Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

After a 6mnd campaign, I will give them about 2-3 hours of playtime in the EK until they have to choose another campaign.. That way they have enough time to build with the resources they have gathered from their Embargo, and time enough for a tea party with their dolls until the next campaign.

We can wish!   But remember wishes rarely come true :)   Can you just hear the complaints " I spent X.XX on the castle, I can sit in it if I want"   And they would have a point.  My best solution is to leave the EK's fairly barren as they were supposed to be when they were first announced.   MAKE going to the CW a necessity to build your EK.  Take out the mobs, the things they will "play" with.  If they wanna sit let them sit together, singing , dancing whatever.  But, being truthful , the EK is where the money is to be made so, whatcha gonna do?  Game and game service.   It's an issue :(

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

We can wish!   But remember wishes rarely come true :)   Can you just hear the complaints " I spent X.XX on the castle, I can sit in it if I want"   And they would have a point.  My best solution is to leave the EK's fairly barren as they were supposed to be when they were first announced.   MAKE going to the CW a necessity to build your EK.  Take out the mobs, the things they will "play" with.  If they wanna sit let them sit together, singing , dancing whatever.  But, being truthful , the EK is where the money is to be made so, whatcha gonna do?  Game and game service.   It's an issue :(

Indeed.

ACE needs to get money from somewhere after launch, and VIP is not going to give them enough so its understandable that they are looking into selling stuff for the EK as a way to monetize the game.

At least the casual whales can buy themselves castles and sit in them alone while we play in the campaigns.. I just worry ACE will make more incentives to stay in the EK since that's where the money is.

Edited by zinnie

LTjF2HT.png

Snerk. OK - sorry - couldn't resist.  Continue on with this great thread! 

Lack of comprehension of the Topic?  

example of what exactly what the worry is.

#wizardmentality  #attentionneededalways

Exactly the point Zinnie was trying to make.

Edited by ellie

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

As if that post was signifying anything meaningful.  Other than ridiculousness.  Seems to be a strong point.

He didn't make this thread to change ACE's vision... he just wanted a place for people to talk about what they don't like about the EK. 

^^^

I am sure there is a place for you in someones EK where you can take part in the festivals, etc.

To each their own.  

You may like them, some of us don't.   I believe that is the topic being discussed.  

Idea: Anyone who whines about EKs finds "Indoctrination Mode" as their only available option. Upon logging in, they find themselves trapped in a large, windowless room within their EK. A tea party attended by skeletons is in the center of the room, with one place open for them. Each wall has one word scrawled upon it so slowly turning reveals a message:

LEARN

TO

LOVE

IT

Meanwhile a genre of music the player expressly hates plays on a loop and cannot be turned off.

Pretty immersive, if you ask me.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

I have to post, don't I.

Contrary to what many believes, I do not hate the EKS.

I understand that some people find housing fun and engaging.

I also understand that it is a great way to have an income for the game.

I have really only had two concerns (well 3)

I do not want to eks to ever become mandatory. This means I don't want the CWs to rely on the EKS.

I feel that giving advantages in the CWS from the EKS makes them mandatory, if it is taken to far. The examples we have right now, are perfectly fine.

I have never been into housing and building, so if I have to be involved with that to play in the campaigns, I would never have looked twice at this game.

As a matter of fact, I almost didn't because of that, but there was a line about EKs being completely optional.

The same goes for other pvp games.

If I play a game for pvp, I don't want to be forced to do pve content for any amount of time to get there (mmos are usually like bad versions of single player games). I have tons of options for pve from thousands of games. I love many of then.

The circle of getting a good income from something and then turn that into more of the same to make even more money.

Like a steakhouse that starts out by selling steaks, finds out that Italian sells better (and make more money), so they keep putting in more cheap Italian dishes, until steak is a side thing on the back of the menu. (This happened to a place I worked at).

It is not uncommon for this to happen in any kind of business. And it is understandable why it happens.

Not really an EK gripe, it just happened that this point came up in EK threads a lot.

I get annoyed and have a compulsion to correct people that make statements that contradict the information we have been given.

But I figure this is more of a personal problem.

It did make me concerned when the buffs was put in the EKS and when there was more and more focus on them.

However, I am pretty chilled about it by now, since I have been calmed down by the devs statements about EKS (Thanks for dropping by Tyrant).

I do believe they want a pvp game that doesn't end up being p2w or forced pve content.

I actually think that some of them want it more than most of us.

Besides, it's their game.

No reason to be mad if they go another way.

All you can do is just walk away.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Okay, seriously now:

People are going to pursue the game experience they want, focus on the features they like the best, and that's okay. By offering a variety of play style options, ACE improves the chances of the game surviving. The "hardcore" (imagine those scare quotes are ten feet tall) players, here for FFA PVP and nothing else, is a rather small,if very vocal niche.

Don't get upset at people for playing and enjoying a game differently than you. Understand that the diversity of play is ACE hedging their bets, which ideally will allow the game to keep going without any issue. Just enjoy whatever you enjoy, what other people like makes no difference.

So maybe there will be people you rarely get the opportunity to kill. Oh well. There will be plenty of other people out there looking to kill or be killed, so kill each other and be happy.

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

If the hate on the EKs was coming from a logical place it would be fine... but as it is it is just absurd.  Do you really want the game to be so 1 dimensional that all you have are CWs and resets?  The ultimate goal of mmorpgs is to someday create such a dynamic and immersive world that gives people what feels like limitless options and choices they can make.  CWs are temporary... the other side of the coin is the EKs which give permanence...  ACE is going to design them to fit hand in hand.  Sure there will be some people that may rarely ever touch CWs or some people that may rarely ever touch EKs, but just because people can choose to play like that doesn't mean ACE will prioritize that kind of playstyle. 

The main reason i've seen for people hating on the EKs is because they want to tell themselves they are the kind of person that only cares about the pvp, not understanding that the EKs will play a very important part in developing many of the avenues the community will explore.  If you want a game that strictly focuses on PvP you are basically looking for an arena based game in spirit.  When I play an mmorpg i'm looking for a game that creates a sprawling environment filled with players of all shapes and sizes to interact with... Not just 1 type of gamer who has 1 set of preferences, and definitely not some wannabe hardcore gamers.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

If the hate on the EKs was coming from a logical place it would be fine... but as it is it is just absurd. Do you really want the game to be so 1 dimensional that all you have are CWs and resets? The ultimate goal of mmorpgs is to someday create such a dynamic and immersive world that gives people what feels like limitless options and choices they can make. CWs are temporary... the other side of the coin is the EKs which give permanence... ACE is going to design them to fit hand in hand. Sure there will be some people that may rarely ever touch CWs or some people that may rarely ever touch EKs, but just because people can choose to play like that doesn't mean ACE will prioritize that kind of playstyle.

The main reason i've seen for people hating on the EKs is because they want to tell themselves they are the kind of person that only cares about the pvp, not understanding that the EKs will play a very important part in developing many of the avenues the community will explore. If you want a game that strictly focuses on PvP you are basically looking for an arena based game in spirit. When I play an mmorpg i'm looking for a game that creates a sprawling environment filled with players of all shapes and sizes to interact with... Not just 1 type of gamer who has 1 set of preferences, and definitely not some wannabe hardcore gamers.

Yes yes, we get it.

You are the top 1%, better than the people that think they are better than the people that likes the eks.

You're the main dog, smarter than anyone with a different opinion, knows everything there is to know about any part of gaming.

You are without faults, follow the right religion and everyone should shape up and get on the level.

Thing is, you are exactly like the people you keep pointing at.

Your style of doing the same as them, is just different.

Doesn't matter if you sit in one chat room or another and brag about how you owned someone on a forum and trolled the poorly made socks out of them without getting caught. It's the same thing.

I used to take your serious, but it's on a goon level by now.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

The main reason i've seen for people hating on the EKs is because they want to tell themselves they are the kind of person that only cares about the pvp, not understanding that the EKs will play a very important part in developing many of the avenues the community will explore.  If you want a game that strictly focuses on PvP you are basically looking for an arena based game in spirit.  When I play an mmorpg i'm looking for a game that creates a sprawling environment filled with players of all shapes and sizes to interact with... Not just 1 type of gamer who has 1 set of preferences, and definitely not some wannabe hardcore gamers.

The main reason I see people hating on EK's(myself included) is because the way EK's are now, they basically feel like a "lobby" and are completely seperate from the game world. I would have absolutely loved the EK's if they were in the actual campaign world.

About the permanent side of EK's vs the temporary campaigns, they could just preserve the EK's from campaign to campaign.

Edited by macavity

7ug90hM.png

The main reason I see people hating on EK's(myself included) is because the way EK's are now, they basically feel like a "lobby" and are completely seperate from the game world. I would have absolutely loved the EK's if they were in the actual campaign world.

They are the way to give a feeling of permanence while allowing the CW's to reset.  In some ways they'll function like a lobby... and there's nothing wrong with that. 

After people get done with CWs it's great that there is sort of a staging ground where they can get prepared again to go out on another mission, and the staging ground is designed in a way to hopefully foster more social interaction with people in the game.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Yes yes, we get it.

You are the top 1%, better than the people that think they are better than the people that likes the eks.

You're the main dog, smarter than anyone with a different opinion, knows everything there is to know about any part of gaming.

You are without faults, follow the right religion and everyone should shape up and get on the level.

Thing is, you are exactly like the people you keep pointing at.

Your style of doing the same as them, is just different.

Doesn't matter if you sit in one chat room or another and brag about how you owned someone on a forum and trolled the poorly made socks out of them without getting caught. It's the same thing.

I used to take your serious, but it's on a goon level by now.

Nah.   It's below goon level.

They at least know who they are, admit to who they are and own it.

+1 for the goons.   They don't want him either.

Edited by ellie

Nah. It's below goon level.

They at least know who they are, admit to who they are and own it.

+1 for the goons. They don't want him either.

I should probably have put that in a pm.