Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headlight

Magicbane wiping on 13th

For real this time haha. I guess Boris is taking over wiping duties, so he was doing a test run today. Map will be Aerynth. Rumor to be not as dominate of a CN server up. We shall see. Server goes down ~7am PST/10am EST and comes back up ~9am PST/12pmEST.

If any non-shadowbane player wants to see what's a server up is like, come on over.

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3728

•  
  •  
June 13th 2015 Magicbane Server Wipe

icon_post_target.gifby Boris » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Greetings Magicbane Players!

I've been called upon once again by my cousins to handle a few things as family matters have turned towards the grim and both of them are dealing with that full time. They've left me with some instructions on how to go about wiping the server for everyone here. I initially did some testing last weekend which is why there was some downtime. Unfortunately, the wipe was not successful and I had to restore to an earlier date. During the restore the host for the server experienced an outage and we lost the restore so I once again kicked off another restore to our backup from the day before, Thursday.

This past weekend I continued the testing, ensuring to start after the morning backup that took place Saturday morning. The wipe was successful and I planned on restoring to Saturdays backup and announcing a wipe for next weekend. Little did I realize....the cat was out of the bag when the daily backup procedure that is in place in the mornings would stealth bring the server back up in a wiped status. I've brought the server down and it is currently restoring to Saturdays backup meaning no loss in data. This restoration process takes approx. 4 hours and once it is complete, the servers will come back online.

The wipe will occur June 13th (Saturday) around the normal down period. The wipe will take approx. 2 hours to complete and for the servers to be brought back online.

Artyom and Olga said they miss everyone very much and can't wait to return once they're able.

I'll also be looking in to the firewall rules to see if there are additional adjustments needed.

7b should be pleased.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Bah, same huge map with tons of cities, with low amount of players...

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

I usually refuse to play a better emulator because my Chinese friends won't be there to help me, too.

Grr.

That map is horrible, prolly i will play there but is stupid that they are using again that map

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

I liked Vorringia.  I hate running for 30 minutes to get any where.  I was also one of those people that would load up with stam pots and try to swim across the ocean.

I got killed by water more times than I care to remember.

prolly i will play there but is stupid that they are using again that map

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

How long can the 3 people left play this weekend at bernie's?

Seriously the low pop make the game so boring. And the whole wm outnumbered every nation 4to1.

Lower pop on a functioning server or inflated CN pop on a broken server?

Safe to say the answer is pretty simple.

I dont understand how wm enjoys playing a pvp game when they are 85% of the entire server pop. Sigh, ill play but the pop will drop due to wm then they get the server to themselves. Maybe they enjoy it that way so they can pve all day