Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

KS, 2015 & 2016 Pledge Fort Designs

Looking at the store this morning I fir thought they double posted the same items over and over. However, it turns out that they just released some concept art for the forts. Here is are the some pics for large version:

Kickstater Large Fort:

KICKSTARTER_LARGE_FORT.png

2015 Large Fort

2015_LARGE_FORT.png

2016 Large Fort

2016_LARGE_FORT.png

Which is YOUR favorite? Will you change based on these new pics? 

Enjoy!

Edited by Keaggan

Wowo - thanks for the pics in one place!

Small structure changes between the 3 - mainly on the chimney caps and side overhanging eave support. 

But now I am wondering if the skin changes are based on the god shown on the banner?  Each fort has a different god banner and a different carving above it.  Will the color of my fort change based on what god I'm worshipping? Or are the forts all the same for, say, the 2015 large fort and every one will have the snake banner/snakish carving and white decor? 

I really don't see them making separate skins for each god for each building tbh.  Hopefully we'll be able to change out at least the god banner on our forts so that we're not all inadvertently honoring a god other than our chosen spider one.

In spite of my endless questions I love the different looks.  I'd consider adding what I don't have as opposed to switching at this point but I'm an "EK is going to be a player hub!" kinda gal and I can see the different looks lending themselves to different functional areas of the EK.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Just a quick check - anyone remember which fort was for sale there on its own last week?  I bought a large fort but it does not specify in my account what kind it was - 2015, 2016, or KS.  Just says Large Fort.  I'm thinking it was a 2015 large fort but anyone remember what the titles actually were before the change?  Thanks.

Edited by oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

The only thing these forts do is remind me that they have barely released any lore.  Whose Kronos?!  Gah!

Building aesthetic is very attractive though, I have no preference for either more than I think they all look great when put next to each other.  I wish I were easy to please, how long has it been since the Minotaur lore entry?

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I really don't see them making separate skins for each god for each building tbh.  Hopefully we'll be able to change out at least the god banner on our forts so that we're not all inadvertently honoring a god other than our chosen spider one.

I could totally see them doing that for keeps, given they'll probably be fairly common buildings. Plus it'd work really well for the god's war campaigns, since each side could be locked to thematic buildings.

Whose Kronos?!  Gah!

We've got an extra Kronos here, does anyone know whose Kronos this is?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Just a quick check - anyone remember which fort was for sale there on its own last week?  I bought a large fort but it does not specify in my account what kind it was - 2015, 2016, or KS.  Just says Large Fort.  I'm thinking it was a 2015 large fort but anyone remember what the titles actually were before the change?  Thanks.

I think it was the KS one. If I'm remembering this right they added 2015 & 2016 just this week.

Does anyone happen to know why the new designs are named by years? What should we infer from this?

Its just a name and destination. it also implies that depending on WHEN you pledge you'll have access to a particular style. Ex. Kickstarter Gold Pledge gives you a small fort. So now you know what it will look like. Or say someone came in Jan 2016 and pledge gold they would know which style they'd get. 

I think it was the KS one. If I'm remembering this right they added 2015 & 2016 just this week.

Just for clarification since I actually made the update yesterday, the Small, Medium, and Large Forts that were up initially were the "2015" versions. I changed the name to reflect that and also added the 2016 and the Kickstarter versions. The main concept sketch of the outisde of each fort is the same for all versions and the only thing that is different between them is that they each have a different style of "Lodge." The Small Fort has a "Hunter's Lodge," the Medium a "Master's Lodge," and the Large a "Great Lodge." Hope that clears things up. 

Seth

I think it comes down to, pick your favorite colour and roof figurehead.  Which is something earlier backers have the privilege to choose.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I think it comes down to, pick your favorite colour and roof figurehead.  Which is something earlier backers have the privilege to choose.

Will be interesting to see how this different colors and styles mash together in an EK. Hopefully it won't look like a clown suit.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I personally love the idea of growing out my EK, The Free Lands of Azure, so I'm thinking I'll keep my KS stuff then buy a small 2016 when it's on sale.

Building it up will be fun and give me something to work towards.

The colors are based on the set (KS, 2015, 2016+); the god banners were just convenient to use since we don't have guild heraldry done yet.

Glad you like them!

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

The colors are based on the set (KS, 2015, 2016+); the god banners were just convenient to use since we don't have guild heraldry done yet.

Glad you like them!

Todd

ACE

Sorry if I missed this info but are we able to change the colors on buildings? I know its important for the structures to look different based on the package but equally important is customization IMO.