Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall: A Phoenix Rising

Please, channel yourselves into the movie "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" into this particular scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBVNRkE07s4

Truthfully, it's 1:22... watch it before reading on.

As a member of the community, I can tell you that this place is boring, there's no fresh conversations taking place, we've combed through every piece of news, interview, picture and video that's been released by ACE. We've argued about things like whether guinne pigs should get stealth skills or whether ACE's system for guilds to work together should be called an alliance or a fealty tree.  WE'VE DONE IT ALL!

Now, frustration has set in and we look around and ask where has everyone gone?

1. Moderation has stayed true to it's historical reputation and never been a fan favorite, but it's been consistent since KS for the most part

kHAUFbl.jpg

2. The pay to post was a big topic.  One I don't agree with, but ACE benefits from not needing my approval when they make business decisions

line-passes-guestlists.jpg

3. Information about the game simply isn't available because of their development process.  They are focused on building the combat system, before building the structure system, before building the siege system, before building the campaign victory conditions, before building the embargo restrictions, before.... you get my point.

mad-max-fury-road-movie-screenshot-the-c

We get it.  This place feels dead... but it's still building and there's a lot to look forward to which will bring things back to life.

ACE recognizes that they simply need to get the game right, and if they do that, then everything else will fall in place.  Reasonably though, concerns about their ability to remain a primarily crowdfunded game exist today.  Some of the changes since KS have generated concerns.  If there are barriers for new people to join the community in full, will that hamper ACE's ability to sell their cash shop items to as large of an audience as possible?  Will these concerns hinder ACE from building the game they want?

ACE has laid out some pretty solid launch points in their future, and the biggest key is going to be the over 15,000 backers who will be getting unrestricted access to Crowfall in their various phases of testing.  This will be the spark that lights the fire of the community in the coming months.

Pre-Alpha Hits: Maybe 100+ people and maybe 20 streaming the game

Alpha 1 Hits: maybe 1000+ people and maybe 100 streaming the game

Alpha 2 Hits: maybe 2000+ people and maybe 200 stremaing the game

and so on and so on.

All of this has led to the perception of ACE currently finding themselves in a no name sports bar reflecting on their life decisions... just like the infallible philosopher portrayed by the great Will Ferrell, let me be your red headed assistant, Susan...

AND IF you don't watch this video, then may you go bald months earlier than you will: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzkrKfk4kYE

Great post Valor, raise some good points and reasurance that the forums will become more lively once we start getting into the streaming phase where players will be able to actually see mechanics and discuss them more thoroughly here. 

Ultimately though I would say this is still a "decently active" forums for a game that is currently in Pre Alpha, and if any of you are also monitoring Camelot Unchained you might even consider the information and actual conversations on the forums to be a gift from god in comparison  to what those guys are getting from Mark Jacobs.

I am excited for the community down the road and think that we wont have to wait much longer for the forums to become the Vegas Strip once the streamers go to work ^^.

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Read the whole thing, watched the videos, still no idea what your point is. If you're saying "forums will be better when testing starts", seems like you put a lot of unnecessary work into something obvious.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Read the whole thing, watched the videos, still no idea what your point is. If you're saying "forums will be better when testing starts", seems like you put a lot of unnecessary work into something obvious.

As one of my close friends likes to say... 

885SL.gif

Honestly, no. Sorry =( Youtube links and stock photos can't carry a post with no actual content.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

/me sighs

For every one of these non-productive, negative, false conspiracy theory, and quite ignorant threads... 10 Guineceans die.

Wait... this is a positive post about the fact that ACE has a plan that will see the community resurrected when there is actual content.  What did you read?

Sorry I stole back your interview points Valor. Maybe next time you can leach some drama from my next slack rant.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Forgiveness comes for those who are worthy.

One day I'll earn that spot at your table....one day...

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

About time, someone said something about this, agreed to the maximum. I can´t wait to share my expirience in the alpha 1 and get the snowball rolling, streaming will be awesome and we can get tons of new info.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

zJuzwiu.gif

/me sighs

For every one of these non-productive, negative, false conspiracy theory, and quite ignorant threads... 10 Guineceans die.

But this was a thread to relieve tension, :c </3 it's also kind of off topic so be careful okay :unsure:

As one of my close friends likes to say... 

885SL.gif

Haha I wonder who said that~

I enjoyed your OP and I believe it is very levelheaded and I appreciate your input! <3

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Should I be offended that nobody thinks there are any good subjects to discuss when I've posted a half dozen timeless threads on gameplay mechanics which are both relevant to the combat systems and wrestle with the hard angles?...

I'ma just go over here now :(

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Should I be offended that nobody thinks there are any good subjects to discuss when I've posted a half dozen timeless threads on gameplay mechanics which are both relevant to the combat systems and wrestle with the hard angles?...

I'ma just go over here now :(

Link em up man! Let's get the party started because I do enjoy talking about mechanics that have worked and haven't and how that can influence a game like CF.  Unless it's speculation discussion... then no.