Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Environmental Decay and Item Wear

Hello Folks

I hope that this isn’t a redundant question and if it is please kick me in the right direction.

Anyone know how decay/wear will work with crafted and found objects and items. I did read the discussions on the non-permanency of gear and that makes sense as nothing should last forever.

An example: We know there will be environmental changes that happen during the life of each campaign, how will time and environment effect decay on structures and items? I can see being in an extended campaign and subject to high humidity items rust and blades become pitted, will that reduce item effectiveness? If so I assume crafters can repair those items, but will repairs be subject to the ability of the crafter? So if a crafter fails, will the item be unusable, just reduced in quality, or some combination based on the magnitude of the crafting failure?  I don’t feel there should be a maximum number of times an item can be repaired rather let the owner decide if they want to live with the reduction in quality. I can’t imagine a fighter wanting to keep using a long blade that has been ground down to a butter knife, but what the hell.  If the item is no longer usable can it be scrapped for materials?  

I know it is early to get an exact answer for this end of the game and the Devs are working on the combat system that the crafting supports. However I love to craft and build as much as PvP and a clunky crafting system will shorten the game experience significantly in my opinion.

Any dialogue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jebs

It’s a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to. - Bilbo

There are quite a bit of elements to crafting weapons and armours.

This is the a picture of the alloysystem so far.

Crowfall_AlloyChart.jpg

Apparently, you can also put thrall warrior spirits into rune stones and embed them into your weapons. I don't know if the stones will be permanent but it would be a shame if a weapon cannot be scrapped for more materials. Even coins and metals have this interchangeable characteristics so I don't think scrapping would be a big problem.

They also have salvage beside crafting

Screen_Shot_2015_06_07_at_3_57_18_PM.png

I am not big on crafting so I don't know much about the decay but I believe not much related to crafting has been released yet. Try looking through everything posted in the crafting section.

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Thanks for the material progression chart. That part of the system looks rather standard and makes sense as far as item storage and transportation. I did root around through a number of the posts and haven't found much on how decay, wear and repair will work. I suspect it will have some level progression system and success system, but what will be interesting is to see how all of these elements relate and if they will be constant across the game or will those variables change with the rules of each campaign. 

I would guess that in the EK structures will be eternal? So not subject to the ravages of time keeping the focus in the campaign arena.  

Cheers

jebs

It’s a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to. - Bilbo

We know that equipped items will degrade slowly with use and quickly with player death. I don't imagine there will be any decay system for idle/banked items. After all, these campaigns take place over the course of a few weeks or months, not decades.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Thanks for the material progression chart. That part of the system looks rather standard and makes sense as far as item storage and transportation. I did root around through a number of the posts and haven't found much on how decay, wear and repair will work. I suspect it will have some level progression system and success system, but what will be interesting is to see how all of these elements relate and if they will be constant across the game or will those variables change with the rules of each campaign. 

I would guess that in the EK structures will be eternal? So not subject to the ravages of time keeping the focus in the campaign arena.  

Cheers

jebs

Actually, EK structures located on normal parcels will be subject to decay. This includes the Keeps and Forts in the cash shop.

KS backers all got tax-free parcels, but they are designated resource parcels, so we may be unable to put structures on them. 

The advantage to building decay is to be a material (mat) sink, so we either spend cash or import mats from CWs to maintain them.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Actually, EK structures located on normal parcels will be subject to decay. This includes the Keeps and Forts in the cash shop.

KS backers all got tax-free parcels, but they are designated resource parcels, so we may be unable to put structures on them. 

The advantage to building decay is to be a material (mat) sink, so we either spend cash or import mats from CWs to maintain them.

I was wondering what "tax-free" meant, thanks for the explanation. 

Cheers

Jebs