Pann

ACE Q&A for June - Official discussion thread

For that you'd have to blame us :( ACE did a good job answering the questions but they only answer the questions the development partner asks. Questions are more based on personal interests or inquiries. A lot of the answers will end up being uncertain (example: combat development will change drastically) so it's hard to push the answers out of ACE. Instead, most questions relate more to in-depth comments, or clarifications.

I kinda figured, except they also put an official invitation for inquiries on the general forum and several undisclosed subjects were requested. It's kind of like, asking "hey, what do you want to know?", than not actually answering the solicited inquiry.

Anyway, I don't wanna make a big deal about it, it's just annoying.

That was an awesome Q&A, really happy to see new video even if some questions can't be answered at this time. If the ACE development partners lack inspiration for new questions, I'm pretty sure the rest of the community can give them some hints.  :P

Also, as Scribbles help us notice, funny reaction at 3:10.

The more news we get, the closer we're to playing the game.  :D

Edited by courant101

I guess they did inquire about kneeling even though there wasn't an answer.

How their approaching double jumping, Fae flight, collision and projectile targeting/behavior would have been far more compelling though.

That was an awesome Q&A, really happy to see new video even if some questions can't be answered at this time. If the ACE development partners lack inspiration for new questions, I'm pretty sure the rest of the community can give them some hints.  :P

Also, as Scribbles help us notice, funny reaction at 3:10.

1SSKkX.gif

The more news we get, the closer we're to playing the game.  :D

That lick though.

I

Can't

Unsee

Screen_Shot_2015_06_11_at_7_47_12_PM.png

I don't wanna be ungrateful, but did they cover any New information?, I'm pretty sure I heard all of this before or during kickstarter.

Also, a large part of the discussion had been leaked out as the forum used to be exposed on the DevTracker feed, which has been fixed.  So, some of the information flowed over into these forums earlier than it typically will in the future.

I got to say you've actually changed my mind on gear power.

I was originally more of the opinion that optimal gear and preparation for any character should be fairly hard to get and and maintain, and should be very powerful. Now, I am glad you are not going down that path :)

Easy come, easy go sounds definitely much more fun. You get to either win because you're working better as a group in the actual fight, or lose because you got outplayed, and then it's not the end of the world because you should be able to quickly make up for your loss.

I'm really enjoying these discussions so far, looking forward to more of this!

Rock on!

Edited by Krethys

That lick though.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_11_at_7_47_12_PM.png

Totally should be his new forum avatar.

Also +1 for Asymmetrically balanced classes.  Classes where the balance is focused on the class itself in what it does, it's focuses, various disciplines and roles. Instead of comparing it to others.  It has been a long time since I've played an MMO where each class depending on how you built it is really good at the things you make it really good at and would be smashed in a situation where you shouldn't be in.  None of this counter-class garbage, which I really despise.  Skill and intelligence should drive success, not gear or who you pick to counter who.  I miss when MMOs had that, been like 5 years since I last saw that in an MMO.

I miss the days when I could take 80% of someone's health out with a backstab or blow people up with a massive fireball.  

Problem is a lot of people used to focus on that rather than realizing the same classes that could do that would be pwned in a different situation, like running up to a gate where a guy with a shield and sword is standing there, he would absolutely wreck you because you can't get behind him because he is blocking the gate and you can't hit him with a ranged fireball because he has his shield pointed at you.

So is Blair just a larger archetype than JTC, or did he take the famine resistant rune? There's like a 50% size difference in that video.

Remember, the camera adds 10 pounds . . . . perhaps the Blair archetype had more cameras trained on him than JTC   DOH!

Remember, the camera adds 10 pounds . . . . perhaps the Blair archetype had more cameras trained on him than JTC   DOH!

Except that is an adage from when the TV aspect ratio was not the same as film, and CRTs stretched the image to fit both the size of the tube and the curved surface.  Now, what you see is what you get as long as your TV is set appropriately!  So chunk on!

lmao.  What the heck did Xander do to Todd?  The look he gives Val off screen when she says his name at the 3:10 mark.

LOL must've been something bad the look says it all!!!

Its great to see that these guys are human and they show it to the backers. So many people hide behind the name and dont do simple things like this video has done. One of the main reasons I backed this game. 

Great update, thanks gang!