Pann

Three days left! - Official discussion thread

I'm sure it's been answered multiple places (and if so, perhaps I could get a link), but is there a benefit to buying more than one Stronghold? Or should we just buy the single best one we can afford?

Strongholds for your EK increase population size allowed in, add land for estates, and if you have PvP turned on they become ACTUAL defensive strongholds.

Judging from Keaggan's description, it seems that purchasing additional Strongholds is not a necessity.

Since high level backers (Saphire+) have access to two Stronghold parcels right off the bat (The second SH one tier lower than the first), a single EK should fill fairly quickly if you are cooperating with your guild members.

Been trying to convince myself to consider this sale, but I guess I will be forcing myself to opt out of this great offer since I already got an even better deal during Kickstarter.

I feel so smart!  I wish there were more things to purchase...I wish the naming reservation would take place already *hint* *hint*.

Get your fluff on with this incredible sale for all you fluffers out there that want a cool looking caste in your fluffgarden.

Hey guy, the fluffers of fluffgarden are helping to pay for this game. Bite your tongue. If it's reverting back from it's sales price and they plan on getting a stronghold, now is a good time tbh.

Hey guy, the fluffers of fluffgarden are helping to pay for this game. Bite your tongue. If it's reverting back from it's sales price and they plan on getting a stronghold, now is a good time tbh.

yep, was not saying anything negative about the sale, its a good deal.

I was fluffing myself in the mirror while wondering if this fluff is fluffing fluffy enough for me to bother.  I'm in the same boat as the guy who said he can't figure out why.  

I'm not sure I even know what the hell I want to do with the two cottages my account comes with not to mention the fortification.

I love the idea of the EK's because it means I can go shop in other people's EK's, but honestly i'm not going to bother trying to make a merchant empire, so I really could care less what happens to my fluff....UNLESS they tell us that their primary purpose is that of  a secondary bank/vault, in which case it matters to me again.

I am mildly tempted to buy one because the price is good and then trade it for something else later, but I can't figure out what i'd actually trade it for. =(

Edited by Santovenia

It would help if I knew what purpose a fort/hold had.  I am like that guy walking into a car dealership not having a clue what the current cars do or what I want.

:D

I wish I had more money, I want to buy more Crowfall stuff or upgrade. :(

Also wondering, for the KS stuff for sale in the store, if you already have it as part of your KS package (or your hopefully soon to be upgraded one!  :D ), is there any reason to buy more?  In other words, can you use 2 or more per EK, or will they just be giftable/sellable/tradeable, or just be a needless extra expenditure?

Each stronghold adds buildable area for shops and personal housing to your kingdom, as well as raising the concurrent population cap. If you're planning to build or help build a large, multiplayer kingdom, yes, multiple strongholds can be useful. If your kingdom is mostly for your own personal use, probably not.

is there a benefit to buying more than one Stronghold? Or should we just buy the single best one we can afford?

In other words, can you use 2 or more per EK, or will they just be giftable/sellable/tradeable, or just be a needless extra expenditure?

--> This

multiple strongholds can be useful. If your kingdom is mostly for your own personal use, probably not.

The bigger your stronghold is, the more maintenance you will have to pay for buildings within it. You can reduce the maintenance and increase the building places within it by sorrounding your strongholds with resource parcels. The more places, the more helpful buildings, thralls and artifacts you can place there.

For most people it will be enough work to get the resource parcels for one stronghold.  Though it wont hurt to have a summer residence, if you have the money.

I guess having multiple strongholds might be useful for players that want to hold PvP events in their Kingdom. For players that want to have some PvP with their specific PvP rules (loot options, friendly fire, etc.), multiple structures could allow deeper organized "conquest" or "siege" fights. Plus all the social / economic / cosmetic advantages, along with the financial benefit if they're later traded to other players.  :P

absolutely. i just said "most people". most backers are usually not like "most people". :D

personally i couldnt imagine even one scenario where i would like to have only one stronghold.

i am allready addicted to this game and very likely will have all the fluffy ;) strongholds (17 if citadel and palace dont have three types?). and if it is just to show my countrys community the possible strongholds. or as open siege training ground. for national competitions. or just to wander around and tell myself: you idiot, yes you spared 100 hours ingame playing, but you had to work ten hours fo this, you should adjust the principles your decisions are base on.

having at least a second strongold can be useful for many reasons. but not for everybody. so everybody should decide this well-considered. you wont help the game, if you dream, wake up and then blame ACE for your decision. its yours.

and now i have to go and decide wich strongholds i will buy additionally. damned, this big keep looks gorgeous...

I'll just upgrade the one I have and then buy new ones later. For now I need to save up my money after spending so much on the KS already XD