Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Call it "escrow" instead of "embargo"

Jihan

An embargo is a flat ban on trade. An escrow is a temporary holding service where funds or goods are reserved, unavailable to either party to the transaction, until completion of a certain set of conditions.

The summoning circle mechanic is very clearly an escrow and has nothing to do with an embargo.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

An embargo is a flat ban on trade. An escrow is a temporary holding service where funds or goods are reserved, unavailable to either party to the transaction, until completion of a certain set of conditions.

The summoning circle mechanic is very clearly an escrow and has nothing to do with an embargo.

Agreed. I support this.

"Oh I'm sooooo gonna enjoy playing them Centaurs"

Escrow is not an accurate term for the game mechanic as it usually refers to money being held by a third-party on behalf of two transacting parties.

• There are not two persons involved in the exchange from CW to EK, just one (yourself)

Embargo, meanwhile, has a broader meaning than the OP is using. One such is;

• An order to temporarily stop something, especially trading or giving information.

Basically, an embargo keeps things in one place (CW) from being delivered to another place (EK) until some occurrence happens to cause the release of the embargo (the campaign ends)

So, you see, embargo really is the right term for this game mechanic.

No, the idea of embargo, even a temporary embargo, has no concept of reserved or inaccessible storage. You don't put things in an embargo and then get them out later.

If we envision exporting from campaigns as a transaction with the gods (who gets the percentage we don't keep, hmm?) then escrow is very clearly the right term.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

From the Embargo FAQ:

" Players can place items, resources, and materials into Embargo – basically, this is a way of “uploading” items to your Account Bank inside a Campaign. This can only be done at certain specific locations inside a Campaign, and items placed there are basically “in quarantine” until the Campaign is over. "

So the correct term would be Escrow, since you cant take out the stuff you put into the chest during the campaign, its being held there until the campaign is over.