Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

Yeah, I get it, sure. My point is that that scenario has to be likely to occur with reliable frequency in order for there to be anything meaningful to offer. Because the Dregser has superior access to thralls, it's going to be unlikely to occur, and therefore the EKer does not have a reliable vector for trade. A rare possibility doesn't make it a viable system.

The Dregs would not have superior access to thralls or even resources, the nature of the rule set is 100% for the winner and 0 % for the loser while others have 80% / 20 % (or whatever %'s are there)  it is safe to assume that in the Dregs player would consume the vast majority of his/her resources in order to win that campaign whereas someone in the shadows might be a little bit more conservative in what they use therefore balancing the resources that are moved into the embargo.

Edited by Uyathefox

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

The Dregs would not have superior access to thralls or even resources, the nature of the rule set is 100% for the winner and 0 % for the loser while others have 80% / 20 % (or whatever %'s are there)  it is safe to assume that in the Dregs player would consume the vast majority of his/her resources in order to win that campaign whereas someone in the shadows might be a little bit more conservative in what they use therefore balancing the resources that are moved into the embargo.

Could you elaborate on why you think that is?

Why would someone in the shadows need less ressources?

The Dregs would not have superior access to thralls though, the nature of the rule set is 100% for the winner and 0 % for the loser while others have 80% / 20 % (or whatever %'s are there)  it is safe to assume that in the Dregs player would consume the vast majority of his/her resources in order to win that campaign whereas someone in the shadows might be a little bit more conservative in what they use therefore balancing the resources that are moved into the embargo.

You're conflating topics. We were positing a hypothetical scenario in which Dregsers could possibly care about getting thralls from EKers. You're suddenly bringing in the topic of export, which negates that hypothetical, because it necessitates consideration of import, which is 0%, and thus removes any possibility of Dregsers caring what EKers are offering.

Either stay within the confines of the hypothetical, or don't participate in it.

Edited by hamopeche

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Could you elaborate on why you think that is?

Why would someone in the shadows need less ressources?

It comes down to mentality. In an all or nothing situation, I'm sure to use everything I have in order to win. Where in other rule sets, I believe the thought would be, "lets see how much I can get away with". I'm saying its about using less to achieve more, knowing you'll get away with at least something in the end.

YhuWX9S.png

You're conflating topics. We were positing a hypothetical scenario in which Dregsers could possibly care about getting thralls from EKers. You're suddenly bringing in the topic of export, which negates that hypothetical, because it necessitates consideration of import, which is 0%, and thus removes any possibility of Dregsers caring what EKers are offering.

Either stay within the confines of the hypothetical, or don't participate in it.

So we are still working with the idea that anyone who plays on the Dregs will never give any custards for EKs? I just don't see how can make that insinuation that no one that plays in Dregs will care for using or maintaining an EK. Can argue how many of that group may or may not care about the greater economy and EKs but none? Think that's a bit far fetched.

I don't understand then, the only scenario where a dreger would possibly care about getting thralls from EKer's is if they cared about the EK, their guild and the economy, there are no other hypothetical because dregers cannot import. This of course makes the topic of exports absolutely relevant.

YhuWX9S.png

Think about PvE in Crowfall in the same way you'd think about PvP in most other games. It'll be a "tacked on" experience, which certainly isn't the point or object of the game. Mostly, it'll serve as a point of contention for more PvP, especially in the case of Thralls and other "rare spawns". 

I agree with Hamo and others about the lack of incentive for Dregs-based players to engage in any part of the EK meta. These are the types of people who J. Todd himself described as not being interested at all in the EK's. They'll have large caches of the rarest resources, and no real reason to do anything with them. Sure, they could sell them back in the EK's for vastly inflated sums (rarity of resources + the indifferent preferences of the seller), but they could also just hoard them. 

Imagine a player sitting in a barren, underdeveloped EK, with just enough buildings for him and his guild to store relics and other Campaign relevant items. When he goes to his stronghold and enters his vault, however, it is filled with all the riches of the campaigns he and his have won- enough to build a splendorous Kingdom and equip all his homies with the best equipment.

Then again, perhaps we're thinking on too small a scale. What if a large alliance maintained a chapter in multiple (or even all possible) rulesets? What if their Dregs and Shadows players exported their resources back to a nexus for multiple guilds, wherein said resources were used to build up the EK for crafting and trading. The resulting gear could then be used by the Alliance's chapters within the 3 and 12 faction rulesets. The inner band pvp'ers get the competitive experience they want, offloading their spoils onto crafters who get what they want, while the outer band pvp'ers get the logistical support that they want. Players from any one of these groups then has a place to engage in any of the other activities the Alliance offers, which allows the whole structure some flexibility. Need more players for your Dregs campaign? Put a call out on the Alliance's message boards for Crafters and Outer Band PvP'ers from other chapters to come help. 

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Did I hit a nerve?

You fluffers still haven't answer my question tho.

ACE have stated that higher difficulty bands will have rarer resources that you would need to craft higher tier useless stuff.

If you don't want to join me in The Dregs, how will you then achieve these rare resources when you have absolutely nothing to offer me in return?

You have a source for this statement?

So far as I know all rare resources can be found in all of the campaigns in any band. The band difficulty will only determine how much you can export from them.

Ty. I'm not saying you're wrong, I might just have understood it wrong. The Economy FAQ doesn't mention your statement at all.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/description

4ec1bb721608cac8d1a40e3aef39a17a_origina

8899064045f7562b4e6e89558ed3d54d_origina

f5fb8fcfad5b87775f83f8e6cc08d372_origina

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Yes thank you Urahura, but that still doesn't give higher risk campaigns like the Dregs exclusive rare resources. Yes, the amount they get is more, but that is all.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Yes that is what is says.

I think its pretty well thought through and i think its the best choice.

I would do so too, its the best way.

Canth, we've been explicitly told that outer bands will not have higher tier resources at all, with the resource quality cap improving with each band. I don't have a link handy.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yes, people keep telling me, but so far I haven't seen any official confirmation or source from any of you. It's not in the FAQ, not in the KS info, so where is it?

Call me pigheaded, stupid or anything you want. I just interpret the info I have seen so far in a different way. I can be wrong and completely misunderstand it. But until someone shows me an official source I remain skeptical. If I'm wrong I'm the first to say I was a fool.

ZCcquVD.png

Yes, people keep telling me, but so far I haven't seen any official confirmation or source from any of you. It's not in the FAQ, not in the KS info, so where is it?

Call me pigheaded, stupid or anything you want. I just interpret the info I have seen so far in a different way. I can be wrong and completely misunderstand it. But until someone shows me an official source I remain skeptical. If I'm wrong I'm the first to say I was a fool.

I'd like confirmation of this (either way) as well.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Keep cool.

Wasnt it Zinnie who said there were better type of ressources in the Drege than in the other world bands. That not only the quantity but also the quality increases with the world bands?

I dont mean that in a bad way towards zinnie.

Did I hit a nerve?

You fluffers still haven't answer my question tho.

ACE have stated that higher difficulty bands will have rarer resources that you would need to craft higher tier useless stuff.

If you don't want to join me in The Dregs, how will you then achieve these rare resources when you have absolutely nothing to offer me in return?

You have a source for this statement?

So far as I know all rare resources can be found in all of the campaigns in any band. The band difficulty will only determine how much you can export from them.

Trying to look up the exact quote

Ty. I'm not saying you're wrong, I might just have understood it wrong. The Economy FAQ doesn't mention your statement at all.

I did give you a quote, and even linked you to the news article in question.

That you then choose to interpret it your own way, does not negate the facts.

Quality/quantity of materials/resources will differ the more difficult CW you participate in.

You cant ask for evidence, and then put fingers in your ears and scream because you don't like the answers it gives you.

Edited by zinnie

Quality/quantity of materials/resources will differ the more difficult CW you participate in.

You cant ask for evidence, and then put fingers in your ears and scream because you don't like the answers it gives you.

Canth, we've been explicitly told that outer bands will not have higher tier resources at all, with the resource quality cap improving with each band. I don't have a link handy.

The pictures above from the Kickstarter say also that only the quantity increases, but not the quality (except for God's Reach)

Edited by Urahara

Your statement:

The quote:

"- We are going to scatter precious metals throughout (and IN) the worlds. As with all other materials, the quality and quantity will skew heavily towards the riskier campaign worlds (keeping with our philosophy that greater risk should yield greater rewards)."

Yes, higher difficult bands will have rare resources, but also does the lower difficulty ones. Just in a lesser quantity. The quality is not affected and the rare resources are not exclusive either. That is how I read it.

To quote yourself: "That you then choose to interpret it your own way, does not negate the facts."

ZCcquVD.png