Nazdar

Why Are You Still Here?

Scenario:  A hypothetical player sees the Crowfall Kickstarter and thinks to himself, "I want to play that game."  He pledges, and then he finds something else to do until the game is released.  His interest is purely in playing the game.

If you are reading this post, you are not that hypothetical player.  You are different.  You are still here for a reason.  Why?  What benefit do you, personally, derive from being here?

Why are you still here?

No life at the moment

Definitely not that reason......I want to play, I can't play yet, so I read instead. Also, hardcore games in my experience attract evil, sadistic, worm-infested, horrible semi-human beings. I'm here to observe and study all of you.

Definitely not that reason......I want to play, I can't play yet, so I read instead. Also, hardcore games in my experience attract evil, sadistic, worm-infested, horrible semi-human beings. I'm here to observe and study all of you.

I get the distinct feeling you are including me in that

Quietly lurking in the shadows adding to my list of "loud mouths to gank".

Ooh, scary.

And to answer the question, I'm here for my own amusement. If all else fails, these forums are a pretty fun game by themselves.

I like discussions about game design and video-game philosophy. Also, being an aspiring( and self teaching) game designer, following a professional project this early is a great way to learn the design process!(and it is just fun)

Edited by TragicNumberOne

The truth is that among my socksposting I actually want to help new players that come into the forum and ask questions. I've never t.rolled a new guy asking a legitimate question, nor should anyone.

I want to do my part in creating a decent community for the game.

And forumfall ofc.

Edited by zinnie

Why are you still here?

To be a part of the building process, and see it each step along the way for what truly happened to the best extent possible.

I'm the type of person that would be enamored with not only watching a great movie, but also being able to be on the set each day and interact with those making the film.  Some might not, and might just be content with watching the movie.  I see this as nothing different.

Scenario:  A hypothetical player sees the Crowfall Kickstarter and thinks to himself, "I want to play that game."  He pledges, and then he finds something else to do until the game is released.  His interest is purely in playing the game.

If you are reading this post, you are not that hypothetical player.  You are different.  You are still here for a reason.  Why?  What benefit do you, personally, derive from being here?

Why are you still here?

To learn.  There are countless thoughts and ideas posted up here and while I try to bring my experience and understanding of CF to discussions, I find myself each week starting opposed to an idea and slowly gaining a greater sphere of understanding of how it could have a positive impact on this game.  Few things are more fun than gaining a deeper understanding.

LOL. Idjut and ethug were left off that list.  Along w. sociopath.   But hey you got most of them. Good Job.

I am still here because this community started it's long journey January 6th.  The game did not even have a name.   Parts of different game communities arrived in ONE place and the "fun"  began.   Parts of a "puzzle" started to drop ( damn those devs!)   and we started the game of "rampant speculation".  I was hooked.  On the game and on the community.

Can't walk away now.  Been here too long.   Gotta see where it goes and grows...........

Edited by ellie

Entertainment, information, and adding my voice to unnecessary questions for which the answers are easily rationalized. Post count bitches! \m/

Edited by caledon