Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

What has E3 gotten you hyped for?

For the most part I thought the entire thing was just "okay". The Minecraft on Hololens seemed cool and the new Smash DLC was awesome but past that, I wasn't impressed by Sony, Microsoft and I am just MAD at Nintendo now...

The HoloLens is a gigantic lie by Microsoft.  Below is a mock-up of what you'd actually see. Yet another reason as to why you should not be excited about anything that was shown at E3. Get excited by results, not promises.

9sPki5i.png

ncLez59.png

For the most part I thought the entire thing was just "okay". The Minecraft on Hololens seemed cool and the new Smash DLC was awesome but past that, I wasn't impressed by Sony, Microsoft and I am just MAD at Nintendo now...

Didn't bother with Sony or Nintendo. I think Sony releases (but Battlefront, come on dude?!?) one game a year that isn't a jrpg, so it's like meh. And Nintendo... well, it was cool when I was a child and for nostalgia. Microsoft, eh whatever.

But man, did you not like Bethesda?!?! How can you not?!? You must be a Wizard101 player.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Didn't bother with Sony or Nintendo. I think Sony releases (but Battlefront, come on dude?!?) one game a year that isn't a jrpg, so it's like meh. And Nintendo... well, it was cool when I was a child and for nostalgia. Microsoft, eh whatever.

But man, did you not like Bethesda?!?! How can you not?!? You must be a Wizard101 player.

I'm an Elder Scrolls fan myself, never liked Fallout. Plus again, their press conference wasn't anything crazy, just Fallout gameplay, a Doom trailer and several apps that everyone went crazy over for some reason. Oh and Dishonored 2 I suppose, which, honestly who cares. To me, E3 this year was just games we knew about for a while, seen gameplay we expected, and in some cases were just outright disappointed in. Last Guardian is severely underwhelming after about a decade of development. No Man's Sky still looked good, but not nearly as good as the trailer did last year and Fallout looked like Fallout, nothing too crazy about it. Not saying E3 was bad this year, just that if you weren't a "Rare" fan or a Fallout fan, this year didn't have too much to show off.

Fallout 4 - because Fallout 4.

If it is multi-player, even better.

LOL, I remembered a comment on the magazine cover, "fallout 4 is like skyrim with dragon." Not realising that both games are from Bethesda.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I'm an Elder Scrolls fan myself, never liked Fallout. Plus again, their press conference wasn't anything crazy, just Fallout gameplay, a Doom trailer and several apps that everyone went crazy over for some reason. Oh and Dishonored 2 I suppose, which, honestly who cares. To me, E3 this year was just games we knew about for a while, seen gameplay we expected, and in some cases were just outright disappointed in. Last Guardian is severely underwhelming after about a decade of development. No Man's Sky still looked good, but not nearly as good as the trailer did last year and Fallout looked like Fallout, nothing too crazy about it. Not saying E3 was bad this year, just that if you weren't a "Rare" fan or a Fallout fan, this year didn't have too much to show off.

The first Dishonored was an extremely great game, so I have high hopes for the second. As for Doom, no doubt the single player will be fun, but the multiplayer is where it's gonna be at. The industry really needs a good fast paced fps right now.

But how do you not like Fallout man? And in no way was there anything about it typical. I mean poorly made socks, look at the crafting the new Fallout is doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8HGslrINU.

As for Sony, it's probably been 10+ years I've liked a game that was an exclusive for them, so I didn't even bother watching their poorly made socks. I only looked at Battlefront after the fact. But Microsoft at least showed Mass Effect which, although I hated the 3rd, I'm still seriously looking forward to it.

I dunno, it just sounds like to me you like a different type of game than me. For me, I haven't seen a AAA title I wanted to buy since GTA 5, and this E3 left me wanting a LOT of games they showcased.

Edited by cannibal man

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The phantom pain
  2. FF7
  3. Kingdom hearts 3
  4. No man sky
  5. Fallout 4
  6. Battlefront

That's it.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Battlefront. This is going to be legit.

Valve's trolling/teasing that they'll announce HL3 next year --- first outright mention of HL3 theyve made in years

Division could be awesome, we'll see.

Hololens -- I don't trust it. I bought a Kinect for my 360, I drank the koolaid. Not falling for that BS twice.

Fallout 4 -- I am disappointed in the appearance. Seems a bit dated, and the world-building  in single player isn't really my thing in terms of everyone adding a little mindcrafted-ness to their games. I'll still buy and play the custard out of it, it'll be great, but I think a lot of us are disappointed thus far.

Destiny: TFK -- Ha. custardkkkkk activation, and custard Bungie for selling out with this. Biggest disappoint in gaming history, and now they're trying to sell me DLC for 40 dollars.

No Man's Sky --- this legitimately looks so boring. I do not understand the hype behind it. It looks dated as well, and just ----- empty and idle.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Battlefront. This is going to be legit.

Valve's posting/teasing that they'll announce HL3 next year --- first outright mention of HL3 theyve made in years

Division could be awesome, we'll see.

Hololens -- I don't trust it. I bought a Kinect for my 360, I drank the koolaid. Not falling for that BS twice.

Fallout 4 -- I am disappointed in the appearance. Seems a bit dated, and the world-building  in single player isn't really my thing in terms of everyone adding a little mindcrafted-ness to their games. I'll still buy and play the custard out of it, it'll be great, but I think a lot of us are disappointed thus far.

Destiny: TFK -- Ha. custardkkkkk activation, and custard Bungie for selling out with this. Biggest disappoint in gaming history, and now they're trying to sell me DLC for 40 dollars.

No Man's Sky --- this legitimately looks so boring. I do not understand the hype behind it. It looks dated as well, and just ----- empty and idle.

Keep in mind Fallout 4 is 6x bigger than Skyrim. I'm okay with meager graphics if it means more gameplay. But it doesn't look all that bad; it looks pretty typical for graphics right now. But Bethesda is usually at the forefront of eye-gasmic graphics, so I can see what you're saying.

Either way we'll get some awesome graphical mods that'll make it look 10x better.

1. Fallout 4 - I thought the graphics were pretty good to be honest. I thought their ENB looked in need of tweaking, but otherwise the textures and movement animations looked pretty good.  Also the mods this game will spawn are going to blow our minds.

2. Metal Gear Solid 5:  Trying to keep my hopes supressed, but deep down I cant wait for this almost as much as FO4.

3. Destiny - Par for what I expected based of the comet info in their old contract.  I feel like its starting to hit its stride more in pvp but still its an overpriced beta for Destiny 2.0 next year, which will be much closer to the the g`ame we wanted to play last year.

4. Battlefront 3 -  Morbo style "DOOMED!"  I really hope I am wrong, but that game looks like BF4 and ESO combined in terms of disaster about to happen. 10 million copies...if they hit that target based off the gameplay at e3 I would be seriously suprised.  For better or worse, the show will be entertaining.

1. Fallout 4 - I thought the graphics were pretty good to be honest. I thought their ENB looked in need of tweaking, but otherwise the textures and movement animations looked pretty good.  Also the mods this game will spawn are going to blow our minds.

2. Metal Gear Solid 5:  Trying to keep my hopes supressed, but deep down I cant wait for this almost as much as FO4.

3. Destiny - Par for what I expected based of the comet info in their old contract.  I feel like its starting to hit its stride more in pvp but still its an overpriced beta for Destiny 2.0 next year, which will be much closer to the the g`ame we wanted to play last year.

4. Battlefront 3 -  Morbo style "DOOMED!"  I really hope I am wrong, but that game looks like BF4 and ESO combined in terms of disaster about to happen. 10 million copies...if they hit that target based off the gameplay at e3 I would be seriously suprised.  For better or worse, the show will be entertaining.

What didn't you like about Battlefront?

I think fallout 4 looks fine, don't get me wrong. It'll be great too, I'm sure. But, Bethesda usually sets the standard for graphical prowess in their RPGs, but this looks like a really polished last-gen game. I'm willing to take that, though, if it has an excellent framerate and some great on-screen action without the hiccups of games that looked amazing at an early time in their generation, like Oblivion.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

What didn't you like about Battlefront?

I think fallout 4 looks fine, don't get me wrong. It'll be great too, I'm sure. But, Bethesda usually sets the standard for graphical prowess in their RPGs, but this looks like a really polished last-gen game. I'm willing to take that, though, if it has an excellent framerate and some great on-screen action without the hiccups of games that looked amazing at an early time in their generation, like Oblivion.

We played SB for how long with those graphics? While I like my eye candy, I am willing to put aside some wants for solid gameplay.

The things I was interested in at E3

Battlefront - I am an unashamed Star Wars fanboy.  I'd honestly take whatever I can get these days ( :( ) and to be honest this is the best looking Star Wars game in years .  Up until recently I've boycotted EA for 3 years now due to my disapproval of their treatment towards developers as well as my disgust at their Terms of Service policies, the monopoly and forced DRM via Origin and general business practices.  Unfortunately this game might mark the end of this boycott, however, I won't be pre-ordering it nor will I purchase it till I can be assured that it is good when we finally get to see what is coming out.  So far from the footage I've seen it resembles the first Battlefront game except this time with a graphical and performance update.  I won't go as far to be stupidly critical of it to the degree we've seen in comments on Youtube, Twitch and elsewhere, of course it looks like Battlefield, every Battlefront game has, wow guys.   <_<.  Also for the record, yes the rebel guns actually did like like modern guns in the movies so don't make a point of that either.  Also there were tie fighters and X-wing involved in the battle of Hoth, it's obvious they never read the books. >_> (Look up the book Shadows of the Empire)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire - Same as above, but replace Battlefront with KoTOR.  This was a real surprise for me, because I've chatted a few times with the guy who wrote the story for the first game, seeing as he was completely in the dark about this game until it's E3 announcement as I was, it has me somewhat worried.  You'd think Bioware would of contacted him about it, considering he is a brilliant writer, but nope, not that I was made aware of.  He did say if he was asked to come on board to work on the story for the game, he'd drop whatever he was doing and get involved right away.  With that said, he did recently leave his previous job as his contract had ended and he is currently looking for work guys. ;)

I hope this turns out to be a good game, I really really do.  But knowing the recent history and quality of what has been produced from Bioware in the way of storytelling and pandering to minorities to the degree where it negatively impacts on the quality of the story of the game, I am cautiously optimistic.

Dark Souls III, even though it was a teaser - I absolutely love Dark Souls games. But, considering 2 wasn't as good as the first and how despite systems in place to allow for co-op play, it still isn't implemented yet to the level I'd like to see, hopefully their experiment with it in Bloodborne will result in it's inclusion in the next title and I also hope for a better designed world this time around.  Also I would like them to actually experiment with new mechanics in the game, such as mounts, that would be nice.  Also hinted at some form of Shadow of the Colossus vibe, something I would also likely welcome with open arms.  So long as the combat is still just as awesome and the world is still grim dark and the gameplay hardcore, I'd appreciate it even the more.  Even though at this point it is very obvious they are milking the franchise, as they did with all their other successful games.

Gang Beasts - Even though it wasn't announced at this year's E3 and has been around for a while, I like it, it is funny and stupid, as well as silly, the perfect game to play with friends at a LAN with beer and Pizza.  Also I like Double Fine as a developer.

Star Fox Zero - After a Decade we finally get a Star Fox game!  And a decent looking one, oh and it looks like Nintendo is finally found a good use for the Wii U controller screen, but considering we have to play a flight combat game on that giant hunk of a controller, even though the game looks great, I am concerned if people will have issue with it's playability come release, considering well ... big clunking unergonomic controller.  I have a hard enough time trying to play Starfox 64 on the 3DS as it is.  Other than that, nothing negative to say, it looks awesome.

Total War: Warhammer - Even though it is scripted gameplay demo, it looks brilliant, also the interviews and other information from the presentation are awesome.  The game looks awesome, I honestly can't wait to play it.  I've always been a big Warhammer and Warhammer 40 000 fan and it is nice to see finally a game series that will do the fantasy table top justice.  Despite the mistakes CA has made in the past, this is shaping up to be the Dawn of War of Warhammer fantasy titles, I grantee you this.  This game is literally a real time version of a table top campaign and they plan to cover the time frame from around 2510 IC onwards, so in later expansions we will likely see "The End Times" content, but for the first we are getting good old classic Warhammer.  Also has flying mounts and heros, which are characters who roam the campaign map doing the same actions as spys/diplomats/champions in previous games, but can now participate in battles, you can also upgrade the gear of your heroes and generals.  I am really looking forward to this and hope they don't disappoint.

"Spare no expense"

The concept of the Microsoft HoloLens.  Considering I have been a fan of Augmented Reality devices for a while now, this does peak my interest, I like the concept of the device, but considering this is Microsoft we are talking about, don't expect them to do anything with it which won't piss you off.  I'm the sort of person who has always been aware of snakeoil merchants peddling koolaid, I grew up during the 90s so I've seen it all before.  I remember talking to a lot of local game developers a few years back on their personal opinion of the Kinect, this was back in 2011, they all thought it was crap and they all told me the only reason there are kinect games is because the stupid money people are all drunk on the idea, it was a stupid idea.  This is what most game developers think, "I want to make games I enjoy playing."  They don't like the idea of games that force you to have an exercise to play, they want to come home, sit down and relax.  Be lazy with a game controller.  As cool of an idea as HoloLens is, I doubt it will be used for where it would be useful in it's use and thus will go the way of Kinect, in other words, this device will not be useful for gaming, what I believe however where it would be useful, is in civic, military and industrial industries.  The extent of it's usefulness in video games would be that of the creation of video games, be that of world building and 3D modelling.

Edited by Psyctooth

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/74856/e3-o-vision

Yeah, I don't buy into hype anymore. I was quite happy to see Dishonoured getting a sequel but I'll wait for the reviews before getting excited over it.

Dishonored is one of the best games I've ever played. The only thing that has got me nervous about the sequel is that it's built up an expectation for me, whereas the first game was a complete surprise.

ncLez59.png