Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

You are not telling me that the defining factor of the entire MMO genre is based on gold and housing?

Seriously?

You EK fluffers are some loonies, honestly.

Not at all, but tell me how there is a persistent progression then?

Permanent progression is what defines a MMO versus a MOBA style match where you start each game with nothing and have to progress, then start over again and have to progress.

I am open to hearing how you think the dregs would offer a permanent progression?

If there isn't one, then I'll just be a fluffer in another CW, which is completely fine.

Different strokes for different folks as they say ;)

Not at all, but tell me how there is a persistent progression then?

Your character has permanent progression. Your chosen Archetype will lvl up skills and become stronger over time.

The curve isnt very steep, but its there.

The Dregs has no progression outside of each campaign, but it has lots of progression inside it. With building forts, crafting better gear, looting relics, artifacts.

Why do I even have to explain this.

I do understand how the dregs works. And ironically how it has the best rewards but those rewards don't even matter to the ones that will get them because they can't use them in the dregs and those great rewards they could sell but then gold has no value to them. Are you starting to see how this has a direct effect on the game economy?

I do understand how the dregs works. And ironically how it has the best rewards but those rewards don't even matter to the ones that will get them because they can't use them in the dregs and those great rewards they could sell but then gold has no value to them. Are you starting to see how this has a direct effect on the game economy?

Not really, because crafters that really want the best resources that come out of the dregs, have paypal.

I will gladly export a lot of resources out to the fluffers for some $$

Not really, because crafters that really want the best resources that come out of the dregs, have paypal.

Haha fair enough.

And where did you see ACE allowing sales for RL cash off their intellectual property again? If you haven't noticed most companies frown on you profiting from their product in a revenue stream that they could put in place. At that point why not make this a Chinese gold seller friendly game and let them all in?

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

And where did you see ACE allowing sales for RL cash off their intellectual property again? If you haven't noticed most companies frown on you profiting from their product in a revenue stream that they could put in place. At that point why not make this a Chinese gold seller friendly game and let them all in?

The salt..

People will always find a way to RMT, it has happen in every single mmo ever to date, even the ones that wont allow trading.

If you don't want RMT, find a reason why a 0% import player should sell his resources to crafters that need it then?

The salt..

People will always find a way to RMT, it has happen in every single mmo ever to date, even the ones that wont allow trading.

If you don't want RMT, find a reason why a 0% import player should sell his resources to crafters that need it then?

Oh no, I agree RMT will always happen, but using an "illegal game activity" to justify your point is asinine, I expected more from you zinnie.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Oh no, I agree RMT will always happen, but using an "illegal game activity" to justify your point is asinine, I expected more from you zinnie.

Again, what other alternative way does a crafter have to get resources from me?

I have no use for his items

I don't have an EK

I only run 0% import campaigns

If anything, its bad gamedesign, and if this goes live, RMT will be one way for people to handle it.

Sometimes you have to tell people the truth, even if they dont like it.

The salt..

Thal thing (Game-Farming) started with Ultima Online times.

As these were the first commercial MMORPGs, they werent aware that this would become a thing when they developed the game. And when it happened they were kinda shocked and suprised, because this wasnt the purpose they had in mind when they were making the game. Its an abusement in the mind of the creators of the game how their product is misused.

This wave had its big boom in WoW with a big audience around the whole world finding out that you can make real money with it, much real money.

But the awareness of the developers in regard to this abusement has become bigger and bigger. They made clear in their rules of conduct and stuff that you ahve to accept when you play the game, that they dont want these things with their games.

The western websites for trading, the big trading hubs for online items and currencys are long gone by now. The gold rush for online items and currencys is long over.

Because the developers are by now aware of this matter and create their games in a way, where there is too little benefit from abusing their game for selfish people and their own intents. There is just too little till no benefit for farming anymore in games, if you want to make an economical profit with it.

I would be very disappointed from ACE if they wouldnt be aware of this matter and wouldnt gonna create their game in a way where such things have no place. Because they build the game in a way, that there is just no incentive for doing so in their game.

If there is little to no incentive in a game for abusing it, then this is the best way to avoid such unintended intents towards your product, because such practices just arent beneficial to the game, whether for ACE, nor for the gamers.

And because of that I am sure ACE is going to build the game in a way to avoid such unintended misusing.

I got confidence in ACE, they got much experience in online gaming and I am sure they are aware of this matter.

Incentives for farming are long gone from the western MMO sphere, and thats a very good, maybe the best thing that happened in the near past to MMO.

Because it also makes the quality of the games better too, if there are no incentives for farming/grinding, I would say.

So lets hope ACE doesnt make a step backwards with Crowfall, back into the farming era, but instead makes a step forward into even a new era, which is unseen till today, but existing in the minds of many people already several years, who are bored by always again getting the same game with 1 or 2 minor or major twists.

I am very confident for this to happen.

Even if it means going a step back into by now almost forgotten or disregarded tribes of the MMO-evolution-tree, in order to be able to go a step forward, like Raph Koster said.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I so thoroughly enjoy the rending of hair, gnashing of teeth, and salt tears of people who hate the concept of EK. It's so funny! Often, these are the same people, like zinnie, who demand that the game cater to their highly specific desires, yet they don't wish for others to enjoy the same benefit. 

Man, the whine is overpowering. Think we need some cheese and crackers to go with it. 

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I so thoroughly enjoy the rending of hair, gnashing of teeth, and salt tears of people who hate the concept of EK. It's so funny! Often, these are the same people, like zinnie, who demand that the game cater to their highly specific desires, yet they don't wish for others to enjoy the same benefit. 

Man, the whine is overpowering. Think we need some cheese and crackers to go with it. 

Iri~

Where did you hear me whine?

I said I am going to earn mad dough by selling rare resources from harder campaigns to the fluffers hiding in their EK's.

But people seem to have a problem with RMT, its surprising to me.

Where did you hear me whine?

I said I am going to earn mad dough by selling rare resources from harder campaigns to the fluffers hiding in their EK's.

But people seem to have a problem with RMT, its surprising to me.

You complain on and on about how we who like the EK AND crafters must be fluffers hiding in our EKs. That's an erroneous stereotype for most of us here who craft and plan to establish thriving EKs. 

I'm certain that I'm not alone as a crafter who plans to get most of my resources from MY OWN EFFORTS in the campaign worlds. I simply don't appreciate the constant harping and whining about how the EKs will ruin the game and somehow deprive y'all anti-EK people easy targets. Cause that's what this is really about; y'all want everyone to be forced to submit to a highly specific ruleset that favors your style of gameplay. If that doesn't happen, DOOM to Crowfall, say the Cassandras, of which you are one, zinnie. 

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

You complain on and on about how we who like the EK AND crafters must be fluffers hiding in our EKs. That's an erroneous stereotype for most of us here who craft and plan to establish thriving EKs. 

I'm certain that I'm not alone as a crafter who plans to get most of my resources from MY OWN EFFORTS in the campaign worlds. I simply don't appreciate the constant harping and whining about how the EKs will ruin the game and somehow deprive y'all anti-EK people easy targets. Cause that's what this is really about; y'all want everyone to be forced to submit to a highly specific ruleset that favors your style of gameplay. If that doesn't happen, DOOM to Crowfall, say the Cassandras, of which you are one, zinnie. 

Iri~

Did I hit a nerve?

You fluffers still haven't answer my question tho.

ACE have stated that higher difficulty bands will have rarer resources that you would need to craft higher tier useless stuff.

If you don't want to join me in The Dregs, how will you then achieve these rare resources when you have absolutely nothing to offer me in return?

Did I hit a nerve?

You fluffers still haven't answer my question tho.

ACE have stated that higher difficulty bands will have rarer resources that you would need to craft higher tier useless stuff.

If you don't want to join me in The Dregs, how will you then achieve these rare resources when you have absolutely nothing to offer me in return?

Chances are if someone is swimming in rare resources they are part of some organization that has goals.  VIP token currency will always have value in some way shape or form to large organizations. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

You have a source for this statement?

So far as I know all rare resources can be found in all of the campaigns in any band. The band difficulty will only determine how much you can export from them.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

You have a source for this statement?

So far as I know all rare resources can be found in all of the campaigns in any band. The band difficulty will only determine how much you can export from them.

Nah they said you are going to have to venture to the harder bands to find the rarer resources...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Nah they said you are going to have to venture to the harder bands to find the rarer resources...

Trying to look up the exact quote

Edited by zinnie

Trying to look up the exact quote

Ty. I'm not saying you're wrong, I might just have understood it wrong. The Economy FAQ doesn't mention your statement at all.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!