Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Borders of the EK?

Does anyone have a sense of how will the boundaries of the EK instance be represented in the game?

My hope is the boundaries are more intelligently represented than the age-old 4 impassable mountain ranges. Perhaps a kind of exhaustion mechanic will be used? That is, if the character proceeds any further off the instance main area, exhaustion would force the character back.

I bet its either a "turn around or you respawn in your castle", "turn around or you die" or an invisible wall or mountain.

The game is on a pretty low budget when it comes to MMO's, so dont expect Witcher 3 maps ^^

Edited by zinnie

Maybe a mechanic where if you go too far instead of just a system message you get devoured by the Hunger and die. In ESO if you swam (or rather walked into the water) too far you would be devoured by carnivorous fish.

Edited by pang

I want giant lazors that zap you to oblivion!  :lol: Ow wait, this is not a science fiction game.

Hmm, why not a crow that flies through your eye socket and makes your head explode.

B02yPbBCEAAIfs-.jpg

Yes, I stole the idea from the Witcher 3 intro.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

The player interaction is the real content here not the environment (though im sure they will be beautiful). Basically you won't make it to the edge ;)

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

The player interaction is the real content here not the environment (though im sure they will be beautiful). Basically you won't make it to the edge ;)

This is the EKS

Please take your violence back to the Dying worlds

maniac

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Impassable jungle is the ACE stated plan.

A wraparound EK and CW would be the most elegant solution. There would be an interface taking you to the opposite point unless the world were curved. If they were that small and truly spherical you would be able to see the curve, but that would be ok (we already know from Blair that gravity works differently from our universe). The interface would open up some odd situations.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

A sphere with a 5km circumference would be dizzyingly tiny, and the physics of presenting that kind of curved environment would be extremely challenging to code and unpleasant to experience. This is a bad idea.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You can make an artificial curve or just make it flat. You can keep re-loading the first tiles when you reach the last. Like 1-2-3-4-5-6-1-2-etc. When you walk in a straight line it just loops around.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with canth. Still I don't think we need to have the world wrap but mystical gates, jungle paths, or something to lessen the annoyance of having to run all the way to the other side. If there isnt its just a lot of wasted time running around just because they can't make the world spherical. Ideally the world should be good at what its for and I for one find running long distances just to get from A to B without exploration to be highly boring.

If you log in at the center of the kingdom the maximum distance to run all the way to a corner is 3.5 km. Plus you will probably be able to log directly to any building or parcel where you have tenancy rights. Travel time in the EKs will almost certainly be a non issue.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad you can't have neighbors. Would be nice to ride my mount through the countryside and just randomly cross into a fellow guildmates territory. Then guilds would have a true sense of comradery. Maybe even have roads that connect which would allow EK's to feel more like a world then an instance.

You can absolutely ride across the territory of your guild EK and pass through the provinces of assorted guild mates along the way. You don't need connected EKs for that, just the hierarchical territory scheme we already know about.

Tully

Too bad you can't have neighbors. Would be nice to ride my mount through the countryside and just randomly cross into a fellow guildmates territory. Then guilds would have a true sense of comradery. Maybe even have roads that connect which would allow EK's to feel more like a world then an instance.

Would be cool to have some portals that you can build in one EK that goes directly to another player's EK. The different EKs could feel more connected together, without having to change everything to the design.

I can imagine a caravan full of resources crossing the portal to land in another EK.  :P

(image teleported to suggestion forum)

Edited by courant101

• 2 months later...

I was hopeful that it would be multiple players on a world sharing, apparently not. really was looking forward to having all my friends living together and we just visit eachothers place and tend to the cattles. hopefully groups of people can come visit and at least have stuff to do on the EK.

c59c919a-120a-4430-9d51-7b91134f6e3b.png