Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
docwrath

Player Made Dungeons in Eternal Kingdoms

Disclaimer: I haven't been an active member because I don't want to get burnt out on the hype train to release. So I may be touching on something already covered else where. I tried searching to see if this has been suggested in the past but didn't see exactly this idea. And I read the EK FAQs again to refresh my memory.

Player made PvE content in Eternal Kingdoms!

I know PvE content is not the point of this game and would be a waste of time for the devs when they could focus on the Throne war simulator. So why not add a huge aspect of the game by making some small tools and putting it in the hands of the players. This idea originated with player made dungeons in EKs but why limit it there. I dont know all the possibilities but thats the fun of sandbox. I have a cool vision in my head about well known EKs because they have a new challenging dungeon every month.

I wont pretend like i know how to accomplish this but I think it could be done with some parcels with mobs included in them or just adding individual mobs that can be placed on lots. You could do more by having individual setting for each mob but I think a lot can be done just by playing around with agro ranges and such.

Anyway, thats my Idea. Short and sweet. Let me know what you think!

This seems like a lot of work because making user friendly (and by user I mean us dumb players and not developers who are familiar with such things) tools isn't super easy to do.  But I really like the idea of adding PvE that is player created and managed.  

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

As long as you cant get any resources or other forms of loot from it, I am down with letting PvE gonzos play around in their fluff garden.

Edited by zinnie

Here is the link to the original thread and the exact moment in time I became best friends with Adall and Cireole.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5039-ek-dungeoncampaigning/

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

As long as you cant get any resources or other forms of loot from it, I am down with letting PvE gonzos play around in their fluff garden.

You know that CW are pure fluff, zinnie. As it adds nothing of substance to your real life...because it's just a game.

Sorry, I didn't mean to step on your soapbox.

Disclaimer: I haven't been an active member because I don't want to get burnt out on the hype train to release. So I may be touching on something already covered else where. I tried searching to see if this has been suggested in the past but didn't see exactly this idea. And I read the EK FAQs again to refresh my memory.

Player made PvE content in Eternal Kingdoms!

I know PvE content is not the point of this game and would be a waste of time for the devs when they could focus on the Throne war simulator. So why not add a huge aspect of the game by making some small tools and putting it in the hands of the players. This idea originated with player made dungeons in EKs but why limit it there. I dont know all the possibilities but thats the fun of sandbox. I have a cool vision in my head about well known EKs because they have a new challenging dungeon every month.

I wont pretend like i know how to accomplish this but I think it could be done with some parcels with mobs included in them or just adding individual mobs that can be placed on lots. You could do more by having individual setting for each mob but I think a lot can be done just by playing around with agro ranges and such.

Anyway, thats my Idea. Short and sweet. Let me know what you think!

Ok, I will bite.    WHY a dungeon in the EK? Just for fun?   Why not have fun in the CW's?   THAT is the game, ya know.   Are you trying to avoid something in the CW's?     I just don't get it.....................

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

You know that CW are pure fluff, zinnie. As it adds nothing of substance to your real life...because it's just a game.

Sorry, I didn't mean to step on your soapbox.

If you can make a "personal dungeon" in your fluffgarden and go in and gather resources and loot, you then have the ability to import said resources and loot  into a campaign, thus giving you a substantial advantage to the people not going into a fluff dungeon.

Do you see the problem here?

OK, I know this refers to the CW's, however, Dungeons in the EK's are against the core vision of the game.   Todd explains it well here, I think:

BEST ANSWER jtoddcoleman13 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

No, we won't be adding PvE campaigns.

We have PvE in the game, yes, but it bears repeating: the monsters exist to raise the general threat level of the universe, and to occasionally drop rare reagants.  

If you want to avoid PvP completely, you can do that by stay in the Eternal Kingdoms -- but if you do, you'll need to have a a plan to work with the players who are willing and able to win in the Campaign Worlds, because you're going to need them to provide you with resources and materials to build and craft.

There are a LOT of games where PvE is the driving force, and PvP is a secondary mechanic.  We're making a game where PvP is the driving force, and the PvE is secondary.  

That's not to say that you can't be a full-time professional crafter or run a mercantile empire -- you can! -- but you can't do it in a vacuum.

Todd

ACE

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

There would be no resource gain from the mobs placed in the EK. I felt like that was obvious. I'm not avoiding the CWs. You would still need to gather resource to make any sort of PvE EK from CWs. Also thought that would be obvious.

I suggested this because it would let the players put out a lot of content in their EKs. Its just adding to not taking anything away. As it sits now I dont see myself using my EK.

Even if we could place a premade mob that you would encounter in CW I feel like it would open up a lot of fun possibilities.

Surviving challenge

Kill count challenge

Dungeons

etc.

its a sandbox and im just proposing more pals and shovels.

Here is the link to the original thread and the exact moment in time I became best friends with Adall and Cireole.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5039-ek-kdungeoncampaigning/

We are still bffs right? Jill? Omg...

As concluded in the other thread, so long as no tools are added specifically for this... whatever go have fun.

There would be no resource gain from the mobs placed in the EK. I felt like that was obvious. I'm not avoiding the CWs. You would still need to gather resource to make any sort of PvE EK from CWs. Also thought that would be obvious.

I suggested this because it would let the players put out a lot of content in their EKs. Its just adding to not taking anything away. As it sits now I dont see myself using my EK.

Even if we could place a premade mob that you would encounter in CW I feel like it would open up a lot of fun possibilities.

Surviving challenge

Kill count challenge

Dungeons

etc.

As long as there's no resource gains, I believe people can do whatever they want with their kingdoms.  If you want to create a dungeon for your friends to explore and have some fun in, I say go for it. If there's ever going to be a tool that lets you do that is another question entirely.

Surviving challenge

Kill count challenge

Dungeons

etc.

But why?  I guess that is the question I have been asking for ages.  WHY create reasons to stay in the EK if the game is in the CW.  What you are proposing would take ppl from the CW and give them a reason to sit their butts in the EK thus creating a semblance of a PvE game.  Seems to me you're wanting to create two games.  One for the PvP'ers and one for the PvE'ers.  If I am not mistaken the core objective of the game was to connect the economy game ( crafters, etc ) with the CW's.   Why change the game?

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5039-ek-dungeoncampaigning/

Aww you remember.

My birthday is coming up. Adall is coming over and I can only hope you are too.

(Bring a gift)

Thanks in advance

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Surviving challenge

Kill count challenge

Dungeons

etc.

So, ACE could sell Elite Boss level mobs for players to purchase and put in their EK's which others could come in and try to kill.

I actually think this is ok.

So, ACE could sell Elite Boss level mobs for players to purchase and put in their EK's which others could come in and try to kill.

I actually think this is ok.

So you want ppl to avoid the CW's?  Believe it or not, THAT is exactly what they do in W101, buy your dungeon, place it at your house.  Invite your friends.  Thought we had a new kinda game here, maybe I was wrong.

So you want ppl to avoid the CW's?  Believe it or not, THAT is exactly what they do in W101, buy your dungeon, place it at your house.  Invite your friends.  Thought we had a new kinda game here, maybe I was wrong.

I never said that.  I said that if people want to buy a dungeon quality mob to place in their EK, that it wouldn't break the game or take away from the direction of CF.  It's literally allowing players to have a minigame in their EK. #norewardstho

Surviving challenge

Kill count challenge

Dungeons

etc.

Don't see the point of adding things when the target audience is PvP. Yes its sort of a sandbox but its more of a PvP sandbox. not sure what the merit of adding more "pals and shovels" when there really won't be anyone to use them. The handful that would certainly doesn't it make it worth the dev time and resources IMO.