Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

your choice of words makes me think you don't really want to hear it :)

I'll make it brief:

the dregs WILL require tons of teamwork... way more than the other bands.

So your question about whether zinnie wants to ever play a campign that requires "team cooperation" is as redundant as it can be.

Right; a confirmed source for this will be absolutely welcome. Otherwise, you're speculating. I'm quite certain people will find ways to avoid concerted teamwork in the Dregs, if teamwork isn't their thing. Where there's a will, there's a way, especially with gamers. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Perhaps you've failed to grasp the fact that the idea of the EK has been part of CF from the very start. Were you here for that? You know, the early months of information drops? I fail to understand how you and others like you haven't given the custard up on the whining and crying about something you don't like about the game. 

oh, we were there in the beginning.

We shut down every stupid forum suggestion pertaining the EK.

EK dungeons, EK bosses, EK pvp arenas.

Its like the fluffers are on repeat and fail to grasp reality.

Right; a confirmed source for this will be absolutely welcome. Otherwise, you're speculating. I'm quite certain people will find ways to avoid concerted teamwork in the Dregs, if teamwork isn't their thing. Where there's a will, there's a way, especially with gamers. 

You're awfully confident about an awful lot of things. You're so confident the EK will be a rich, feature-filled experience, yet you have absolutely no evidence of that. You can build a stronghold, you can put buildings in that stronghold, you can setup vendor thralls, and you can setup relics and whatever the other thing is that's a relic but has a different name. Beyond that, you have zero (0) confirmed features. Yet you're bagging on other people for what you claim are their assumptions. zinnie at least has the evidence of the multitude of statements and indications Todd and Gordon and Blair have given that this will be a PvP-focused game.

What evidence do you have?

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

here we go iri:

No, the Dregs is the ruleset you guys are going to want.  I picked the Dregs first because we might not have made ANY stretch goals, and I wanted to make sure you guys were covered on the core experience.  

Once it was apparent we were going to be able to do more, I went back to 3 faction, because I was trying to test the edge cases of the design.

Then we picked 12 faction, because it supports the narrative.

Honestly, it was a gut call on which one should be done and in which order.  I think this is the right approach.

Todd

ACE

and now guess what "we" want :)

You're awfully confident about an awful lot of things. You're so confident the EK will be a rich, feature-filled experience, yet you have absolutely no evidence of that. You can build a stronghold, you can put buildings in that stronghold, you can setup vendor thralls, and you can setup relics and whatever the other thing is that's a relic but has a different name. Beyond that, you have zero (0) confirmed features. Yet you're bagging on other people for what you claim are their assumptions. zinnie at least has the evidence of the multitude of statements and indications Todd and Gordon and Blair have given that this will be a PvP-focused game.

What evidence do you have?

I AM confident. I got on board with the ideas of a dev team who are making anew sort of game, and I'm excited to see it all unfold. I have no problems with anything ACE has done as of yet, nor do I need to speculate wildly beyond published information. The hyperbolic knell of doom y'all keep dishing is just really tiresome after all this time. 

I was, and remain, fully aware of the intent of this game, and I've stuck with it, even when it looked like Dregs was pretty much all ACE would deliver anytime soon. I'm a bit alloyed that there's no crafting information to speak of, but I can wait. I think the EK is a fun concept, and it adds depth to an otherwise repetitive kill-die-respawn sort of thing. 

You're welcome to deliver proof that I'm a sparkly carebear fluffer, but I doubt you'll find anything I've written in these forums that indicates that  to be true. Go ahead. It's a challenge. 

In the meantime, EKs are fine, they won't ruin the game, some people will stay in their EKs, most of us will not, and life will go on. 

Iri~

Iri~

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

You're welcome to deliver proof that I'm a sparkly carebear fluffer, but I doubt you'll find anything I've written in these forums that indicates that  to be true. Go ahead. It's a challenge. 

"I intend to gear up my team, earn a name as a crafter, and build a thriving EK business"

No PvP'er with a shred of self-respect would play anything other than 0% Import, hence no "EK business"

To get back on track with the actual discussion and not having to read the useless banter, would a ruleset without any export and import suit the needs for some of us?

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

"I intend to gear up my team, earn a name as a crafter, and build a thriving EK business"

No PvP'er with a shred of self-respect would play anything other than 0% Import, hence no "EK business"

Well, that's my gamer style. Doesn't mean that I'm asking for PvE, easy rulesets, etc. I just have more than one facet of gaming interest to satisfy. Which brings us back to the EKs, and the fact that many backers and players are just like me. A little pvp, a little crafting, a little business. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

This IS a game, after all. It isn't my actual life, and it really isn't important to me to be a "real" PvPer. You should be happy to have balanced players in the mix; we're the people who will keep the monies flowing long after the displeased and disillusioned have run along to the next new thing. 

You should be happy to have balanced players in the mix; we're the people who will keep the monies flowing long after the displeased and disillusioned have run along to the next new thing. 

yea, back to the old "PvE'ers will keep the game going" straw-man.

At least I know you have run out of arguments.

I'll ask you again, since you obviously are the supreme leader of all pertaining the EK:

"If I play in a 0% ruleset, and crafters from the EK wants my resources, what can they offer me in return for said resources?"

"If I play in a 0% ruleset, and crafters from the EK wants my resources, what can they offer me in return for said resources?"

Money.

Thralls.

Relics.

Artifacts.

"out of game" Services. (Like fan art or video editing)

"in game" Services. (Like helping you out in the CW, buying allies)

OS_Sig3.png

Okay ... I definitely don't agree with this.  :huh: Because I want to maintain a (guild) EK doesn't mean I do not want to PvP or will play PvP ... That you consider me no 'real' PvPer, that is your opinion, but a bit narrow minded I think. Even a bit insulting.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Money.  

Thralls.

Relics.

Artifacts.

"out of game" Services. (Like fan art or video editing)

"in game" Services. (Like helping you out in the CW, buying allies)

1: yep, RMT will be a big part of trading resources.

2: no use for them, wont be in an EK.

3: depends if bonuses stack or not, if they dont, you just need the one.

4: same as above:

5: Agreed, good point.

6: Also a very good point.

I like you Noc, you actually bring something to the discussion rather than complain.

yea, back to the old "PvE'ers will keep the game going" straw-man.

At least I know you have run out of arguments.

I'll ask you again, since you obviously are the supreme leader of all pertaining the EK:

Here's a hint, theres no real "PvE" in this game, hence no "PvEr's". Just different types of PvP styles. I know its hard to fathom that not everyone wants to play exactly like you do but its a concept you'll need to come to terms with eventually. or don't your choice but in the grand scheme of things you're just one type of player among many.

Okay ... I definitely don't agree with this.  :huh: Because I want to maintain a (guild) EK doesn't mean I do not want to PvP or will play PvP ... That you consider me no 'real' PvPer, that is your opinion, but a bit narrow minded I think. Even a bit insulting.

well, I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings, that would be bad.

We have to protect the feelings of everyone, and not insult the precious integrity of other players.

You have to be kidding me right? 

1: yep, RMT will be a big part of trading resources.

2: no use for them, wont be in an EK.

3: depends if bonuses stack or not, if they dont, you just need the one.

4: same as above:

5: Agreed, good point.

6: Also a very good point.

I like you Noc, you actually bring something to the discussion rather than complain.

Thralls can be used to imbue gear. I'd say that's beneficial to PvPers?

OS_Sig3.png

Thralls can be used to imbue gear. I'd say that's beneficial to PvPers?

Even if he could somehow benefit from thralls, how is an EKer going to have better access to thralls than a Dregser, who is getting the most and best thralls in the first place?

This is the core problem with the current persistence design: the people getting the most and best stuff out of CWs want that stuff the least, and have little or no in-game incentive to trade it to the people who want it more.

Edited by hamopeche

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Even if he could somehow benefit from thralls, how is an EKer going to have better access to thralls than a Dregser, who is getting the most and best thralls in the first place?

This is the core problem with the current persistence design: the people getting the most and best stuff out of CWs want that stuff the least, and have little or no in-game incentive to trade it to the people who want it more.

That RNG. You might find a Thrall that benefits a crafter. But the crafter might have found one that increases weapon damage by 10% when imbued to the weapon. (we have no clue what the Thralls can do, so this one is speculation) Point being, due to pure chance, you might not have found a thrall, let alone one you can use. While someone else might have found a thrall that they don't need.

But zinnie has the right of it. The only trading of Thralls in a 0% import CW would be in the campaign, weeding out any trade on the EK. It would only be coincidence if that other player happened to like EKs and/or crafting.

So yeah, I guess that one is on very specific circumstances.  

OS_Sig3.png

Point being, due to pure chance, you might not have found a thrall, let alone one you can use. While someone else might have found a thrall that they don't need.

Yeah, I get it, sure. My point is that that scenario has to be likely to occur with reliable frequency in order for there to be anything meaningful to offer. Because the Dregser has superior access to thralls, it's going to be unlikely to occur, and therefore the EKer does not have a reliable vector for trade. A rare possibility doesn't make it a viable system.