Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is missing from the dungeon crawler genre?

Handies

An actual D2 successor. Not some cheap knockoff or overcomplication. If they could just upscale the graphics to D2, I'd be happy.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Uh nothing, go play Grim Dawn.

I already own it and I have put quite a bit of time into it.

An actual D2 successor. Not some cheap knockoff or overcomplication. If they could just upscale the graphics to D2, I'd be happy.

Ok. What would you like to see? I would love if Blizzard did an HD remaster for D1 and D2.

If you want roguelike/Diablo family, Path of Exile is excellent and free.

If you want a crawler of the Wizardry lineage, try the Legend of Grimrock games.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I want dungeon crawlers to die.

i miss the games with realism. We need more Mass Effects, not poorly made socksty Diablos.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

I'm interested in a game with much more exotic character types. I'm tired of super powered regular things thrashing on superior creatures, I'd rather play many of those creatures, with deep ability variation and unique ways to play content.

Like an archangel, or Jinn, or Giant Warg. Even embellished regular characters like a Dark Knight on horseback, doing more mobile passing attacks.

A lot of these games have all sorts of creatures already as opponents, and creating player rich behaviors for them would give them more variation and depth as opponents since variations of the abilities can be mixed on monsters and creatures to give them several unique action sets, while furthermore being adequate for players to utilize as playable units.

Given the simplicity of many retro games like isometric or side scrolling action games, it would be nice if they utilized other ways to be more interesting and rich in content.

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Well i played dungeon overlord or somtin like that, it lacked unit strength, even a basic fight would take too long with overpowered army. They should decrease overall healths bt %80 and would be a fine game. But really, i havent played those legandary games to know what newer ones are missing