Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jah

Misgivings about Eternal Kigdoms

Well paint me oblivious.  I missed that part.  

P.S. This better be a dragon throne and not a wyvern throne ;) yeah... I went there.  I'm just sayin'

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

Firstly I do not hate or like EK's I am neutral in that point, however I would say that I think people are forgetting one simple fact.  One cannot simple hang out in their dirt box all day playing house because one will need the resources and materials the CW offers...a risk/reward system people remember?  If you do not risk anything you do not gain anything and your EK will be some backwater dust bowl podunk hamlet that no one will visit, do business in, nor ally with.  The taxes will erode away your coin, you will be unable to craft any wares to use or sell, and in the end you will become a fearful shut in, afraid to attempt a CW with no clan support or membership in whatever clan you hold to because people do not follow cowards, or clans that don't put the work in.  Pride and respect puts a clan into the fight, and while I too believe EKs to be somewhat lame, at the same time I also believe every clan needs a rally point, and something which they can display as proof to their enemies and allies that they deserve that respect.

^This...

I am not an expert but this is just a garrison in WoW... for everyone.  I am looking forward to banding with other guilds and making a dynamic city where people want to visit to gear, replenish, tell tales, and just take a break from the "There is only war" CW. 

Maybe I am completely missing something but if I want resources or if I want to win a campaign I *need* to be in the CW.  As this is a PvP only game not sure why all the hate.  Seems this is a cosmetic wonderland, and the rubber meets the road in CW.

Am I missing something?

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

Maybe I am completely missing something but if I want resources or if I want to win a campaign I *need* to be in the CW.  As this is a PvP only game not sure why all the hate.  Seems this is a cosmetic wonderland, and the rubber meets the road in CW.

Am I missing something?

Nope, you've got it.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Of course if you want your character to win a campaign, it has to be in that campaign when it ends, and on the winning side.

Any resources can be acquired directly in the EK, without joining any CW, either by trading with other players or purchasing via the Store.

I expect the wealthier players to spend the majority of their time in the EK to play the market game.

^This...

I am not an expert but this is just a garrison in WoW... for everyone.  I am looking forward to banding with other guilds and making a dynamic city where people want to visit to gear, replenish, tell tales, and just take a break from the "There is only war" CW. 

Am I missing something?

What you may be missing is that while resources mainly come from CWs, you can get basic ones from your EK. Also you could get them by trade. I don't know if you have read through the economy threads or forum section but it looks like ACE will be letting us set the value of everything and how much one thing is worth against another.

Now your probably asking your self, How can someone who mainly sticks to their EK can you get something that others would be willing to trade CM stuff for? One thing is the VIP memberships , which allow a user to train not just one but all 3 of their characters offline. You buy these with real would money and can trade them with other players. 

VIP memberships discussed here:

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54e9501e93fc8d634e4d690c

#14 states:

CAN I TRAIN MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER AT ONCE?

Yes, if you have an optional VIP membership. A VIP membership allows you to train three characters in parallel. Each character will also have three passive training slots (i.e. it works the same way with ALL THREE characters, as it does with the first one.)

Since VIP memberships are for a month only, someone could just buy and trade those for CW goods to build up their EK without doing campaigns.

More than a few minutes I would say. As time goes on the value of one to the other will be changing and so haggling and shopping around to get the best deals will be needed.

Even finding someone who has just what you need to trade you CS items for will take time.

We cannot earn in-game resources directly from the cash shop, you're right!

Players need first to trade their CS items in exchange for in-game resources. Which takes a few more minutes I guess.

Items? as in plural? Pretty sure we've been told that the only trade-able item from the Cash Shop is VIP tokens.

Thank you for the info @Dakyn, that is interesting. 

Still I see it as a developer issue to make getting anything of real value to be in the CW.  Sure I want my guild and many others to make our EK a hub market and if you want to play Crowfall that way, more power to you.

But hopefully the real valuables must first come from CWs.

Then I can take my treasure and trophies back to my EK for some loot and a buff, but not before earning them *in* a CW.

More than a few minutes I would say. As time goes on the value of one to the other will be changing and so haggling and shopping around to get the best deals will be needed.

Even finding someone who has just what you need to trade you CS items for will take time.

Comparing sell prices and finding the best seller can take an eternity for anyone willing to take that much time.

Pretty sure though that exchanging a VIP ticket for X amount of currency, in-game, will take just a few minutes for anyone willing to trade it quickly.

Comparing sell prices and finding the best seller can take an eternity for anyone willing to take that much time.

Pretty sure though that exchanging a VIP ticket for X amount of currency, in-game, will take just a few minutes for anyone willing to trade it quickly.

Isn't this what WoW just did, and basically it is to kill the gold seller market?

And if by chance that is your youtube channel in your sig.... thanks and nice work :) !!

Edited by Anaraion

Any resources can be acquired directly in the EK, without joining any CW, either by trading with other players or purchasing via the Store.

You cannot buy resources from the cash shop.

I didn't say "buy resources" I said trade for them with Cash Shop VIP Memberships. Please actually read the post.

Narcissism is a hell of a drug.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Isn't this what WoW just did, and basically it is to kill the gold seller market?

And if by chance that is your youtube channel in your sig.... thanks and nice work :) !!

I think Crowfall is going more the EVE way, with the Plex system. I don't know about how WoW did that for the gold market.

The playlist in my signature comes from the itsZiz youtube channel (Ziz on the forums) and I'm not associated to it, just find it really cool too.  :)

I think Crowfall is going more the EVE way, with the Plex system. I don't know about how WoW did that for the gold market.

The playlist in my signature comes from the itsZiz youtube channel (Ziz on the forums) and I'm not associated to it, just find it really cool too.  :)

Makes me sad. I truly don't like the Plex, APEX,REX systems.  It is just a form of Pay2Win and can be exploited by Real World Traders to make money on Crowfall which draws in the Gold Farmers. They start to control the Plex system in the economy and boom....... we cant even escape China in a video game.

Just pay the 15 a month if you want sub... and if you cant afford that then look at your budget and stop ordering Pizzas.

Edited by Vitalized

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

Makes me sad. I truly don't like the Plex, APEX,REX systems.  It is just a form of Pay2Win and can be exploited by Real World Traders to make money on Crowfall which draws in the Gold Farmers. They start to control the Plex system in the economy and boom....... we cant even escape China in a video game.

Just pay the 15 a month if you want sub... and if you cant afford that then look at your budget and stop ordering Pizzas.

Well there's certainly no perfect solution. Plex has been tested for several years and I guess it's working not so bad.

Another option would be monthly subscription, as you mentioned, but I'm not sure that the current MMO market and the more niche audience Crowfall is trying to cater would make it viable for a long time. Many sub games turned either F2P or B2P recently if I'm correct.

B2P and no cash shop could work too I guess, but developers would turn their back to an important source of income, or would need to find other types of income. Same thing with making the optional sub not transferable between players.

Imo the way they've built their payment model is the most logical choice. 

Archage was pay to win.  The failure rates for upgrades and the cost were obscene.

One thing I am pretty sure of is there is no stopping the real money for currency.  I do not know of a game without gold sellers or a Plex system and any game with a larger player base have both.  Am I off on that?

So assuming I am correct on that is just comes down to the best way to take the medicine.  Anyone have any other suggestions?