Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help with 2FA

courant101

I'm trying to set up 2FA and I've downloaded the App Authy as it was suggested in the 2FA announcement.

So first they asked a SMS number to send a code, this step is done.

JIWizfA.png

I entered the code shown in the Security tab of my Crowfall account. It looked like this : r6SVAhRFLT3pK2oa

Once the code has been added, I had to add an image for the icon. I also added the master password for the Authy App.

What do I have to do now to complete to process? I tried to write down the code again (r6SVAhRFLT3pK2oa) on the Security tab page, in step 3 but it didn't do anything, and when I logged out and back in it didn't ask for 2FA code.

TiaGurR.png

I would appreciate some help here!  :)

Dunno why you would use that system.. I find Googles system to be much easier.

I hope someone can stop by and help you out Courant ;)

Well I use a cellphone but it's old and I can't go on the internet with it. The other most recent one, a samsung galaxies, doesn't have a sim card, I'm using it when I travel with WiFi. I don't know if it would work?

When the Crowfall page asks you for a 2FA code in step 3, you should open up Authy and enter the code it generates. I haven't used Authy but I presume when you open it up you should be able to select Crowfall and have it give you a password which is valid for about 30 seconds.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

When the Crowfall page asks you for a 2FA code in step 3, you should open up Authy and enter the code it generates. I haven't used Authy but I presume when you open it up you should be able to select Crowfall and have it give you a password which is valid for about 30 seconds.

Oh yes ok, I think I got the code now! I hadn't opened the correct App. I'll try that and edit the message. Thanks!  :)

edit : I entered the code given by Authy in the step 3, but once I hit confirm nothing happened.

Edited by courant101

I used my galaxy samsung and downloaded Google Authenticator, I scanned the code and the 30 seconds codes started to show up.

However at step 3 it was still the same issue : once the code is entered and I click confirm, nothing happens then. 

Could be a browser issue? Try doing the setup through a different browser or PC.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully