Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

The quality is not affected and the rare resources are not exclusive either. That is how I read it.

"- We are going to scatter precious metals throughout (and IN) the worlds. As with all other materials, the quality and quantity will skew heavily towards the riskier campaign worlds (keeping with our philosophy that greater risk should yield greater rewards)."

It says right there that quality will skew "heavily" towards riskier campaigns.

This would mean that riskier campaigns get higher quality stuff.

This is also further confirmed by the Campaigns Prictures posted earlier in the thread where it clearly says that the easiest campaigns will not have rare resources at all and you have to join moderate and higher to get them, but it could be in very low quantity.

Lets just agree to disagree on this one until we have found a better and more clear source because this is going nowhere.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Classic Canth... gets proven wrong and then decides to agree to disagree...

I am shocked at how little understanding there is about EKs and their relationship to the campaign worlds. I find them pretty straight foward myself. If you have any questions you can ask me.

Edited by Adall

Lets just agree to disagree on this one until we have found a better and more clear source because this is going nowhere.

Its fine, I knew I wasn't going to be able to convince you anyways, since you have had 4-5 different people in this thread telling you how it is, and you still wont believe it.

I bet if GW came in here and confirmed it, you would disagree with him as well?

Classic Canth... gets proven wrong and decided to agree to disagree...

I am shocked at how little understanding there is about EKs and their relationship to the campaign worlds. I find them pretty straight foward myself. If you have any questions you can ask me.

How do I turn it off?

Its fine, I knew I wasn't going to be able to convince you anyways, since you have had 4-5 different people in this thread telling you how it is, and you still wont believe it.

How do I turn it off?

Press the button.

How do I turn it off?

Jihan and me are saying that its like Canth says, how he understood it, and we understand it like that as well.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Jihan and me are saying that its like Canth says, how he understood it, and we understand it like that as well.

Jihan agreed with me, saying quality resources improves for each band, and you get the most amount of rare resources in the most difficult bands.

You have to be blind to not see this with the evidence provided.

Edited by zinnie

Canth, we've been explicitly told that outer bands will not have higher tier resources at all, with the resource quality cap improving with each band. I don't have a link handy.

I understand that in the way that Jihan says that there wont be higher tier ressources at the Dregs than in the Infected. He says only the quantity gets higher, but not the quality.

Thats how I understand Jihan.

And the pictures from the Kickstarter which I posted above are saying so as well.

I understand that in the way that Jihan says that there wont be higher tier ressources at the Dregs than in the Infected. He says only the quantity gets higher, but not the quality.

And the pictures from the Kickstarter which I posted above are saying so as well.

You understand him wrong, and those pictures. Outer bands = EK and Gods Reach. Those will not have the best resources.

The Shadows and The Dregs will.

The picture says there is no thing like increasing quality of ressources.

The Infected got the same rare resources like the Dregs, its just the quantity that differs.

This also makes very much sense from a game design choice.

Edited by Urahara

You would have to be trying to misread him to conclude that.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Urahara, you're misunderstanding me, possibly due to some confusion over which bands are the outer bands.

Outer = farther from the center.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

You understand him wrong, and those pictures. Outer bands = EK and Gods Reach. Those will not have the best resources.

The Shadows and The Dregs will.

You're forgetting The Infected. This means 3 out 5 bands (if you count the EK's as a band) will have rare resources. The quote from Zinnie still holds true with the quality and quantity improving towards the higher difficulty with God's Reach that won't have them and The Infected that will have. But I don't interpret that the higher difficulty bands will have exclusive rare resources that the lower bands won't have.

But, the 'so called evidence' that people have provided can clearly be interpreted in different ways. That should be clear by now with the back and forth between me and several others. So until we (officially) can get things cleared up it's pointless to keep discussing this and thus I said lets agree to disagree. This has nothing to do with me being a "Classic Canth". I said also that if I'm proven wrong on this I would acknowledge that. But so far, I have not.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

i was getting the outer bands wrong

Lets wait and see what ACE is gonna do

Translation from Canthian:

"Uh oh, I just realized I'm completely, flat-out, no-possibility-of-recovery wrong. Quick, throw some dissemblance to distract them!"

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

You're forgetting The Infected. This means 3 out 5 bands (if you count the EK's as a band) will have rare resources. The quote from Zinnie still holds true with the quality and quantity improving towards the higher difficulty with God's Reach that won't have them and The Infected that will have. But I don't interpret that the higher difficulty bands will have exclusive rare resources that the lower bands won't have.

But, the 'so called evidence' that people have provided can clearly be interpreted in different ways. That should be clear by now with the back and forth between me and several others. So until we (officially) can get things cleared up it's pointless to keep discussing this and thus I said lets agree to disagree. This has nothing to do with me being a "Classic Canth". I said also that if I'm proven wrong on this I would acknowledge that. But so far, I have not.

I didn't leave out a band... we have five bands. Two of them are outer bands, two of them are inner bands. One is right smack in the middle. Perhaps this is your problem? I am sure it will be a gradual increase in quality and quantity by the way. The Dregs will have stuff Shadow does not (most likely), and then on down (or out) the line.

Calling the information provided by others "so called evidence" is akin to being a climate denier or an intelligent design supporter. Belief thankfully has no bearing on truth. You and Urahara should get together and talk about how strong your sides arguments are. It should make for a very quality interaction.

Translation from Canthian:

"Uh oh, I just realized I'm completely, flat-out, no-possibility-of-recovery wrong. Quick, throw some dissemblance to distract them!"

:blink:

ah, yeah...

sure, I just thought the meaning of his post was different, but if you want to believe that this is a failure then, yeah....

The pictures I posted above are pretty clear stating how it was their design back then on kickstarter.

There stands clearly that the Infected will have the same rare resources like the Dregs, just less of it. Its only the quantity that differs.

At the Dregs doesnt stand rarest resources. Take a look.

Its pretty obvious in my opinion, but i wont ride over your faces, if it turns out to be like Canth and I are saying, like you do...

Edited by Urahara

But he doesn't expect you to buy his materials. What could you possibly give him in return that he would care about?

If a player does not care about EK and gets no import, there is no value in anything outside the campaign. Thus, there is no value in export, except RMT. You will never have anything he wants with which to buy his export.

How are you so utterly failing to grasp this reality?

Which explains my point in earlier in the thread, in more direct terms.

I have been reading all I can in the forums trying to learn and catch up and to see where other pls heads are at. I came to this section and read till my eyes hurt. Then took a few days off to chew it over, so to speak. But for some reason It stayed heavy on my mind then I had to ask myself why. The answer to my own question, was me. I fit the profile they so many seem to be worried about. I do plan to spend a lot of my time in my EK, crafting, trading ect. My daytime hours are pretty busy. Since I have to be AFK too much to join fights, I find my time bits best spent crafting. My nights is when I am able to do more time consuming projects. My game play will be focused around crafting trading ect. Meaning, I will be going out and fighting to get to those resources needed to make my EK successful in the trade end of the game. So, am I going to spend lots of time in my EK crafting, trading ect? You betcha! . But is that all I’m going to do? Heck no! … I picked Crowfall for ALL it has to offer. If I wanted less I would play the other games.