Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valor

Crowfall: A Phoenix Rising

I would argue the exact opposite, that every community is special to those who make it up, and should have its own rules carefully tailored to the needs, purposes, and preferences of that particular community. A forum for W101 should (and does!) have very different rules from a forum for Crowfall because those communities forum very differently from each other, even though there is some overlap of membership between the two.

More meant that the notion that because this is a PvP game made by the devs that made SB and that there are players from that game here then the rules should be more lax then other forums.

I disagree.  Some have come from a community that is much much different.    This and that, even with the rules we have now, are like night and day.

Thing is it works both ways. Just saying that some give the impression that the forums should be catered to them and everyone else are the ones who need to adapt not them. That was made abundantly clear in the whole wiz101 vs SB wars.

Edited by pang

More meant that the notion that because this is a PvP game made by the devs that made SB and that there are players from that game here then the rules should be more lax then other forums.

No.  More meant that the dev from SB that made BOTH games and that there is a vast difference in the type of communication , behavior and thought processes in those communities.  You are talking adults vs 8 to 10 year olds.   That being said , the adults that run the KI forums will not allow for dissent of any kind.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I think the bird is still burning.... this thread is far from evolving into a phoenix and should probably be locked to allow the discussions to split into more relevant topics.

Do you ever post on here or slack that isn't mindless complaining? You're like crowfall's debbie downer.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

He's not the only one who sounds like a debbie downer much of the time.

#rekt by the known SB scrub.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

No.  More meant that the dev from SB that made BOTH games and that there is a vast difference in the type of communication , behavior and thought processes in those communities.  You are talking adults vs 8 to 10 year olds.   That being said , the adults that run the KI forums will not allow for dissent of any kind.   

Don't disagree that every community is different, what I was trying to get at is that just because of the games the Dev made or where the posters came from one shouldn't come in to a new community with preconceived notions on how it should be run. I understand the SB forums were a bit of wild west or w/e (and can read Mod Agelmars reasoning behind that early in this thread) but again think it is a bit presumptuous to expect the same thing here in this new community for this new game.

Then on the other side of that spectrum if someone is coming from a super strict forums setup I still don't think its far to say will they just report everything. Especially with that post JTC made early on about how both sides need to try to understand the other.

So yeah got off on a bit of a tangent there but main thing I would like to see is less vague and more clear guidelines as to what is and is not reportable offenses. Because yeah like you said I agree the current RoC seems a bit copy&paste that came with the forums software.

Don't disagree that every community is different, what I was trying to get at is that just because of the games the Dev made or where the posters came from one shouldn't come in to a new community with preconceived notions on how it should be run. I understand the SB forums were a bit of wild west or w/e (and can read Mod Agelmars reasoning behind that early in this thread) but again think it is a bit presumptuous to expect the same thing here in this new community for this new game.

Then on the other side of that spectrum if someone is coming from a super strict forums setup I still don't think its far to say will they just report everything. Especially with that post JTC made early on about how both sides need to try to understand the other.

So yeah got off on a bit of a tangent there but main thing I would like to see is less vague and more clear guidelines as to what is and is not reportable offenses. Because yeah like you said I agree the current RoC seems a bit copy&paste that came with the forums software.

Well, there you have it!   I think, from what I have seen, that the SB community has been way more accepting of the Twizards than the other way around.   To say the SB community has not rolled with the punches, accepted word filters ( and some have even come to like the filter!) would be purely an incorrect statement.   Change goes both ways and I agree that it is a new community.  I am sure that the new RoC when and if published will meet somewhere in the middle and I bet even though the SB'er will complain some they will roll with it.  I just see more flexibility in their community than I have ever seen in the other one.   Inflexibility prohibits growth.  

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Well, there you have it!   I think, from what I have seen, that the SB community has been way more accepting of the Twizards than the other way around.   To say the SB community has not rolled with the punches, accepted word filters ( and some have even come to like the filter!) would be purely an incorrect statement.   Change goes both ways and I agree that it is a new community.  I am sure that the new RoC when and if published will meet somewhere in the middle and I bet even though the SB'er will complain some they will roll with it.  I just see more flexibility in their community than I have ever seen in the other one.   Inflexibility prohibits growth.  

Well yeah the SBrs certainly would have less to adapt to then say the other side if it was as strict as some have said. But still I think some do let their expectations get in the way of just fully adapting to the new community. Growing pains to be expected for sure.

follow your poorly made socksposting star

This is hilarious

I'd just like to recognize that the reason this forum doesn't have enough constructive discussion is because participants gravitate toward drama like this rather than subjects about the game.

This, a thread about the forum bringing complaint about the constructive activity of the forum, yet dwindles on indefinitely with fruitless banter about the forum instead of the game.

And much of the proponents for opening the forum display behavior unwelcome in any discussion.

I've gotten upset about the way ACE wants to treat Fae, or jumping implementaron, or Archetype diversity, stuff about the game. This, it's about the forum, and the level of indignity and deliberate misunderstanding in the face of direct dialogue from a developer is shameful... That's the last I'll contribute to this subject, and it should be closed...

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I'd just like to recognize that the reason this forum doesn't have enough constructive discussion is because participants gravitate toward drama like this rather than subjects about the game.

This, a thread about the forum bringing complaint about the constructive activity of the forum, yet dwindles on indefinitely with fruitless banter about the forum instead of the game.

And much of the proponents for opening the forum display behavior unwelcome in any discussion.

I've gotten upset about the way ACE wants to treat Fae, or jumping implementaron, or Archetype diversity, stuff about the game. This, it's about the forum, and the level of indignity and deliberate misunderstanding in the face of direct dialogue from a developer is shameful... That's the last I'll contribute to this subject, and it should be closed...

Actually, this post was constructively telling people to NOT worry about the community because they have a plan.  It was done in such an entertaining and sarcastic way however that far too many missed the point altogether.

I did, however, successfully get Primal latched onto this thread and all it cost me was another bottle of whiskey addressed to JTodd.

Btw GW said on slack that they're going to add non-moderated forums for guilds (with reserved names, so I guess above amber pledge) very soon.

So.. sayonara!

This is a brilliant idea... have people fork over more money if they truly want to sockpost. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir