Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

Ty. I'm not saying you're wrong, I might just have understood it wrong. The Economy FAQ doesn't mention your statement at all.

After looking for a bit, I found this one:

https://crowfall.com/#/news/coin-of-the-realm

"- We are going to scatter precious metals throughout (and IN) the worlds. As with all other materials, the quality and quantity will skew heavily towards the riskier campaign worlds (keeping with our philosophy that greater risk should yield greater rewards)."

Edited by zinnie

The way I'm reading that quote is that, yes, you get greater rewards in the riskier bands. But that doesn't mean some of these materials are to be found exclusively there.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

The way I'm reading that quote is that, yes, you get greater rewards in the riskier bands. But that doesn't mean some of these materials are to be found exclusively there.

They also say the quality is skewed in favor of the riskier campaigns... That means literally that better materials will be found a lot easier in the higher-end campaigns.

Which was my point from the beginning. You can join a carebear campaign, but you wont necessarily find the materials you are looking for. 

Edited by zinnie

And my point has always been where exactly it was ever stated that the VISION was to pander to all kinds of play styles?  Perhaps the VISION was just hyperbole, though.  JTC is excellent at it.  All I can hope is this STORY which is CF is not the same one, same kind as all the others that have been told ad nauseum.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Again, what other alternative way does a crafter have to get resources from me?

I have no use for his items

I don't have an EK

I only run 0% import campaigns

If anything, its bad gamedesign, and if this goes live, RMT will be one way for people to handle it.

Sometimes you have to tell people the truth, even if they dont like it.

You're one player out of many. If you think all Dregs and 0% Import/export players have your same mindset then you're a bit off base. Not all players will only play on ruleset exclusively either. There will be things that people put value on that doesn't lead to RMT. The system is being design with the trade of resource's in mind.

You're one player out of many. If you think all Dregs and 0% Import/export players have your same mindset then you're a bit off base. Not all players will only play on ruleset exclusively either. There will be things that people put value on that doesn't lead to RMT. The system is being design with the trade of resource's in mind.

feel free to point out the dregs player, that knows what he's getting into and at the same time is willing to trade off those ressources for other ingame "goodies" :)

Did I hit a nerve?

You fluffers still haven't answer my question tho.

ACE have stated that higher difficulty bands will have rarer resources that you would need to craft higher tier useless stuff.

If you don't want to join me in The Dregs, how will you then achieve these rare resources when you have absolutely nothing to offer me in return?

No, you didn't hit a nerve, I'm just tired of the same old socks, the chorus of DOOM, the constant nattering on about how an integral part of the CF experience is so awful, will kill the game, blah, blah, blah. This is pretty old, repetitive, and hasn't produced any particular value for the general audience of the game. It certainly hasn't resulted in the removal of EKs from the game, as so many of the posters fervently wish would happen. 

I intend to gear up my team, earn a name as a crafter, and build a thriving EK business, all while playing whichever ruleset fits my mood at the time. There ARE more than one ruleset; consider that other people might enjoy them due to differing playstyles. Not all of us who enjoy pvp enjoy the Dregs-style of combat. In my case, I'm a cooperative player, I enjoy playing as part of a solid group, and other rulesets are more appealing to me. I don't particularly like the low export from the Dregs, so that's not gonna be my favorite ruleset. I want more materials for my efforts than the Dregs is likely to offer. That doesn't make me, or anyone else a fluffer, it just makes me different from you. Different doesn't imply inferior, weak, etc. as you seem to think. I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it. 

Here's a question: Do you ever plan to play a ruleset that requires team cooperation? Does that make you a fluffer, too? 

It's simple: Don't like the EKs, don't go there. But it's probably not a good idea to alienate the very people you expect to buy your materials. 

Iri~

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

feel free to point out the dregs player, that knows what he's getting into and at the same time is willing to trade off those ressources for other ingame "goodies" :)

When the game goes live, you'll see for yourself. There will be almost as many preferences and playstyles as there are players. If you think a few of yours ways of playing is what the majority will do then well not much else can say besides maybe check your ego and check back into reality.

When the game goes live, you'll see for yourself. There will be almost as many preferences and playstyles as there are players. If you think a few of yours ways of playing is what the majority will do then well not much else can say besides maybe check your ego and check back into reality.

I don't think I said any of that, but you keep hallucinating my friend.

That was the point though, so go and re-read above posts if you're confused on what's being talked about.

I asked you to point out a dregs player, that knows what he's egtting into and is willing to trade off his ressources.

Then you blabbered something about majorities and checking ones ego and whatnot.

Of course there will be more players daisy-pickin in the outer bands. I never said anything different.

But look at iri's post. She doesn't even properly understand what the playstyle in the dregs will be.

Now feel free to answer my quetsion and present me with people that are going to sell you exported dregs ressources.

And remember for that to happen, this person needs to be able to win such a campaign.

I'm eagerly waiting buddy.

I don't need to do anything besides wait till launch and you'll see how players will chose to engage in the economy regardless of ruleset choice. Your question is obviously un-answerable right now believe that's called a red herring? as there is no list or source of said info. I'm basing my point on common sense and experience with these games. You're free to keep thinking everyone else will just follow lock step with your narrow mined view but the rest of us will continue to live in reality.

oh yes I forgot... your vast experience in MMOs with asset destruction and the consequential economy

and no, it wasn't a red herring...

all you needed was to point me towards a person, that you know, that expressed interest in winning a dregs campaign because of the person's drive to support an EK economy...

Whether that perosn has a chance of winning is then up for debate. But you should at least be able to name a few, right?

Because that is what you're arguing. Atm I only know people of a different mindset and that is the one zinnie laid out in detail.

Now help me meet new people pang :wub:

Edited by freeze

But look at iri's post. She doesn't even properly understand what the playstyle in the dregs will be.

Please DO mansplain to me the Dregs playstyle. I'm certain there MUST be only one way to play correctly, and equally certain that you know the secret to it all. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Please DO mansplain to me the Dregs playstyle. I'm certain there MUST be only one way to play correctly, and equally certain that you know the secret to it all. 

your choice of words makes me think you don't really want to hear it :)

I'll make it brief:

the dregs WILL require tons of teamwork... way more than the other bands.

So your question about whether zinnie wants to ever play a campign that requires "team cooperation" is as redundant as it can be.

But it's probably not a good idea to alienate the very people you expect to buy your materials.

But he doesn't expect you to buy his materials. What could you possibly give him in return that he would care about?

If a player does not care about EK and gets no import, there is no value in anything outside the campaign. Thus, there is no value in export, except RMT. You will never have anything he wants with which to buy his export.

How are you so utterly failing to grasp this reality?

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it. 

A fluffer is a person that likes fluff i.e pets, dresses, jewelry, houses, interior decorating, prom nights and in-game fashion shows.

This game was advertised as Play2Crush, a HC PVP MMO compared to EvE and Game of Thrones.. Cutthroat, evil, hard.

"A game not for everyone" -Todd

By looking at these forum posts, this must be false advertising, because I don't see this anywhere.

The EK has nothing to do in such a game, its just a place where people can play house and groom their imaginary pet dogs.

Edited by zinnie

But he doesn't expect you to buy his materials. What could you possibly give him in return that he would care about?

If a player does not care about EK and gets no import, there is no value in anything outside the campaign. Thus, there is no value in export, except RMT. You will never have anything he wants with which to buy his export.

Like I pointed out though, that's just one point of view, one way to play. I'm confident there will be many players who play on those rulesets that do want to engage in the economy and EKs.

(no I don't keep a list of every poster and future players personal preferences, I simply use common sense and experience to base my views on) 

Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

HAHAHA This is absolutely hilarious.

Yes, we're all too-well aware of the indomitable, and totally baseless, confidence you have in your worldview.

Holy crap, so funny! HAHAHA

I haven't failed to grasp anything. I just disagree with your opinion about the EK, and I don't share your particular playstyle. 

Perhaps you've failed to grasp the fact that the idea of the EK has been part of CF from the very start. Were you here for that? You know, the early months of information drops? I fail to understand how you and others like you haven't given the custard up on the whining and crying about something you don't like about the game. 

Iri~