Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kiro

Ark:Survival Evolved - Early Access

Wandering + aggressive is a hilarious combination. We have had something similar happen to us once, only with raptors.

We live inside the cave at 68/56 and have a bunch of lv50+ raptors on wandering and aggressive inside, so that anybody who breaks the outer metal gates gets a facefull of angry snarling dino.

One day someone forgot to close them after returning from an expedition and while everyone was busy inside processing the materials he brought back a few of the raptors wandered out there slaughtering everything.

By the time we realized the "Sawa killed ..." and "Rawa killed ..." messages couldn't be one of us out there hunting with them because all of us were inside the main hall they were already inside the forests and hidden from sight. By the time we found them again they had wandered up into the northern mountains happiely munching on saberkitties.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Hahahahaha. I'm tempted to let ALL of our merry band wander. We've got 61 dinosaurs (including dodos) and it's begun to take longer than I appreciate to care for them all, it'd be less cruel than stabbing them in the braincase with a pick, and interesting to see just how many carnivores in the area they take out before succumbing to the wilds. Anything still alive at the end of 2 days would get to stay.

Edited by Anotherneko

Hahahahaha. I'm tempted to let ALL of our merry band wander. We've got 61 dinosaurs (including dodos) and it's begun to take longer than I appreciate to care for them all, it'd be less cruel than stabbing them in the braincase with a pick, and interesting to see just how many carnivores in the area they take out before succumbing to the wilds. Anything still alive at the end of 2 days would get to stay.

I had the very same idea, but I could not convince anyone in my guild that it was a good idea.  So if they find one of my dinos in the wild they keep bringing it home to me and making it passive.  I hate passive.  Neutral or Attack Target when idle.  Aggressive if set to wander.  This is why I always see their dinos dieing.  A dino should never go full passive.  It is an insult.  Should have seen my 20 dodos marching on a group of trikes.  It was wonderful!

I have 2 carnos and a spino that I set loose from time to time, normally.  They haven't died yet and I know they are roaming free for at least 24 hours before one of my guildies comes along and "rescues" it.  My spino is capped level at 56 and my carnos are in their upper 40s.  

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Yeah, we were thinking about doing the same thing.

Sadly there are way too many people near us whom we don't want to get hurt by our wandering dinos.

There are a bunch of independents at the rivers around our cave that we have various agreements with (basically no looting each other and warning each other if someone sees anything that looks like a foreign war party) and the coast near the 89/36 water cave holds several forts and dino pens of our spanish friends who supply us with oil and pearls while we drown them in metal and crystals.

Having those supply runs stop because of an accident would be... unfortunate.

But as soon as Ark gets tribe diplomacy and the option to set other tribes to friendly or neutral we're gonna open the gates and unleash our army of Dilos on the local fauna. It will be like the pleague of biblical locusts, just with spitting lizard-thingies.

I can already hear the cries of the defenseless solo players.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Oh my gosh, please, please let me know how the dilopocolypse goes! I'm in talks with our tribe right now about trading their beloved first-tames (mostly parasaur/trike) to a new tribe that cropped up not far from us to placate them, and get them off the ground.That's like 10 animals off the "feed me" list. I can't WAIT. I'll miss the incredible amounts of poop (for farming, of course :rolleyes: ) but not HAVING to log in an hour before work to feed everything would be nice >.>

Electronic Animal Trackers: track your dinos, track wild dinos, track enemy dinos (or players), put on one yourself and don't lose your corpse!! <ShamWow!>

Man ... this would have been so helpful last week. Heh.

Excellent game, most players that have purchased it, have spent more time playing this game than most AAA games (for the $25 I spent on it and the number of hours played so far, it's a steal).  It's highly addicting!  

The development team has been doing an incredible job every week, updating the community, updating the game, patching, etc.... adding new ideas presented by the community, while also staying on track for their release next year.  They've given back to the community with contests and bounties.  

Even if you're not interested in survival games, this is an excellent example of how an Indie early access game should be like... and also a great example that new games can become successful without kickstarter.

Edited by Nyt

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I would try it but have nobody to play with :( From my expereince playing a survival game solo when you rarely play one will not be fun.

Come play with us!!!

How to:

Open Steam

right click steam in taskbar

"Servers"

"Favorites"

"Add a Server"

Where it prompts you enter 167.114.210.103:7777

Launch ARK:

"Join Ark"

in the bottom left corner there's a drop down, select "Favorites"

Look for PlebLvL

Join

Prosper

TEAMSPEAK!

pleblvl.com

PlebLvL is a moderated server that is PvPvE (PVP happens but it's not the main article). Presently there's the Thunder-Dome where you can battle your tamed dinos to the death against other tribes. An automated wager system is in the works. Taming is 15% quicker, dinosaurs are 2x tougher and more plentiful, and Alpha Raptors and Alpha Carnos have been turned off because quite frankly they're hogwash.

Hope to see you there!

Edited by Anotherneko

I've had my eye on this game for a little bit. Mostly I am interested in running a private server. I finally happen to have a spare PC that could run it pretty well (i5-2500, 16gb ram, 50/50mbps internet. When they get a little more polished I very well may do that. 

eEvERiW.jpg

Ive been playing it all day long ever since i got my hands on it, incredible game, needs serious need for optimization yet the game is so good i completely ignore bad optimization while im playing it. Cant wait to see the differance on graphics when i get a pascal gpu.