. That was a good day.

I'm not sure after the harvesting rebalance this evening if I'm going to keep playing it, because I've got one trike and 30 someodd dodos to feed, nevermind the scorpions and dillos, I don't even know how many of those I have now. XD I might have a problem.

Yeah, the missing caps on characters/dinos make for hilarious "balance".

It works fine that way in low levels, but once you get past 30 it braks so hard...

My brother has put every single point into movement speed and he is so fast now that he can move from the southwest corner of the island to the northwest one in less then a minute. He also can't move further inland because slightly bumpier terrain then the beach makes him fly into the air and die on impact.

Makes for a hilariously OP sniper though.

The frenchies on our server had an "unkillable" (it was actually named that) lv 50+ ankylo which took well over a dozen or so grenades to take down. We really crapped our pants because of that thing. Probably had more HP then all the walls of a small building combined.

In other news, we have finally tamed our first boa. Only took 20 or tries.

Punching something until it falls over (without killing it) is kinda hard if almost every one in your tribe has something like 130% melee damage. And then you have to punch it some more to keep it sleeping.

Sadly it got eaten 20 minutes later by our spanish allies who forgot to turn their T-Rekt (yes, that is its name. It is also a high level Carno. No, I have no idea why.) passive when they visited with fresh supplies from the coast. Rider gets off, T-Rekt goes "nomnom snake". They gave us the pearls for half the usual payment in crystals for that. I'm not even mad.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

I put down a quarter of my stock today and did a full sweep of the island I live on (my purpose is literally "Just hold the cave" for my tribe so I get to mess around a lot). I had *just enough* meat to feed the remainder of my carnivores. This is going to be a long haul. Small Crop Boxes have been a relief but I'll be shrinking back my base today in the hopes that more trees/bushes re-grow. Tribe on the mainland actually had a meeting this morning about getting supplies out to their 'cave men' and I think it'll work, it's definately taken an 'EvE Online' feel though where everyone has a set description and quota. Since that's what I was trying to get away from I don't think I'll stick around till they fix this. That, and I have 481lbs of dodo eggs I can't access due to that new split-stack-bug.

I actually read about an anklio like that on the official forums, was that you guys? That's helarious!! :D They were so mad but the way the guy telling it (enigmabox I think) made it a great read! Gosh I wish I could find it now XD.

This game's so interesting to play.

It's like a copy of rust with dino.. it just saying need more optimization to run it smoothly. cheers :)

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Its a fun game.

They have added stone tier which makes making a base safe from casual raiding much easier. (people hesitate much more when they have to spend oil to attack you).

They are rapidly patching and adding to the game, including direct player feedback from Reddit official forum. (I know the craft all, and removal of cement from stone tier objects were direct player feedback).

Lots of the late game interaction is going to be server based. As it will revolve around the interaction with larger tribes. You basically have to have someone online to defend a base from even the smallest attacking force (provided they are determined), therefore, you almost have to have a large tribe, with members in different time zones or at least play schedules. Metal buildings may protect your items, but the dinos are out of luck. And considering the time investment in Dinos, they can be more valuable than most items. (a level 60 bronto takes 8 hours to tame!)

I loved Rust, so when I got told by my friends that ARK would be Rust with dinosaurs, I said hell yea, here's my money! However, it was another over-hyped survival game. My friends quickly lost interest because it was too heavily focused on the PvE side and it was so poorly optimised. I lasted one more weekend, but I felt I put in too much time and got very little in return. Seriously, 2-3 hours to tame a freaking T-Rex... non sense. Maybe if they optimise it, reduce the taming cost and I had some new people to play with, I might consider re-installing it back onto my hard drive. 

Edited by zero2none

(I hate doubleposting, but whatevers)

The local frenchmen on our server have snuck in at night and killed all our dilos, they even killed my favorite pet dodo Nugget the IV which was on passive in the dilo court. Strangely they have ignored the carno stables and both air hangars.

In return we have leveled (as in, destroyed the foundation) their dodo egg farm, killed their dodos and placed a metal sign where it used to stand reading "Remember le Nugget". We have also dragged a guy who was sleeping with the dodos off and locked him into a hastiely built 1x1 "house" on the other side of the hill. Naked and force fed full of narcotics.

We also got visited by a pair of russians who hate our guts ever since we allegedly stole a raptor saddle from them and filled their inventories with poop after we allegedly shot them into a coma with tranq arrows (while they were distracted by taming a raptor). I have no idea why they would think something like that of us.

Someone who might or might not look like us tranq'd them and ditched them into the nearby river while they were hitting our walls with their hand tools. One of them might have drowned while several people watched, not that we'd know.

And while out hunting hobos new players near our base I found a pink female dodo. Named her Nugget the V and locked her into the central bedroom (that came out weird).

I love this game so much.

You just sold me on ARK. ^^^ This might be the best game review ever!

@Neko, Skype me girl. Let's talk dinos! 

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

So - dinosaurs.

I have three Steogsaurus, Taiyang, Yueliang, and Daiqiu (or Sun, Moon, and Earth). After the great v171.5 wipe I'd sought out rare stegos to exploit their potential in keeping predators away from our base. I mean sure your metal-spike-wall can keep predators away, but it won't chase them down and utterly destroy them quite like these three, fine, lasses will. Typically they sit in front of our base as a T-rex deterrent, that is until our newest member set Yue to 'Enabled Wandering' sometime in the night to see how far she would go not realizing that her two younger sisters were set to follow. He let them wander a bit, watching in horror as they went tearing into the woods above our base after an argentavis, which is basically a hawk the size of a VW beetle. He runs into the woods after them, gets murdered, and raises the alarm but it's late at night, only one other member is on, and neither one of them can find the trio, they're just gone.

Fast forwards to this morning. We still haven't found the trio, but nobody has gotten a death notification for them yet (which you get automatically when they're killed) and I'm pretty distressed, I mean, these are my spiky virtual babies and they're gone off into the woods on their own where there's tyrants, carnos, raptors, and all sorts of nasty things. I'm flying all over the coast, the mountain, the woods, and finally I give up and just get ready to train more stegos. I'm combing the shore for a nice replacement when, in global "WTF?! We're under attack!" Shenanigans, a rival tribe, is shouting for a truce. We don't know what's going on, none of our dudes are even close to their base, which is by the blue obelisk (the blue triangle shown on this map) and our base is by the red obelisk (red triangle). We're like "What's going on, we're not near your base." they report that a lone stego yolo'd into their base after a raptor and was messing up everything they couldn't call off in time. It was Yueliang, the 'oldest' of the trio, and though they'd caught her in a pen she was busting it quick. I get air-lifted over there, land, calm her down all good right? Tayiang and Diqiu had been set to follow, and about 30 yards behind their base had gotten stuck on some large trees. All of them had at least 3 levels up, and were SO full of loot they almost couldn't walk. They'd been murdering their way across the island for just over 11 hours.

Among the loot were some pretty impressive things, stacks and stacks of arrows, 2 sauropod vertebrae (only gotten from killing Brontosaurus), 6 tyrannosaurus arms (from T-rex), and an epic metal pickaxe, mixed with other junk. We give all of this to Shenanigans as a “I'm sorry my stego slaughtered your two raptors” gesture, and they laughed it off cause it wasn't REALLY anybody's fault. I helped tame two new raptors, waddled my trio home, and completely forget to disable wandering on Yueliang, so OFF she goes again, this time south, along the shore. I'm picking up stones so we can upgrade our base when at the top of the screen I see “Your Stego Diqiu has killed Tyrant level 9”, “Your Stego Taiyang has killed Trike level 21”, “Your Stego Diqiu has killed Carno level 11”, “Your Stego Yueliang has killed Bronto level 9”. I could have sworn I'd left them at base so I'm VERY confused, as more trikes and raptors die and I rush back to base thinking it's a retaliatory raid. Nope, they'd wandered up the “death cliffs” and had just gone to town on EVERYTHING up there. I flew up there, hopped on Yue, drove her and her sisters home, and turned off wandering. They had 2 more tyrant arms, a sauropod vertebra, and had looted a full set of gear including bow and arrow off of some poor newbie that had wandered too close.

TLDR; “Enable Wandering” needs a freakin range limit XD

Edited by Anotherneko