Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

no, just no.

They don't really serve much of a purpose in a Pvp game otherwise.

I also hate the 'no just no' response of internet trolls. Like, I can really see the point you're trying to make... not.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

They don't really serve much of a purpose in a Pvp game otherwise.

I also hate the 'no just no' response of internet trolls. Like, I can really see the point you're trying to make... not.

Okey, let me try to explain my point then, so you understand.

Any PvP aspects in your imaginary fluffgarden, will detract noobs from joining campaigns.

The EK is for playing Barbie's Dreamhouse Party and grooming your pet dog... Not PvP.

Okey, let me try to explain my point then, so you understand.

Any PvP aspects in your imaginary fluffgarden, will detract noobs from joining campaigns.

The EK is for playing Barbie's Dreamhouse Party and grooming your pet dog... Not PvP.

I understand that thats what it will mostly be for, but I feel like the option should be there to have guild battles or something other than Barbie's Dreamhouse Party (lol).  I would just make sense to me, unless they let you have a specific guild fortress you built up and battled in against other guilds.

We are on the same side of this conversation (meaning we both don't really relish the idea of EKs) we just see the relitively little purpose they already have a little differently.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

I understand that thats what it will mostly be for, but I feel like the option should be there to have guild battles or something other than Barbie's Dreamhouse Party (lol).  I would just make sense to me, unless they let you have a specific guild fortress you built up and battled in against other guilds.

We are on the same side of this conversation (meaning we both don't really relish the idea of EKs) we just see the relitively little purpose they already have a little differently.

If you don't see the purpose of them, then ignore them. By design they are an optional part of the game. No need to force us to use them or alter the games design because a few might not use them as much as others.

I'm not solely interested in Arena pvp. I'm mostly interested in the 1 year to 3 month campaigns. I'm not sure what the big deal is about wanting a guild wars component where you build your own keeps. Optional, like I said.

I'm not solely interested in Arena pvp. I'm mostly interested in the 1 year to 3 month campaigns. I'm not sure what the big deal is about wanting a guild wars component where you build your own keeps. Optional, like I said.

Nothing wrong at all, its just not really in the design of this game.

People will build fortresses in EK's because they look cool, not for any tactical reason.

I don't get all the hate for EKs, it's just a different way to play the game. If people want to use their stuff from CWs to play minecraft lite then let them. If you don't want to then don't.

Just because people are spending a lot of time in EK doesn't mean that if there wasn't an EK they'd be in a CW, they'd probably be in a different game.

Do not wish it is easier, wish you were better.

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.

I read every post in this thread and the others like it.  My honest opinion is that it is too soon to tell, everything in speculative, and we need to chill and see what the developers have in store for us.  Pushing hard on things like this sometimes end very badly.

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

I hope that EK is just somewhere you can go and chill out for like 30 minutes after you already have been playing for a long time and just want to have somewhere to talk to friends still while someone maybe is going afk or just taking a scheduled break.

Benefits of this is you can still talk to your friends or keep up with guild talk (useful if you are a higher rank in a guild because you can monitor whats going on still even if you aren't participating at that moment).

Also you can take a minute and just look something up or whatever without having to worry about being pwned or needlessly turning the game off/logging out just if you are taking a short moment to do what you need to. But since we still don't have a lot of info yet I think it's best to just wait and see.

I read every post in this thread and the others like it.  My honest opinion is that it is too soon to tell, everything in speculative, and we need to chill and see what the developers have in store for us.  Pushing hard on things like this sometimes end very badly.

Yes it is very early but many people are not reading what is availiable...

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4890-032015-eternal-kingdoms/

The FAQ clearly outlines many options for each EK depending on what rule set the head honcho lists.  This includes EK PvP...

What can players do in my Kingdom?

As the Monarch, you control the administration of your Kingdom. You can set the PvP rules, collect taxes, and grant provinces to other players, making them nobles of your Kingdom.

I honestly think EKs will add layers to this game.  For those who want to PvP 24/7 the CWs will be a playground.  But the EK are where this becomes a Game of Thrones simulator.  Making your EK an Mercantile Empire will have great rewards for individuals but more so for guilds and alliances if my reading of their intent is correct.

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

I like the idea of having arena or tournament type events ran by the monarch. Winner can get items, gold, etc. Reminds me of the knights joust tournaments.

The EK is relevant to any import CW. The thing that will make EKs of any importance or not is if in the no-import CW if you can still use gold that you earned in EK to buy items from traders inside of the CW. If not, then EK have no relevancy to the dregs CW other than maybe granting some buffs from relics. Does anyone know if no-import means no gold either? I can understand not bringing in items or materials but allowing gold in so you can buy stuff in the CW when crafters get around to creating items then that might be a nice compromise to make EK relevant to the game without breaking things too much.

Does anyone know if no-import means no gold either? I can understand not bringing in items or materials but allowing gold in so you can buy stuff in the CW when crafters get around to creating items then that might be a nice compromise to make EK relevant to the game without breaking things too much.

that's why they call the terminator rulesets.... you spawn in totally nekkid...

where'd you stash that gold, eh?

Edited by freeze

I can see training PvP in the EK's.  Using the safer environment to up skills and get muscle memory for skills in place.   I can see player generated events and tourneys.  I can see a player built maze EK with folks running around PvP'ing.  There are a lot of ways that PvP can be brought into the EK's by the players.

But I don't see a need for CF devs to build in special events for people to PvP.  Just like I don't see the devs needing to build out special crafting contests or thrall weightlifting competitions.  Just as in the CW, the EK's are a sandbox and the goal is to have the devs build the structure so emergent gameplay can build the content. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

that's why they call the terminator rulesets.... you spawn in totally nekkid...

where'd you stash that gold, eh?

Totally agree, way less hardcore.

My concern is that gold would not matter in this game then.

Anyone playing in this ruleset have no incentive to participate in the overall economy. They would have no incentive to export anything out and all of those items would not be available in the trading houses. In other words, it makes that game style more of a really, really, really, long MOBA style match. Why would you export to sell if gold had no bearing on anything that you do in the game?

There is absolutely no purpose in "practicing" PvP outside of the Campaign Worlds. Zero (0) purpose at all. Just play. There is absolutely no behavior you can undertake outside a Campaign World that will prepare you better for PvP in a Campaign World than just playing in the Campaign World. Want to get better at timing your ability usage? Do it in the Campaign World. Want to get better at aiming a projectile? Do it in the Campaign World. Every single thing that will make you better at PvP is most-effectively practiced by actually doing it in real environments and circumstances. This isn't a MOBA with empty "achievements". You don't have to care about personal statistics. Just fight, and stop caring if you die. Only real experience will make you better. Nothing else. Every moment you spend in your EK is time you are not spending benefiting a Campaign World. Even if you suck at PvP, sucking at PvP in a Campaign World is more beneficial to your side than not being there at all, because you're participating (immediate benefit) and improving (future benefit).

Wanting to "practice" PvP in an EK is either gross ignorance or an outright lie. You pick.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

My concern is that gold would not matter in this game then.

It wouldn't

Take the Gold and shove it someplace dark together with the EK.

We honestly don't need neither to play in the ruleset that really matters to most players.

There is absolutely no purpose in "practicing" PvP outside of the Campaign Worlds. Zero (0) purpose at all. Just play. There is absolutely no behavior you can undertake outside a Campaign World that will prepare you better for PvP in a Campaign World than just playing in the Campaign World. Want to get better at timing your ability usage? Do it in the Campaign World. Want to get better at aiming a projectile? Do it in the Campaign World. Every single thing that will make you better at PvP is most-effectively practiced by actually doing it in real environments and circumstances. This isn't a MOBA with empty "achievements". You don't have to care about personal statistics. Just fight, and stop caring if you die. Only real experience will make you better. Nothing else. Every moment you spend in your EK is time you are not spending benefiting a Campaign World. Even if you suck at PvP, sucking at PvP in a Campaign World is more beneficial to your side than not being there at all, because you're participating (immediate benefit) and improving (future benefit).

Wanting to "practice" PvP in an EK is either gross ignorance or an outright lie. You pick.

Agree with your first paragraph, the second one is a bit harsh. There are valid reasons for PVP in an EK. One would be to test builds with a partner without interference, this is normally done to test mechanics/see if tooltips are correct, etc. Another reason is if the CW are grossly laggy and completely zerging. If can't actually handle large scale battles and you want to do some small scale stuff for fun without lag. Third might be to duel for bragging rights and improve individual skill. Running in a zerg makes it so you don't normally develop individual skills for the times you do find yourself in a 1v1, 1vX situation.

It wouldn't

Take the Gold and shove it someplace dark together with the EK.

We honestly don't need neither to play in the ruleset that really matters to most players.

Okay then you have a 1-12 month long MOBA then.