Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
khal

We need an official Dev Tracker please

Good morning folks,

So as I've been perusing the forums, on an almost constant basis, I have noticed that several people have spoken with J Todd and other members of the staff, through different forums, than these forums.

I was hoping that anyone has spoken to these people, if you could post, here, your question, their answer, and a link to the conversation.

I think it would be helpful to start getting ALL information that any of us has, on the game, in one place (here).

Am I bored? Yes, but I still think this would be a good idea.

Cheers.

On "Will I be able to solo, in Crowfall?"

There are plenty of activities that can be accomplished through solo play. Unfortunately at this point I can't cite examples since we are still revealing the game and I wouldn't want to give it away. I can assure you though there was no meeting where we sat down and drew an X through the words solo play.

Found here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/439-can-solo-be-a-thing/#entry15789

On "Will macroing be allowed in CF?"

Howdy Everyone!

Mourne hit the nail on the head here. I really hope our gameplay leads to the player not wanting or feeling that they need to write overnight macro bots to stay with the pack. A bold claim I know but I think it's a natural byproduct of the systems we have designed for you.

I'm hoping that the gameplay is such that there will be no need to macro. Macroing for advancement is a weakness in game design.

Found here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/152-should-this-game-allow-macroing-with-the-developers-blessings/

Thanks khal!  I'm sure people without twitter or facebook appreciate this.  Perhaps you can be our Social Media Ambassador.   :D

You own me a new keyboard...Khal...as an ambassador...

Khal, I like the idea. Do you think it would be better to put all the questions/answers in the same post, just update them, instead of a new post for each answer? Like a "quick guide", or whatever you want to call it.

idk how long I can edit the original post, but I will add anything posted or pm'd to me, to the original host.

I don't have any kind of social media, but I just keep skimming through posts, and I'll see "well I was talking to [dev] and he said [content];" and I'll be like "how the hell did I miss that?"

So I just want to get all the errant answers here, so that if we aren't using the social media, or didn't read a random, obscure thread, we can still be "in the know"

There is a dev tracker in my signature. Add it to your sigs, so the word can be spread. There is really no need to post every new dev post in one single thread.

I think what he's talking about is when people talk to one of the devs on like Facebook, or Twitter, and they may or may not randomly post what they were told through those means.  They aren't posts from this forum from the devs, so the dev tracker wouldn't have those answers in there.

Edit: reworded to make more sense

Edited by cheyenne wolfshadow

On "Will I be able to solo, in Crowfall?"

Found here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/439-can-solo-be-a-thing/#entry15789

I think what he's talking about is when people talk to one of the devs on like Facebook, or Twitter, and they may or may not randomly post what they were told through those means.  They aren't posts from this forum from the devs, so the dev tracker wouldn't have those answers in there.

Edit: reworded to make more sense

Pretty sure those are links to the forums. Regardless of that there is no need to needless thread bumping when you can edit your posts. 

Pretty sure those are links to the forums. Regardless of that there is no need to needless thread bumping when you can edit your posts. 

Right.  That's what I was suggesting.  Any information gleened from FB or Twitter, or wherever else that is not this forum, put it in the main post.  The question was, is there a time line on the edit like some forums have?

Is this directed at me? Because, all my posts were within 5 minutes of each other...and herp derp they're from these forums. As I said, I just wanted to get all of the errant QnA in one specific post, so it would be available to everyone. And then later in the thread, I said I would edit my original post, with anything else I found, or was PM'd to me. The first two were examples of what I was aiming for.

I'm not sure if I'm being trolled by a mod or not...

Right.  That's what I was suggesting.  Any information gleened from FB or Twitter, or wherever else that is not this forum, put it in the main post.  The question was, is there a time line on the edit like some forums have?

Timeline? As in, you only have a certain amount of time to edit a post before it's permanent? I don't think so.

Is this directed at me? Because, all my posts were within 5 minutes of each other...and herp derp they're from these forums. As I said, I just wanted to get all of the errant QnA in one specific post, so it would be available to everyone. And then later in the thread, I said I would edit my original post, with anything else I found, or was PM'd to me. The first two were examples of what I was aiming for.

I'm not sure if I'm being trolled by a mod or not...

That's considered thread bumping. You are allowed to edit your posts right? If not, please let me know so we can look into it. And no one is being trolled here. The forums just need to stay clean.

And why in the world would you change the title of my thread AND move it to a different subforum, especially without saying anything??

This thread has nothing to do with the game itself but forum functionality. 

No offense Xcom but, you need to calm your horses with your over zealous moderation. You run into nearly EVERY thread and change it to your likening. We do realize that you enjoy being here 24/7 and you try very hard to be the MVP mod, but in the end you cause more disruption in threads than what your intention is. .

Khal is doing a good work here and as long as he keeps it on topic and in one thread I don't see why you need to jump in here and force your vision upon everyone.

I'd suggest to Khal and the rest to use a wiki like website where community can simply add new dev content. www.wikispaces.com is a good option.

Edited by nefastus

No offense Xcom but, you need to calm your horses with your over zealous moderation. You run into nearly EVERY thread and change it to your likening. We do realize that you enjoy being here 24/7 and you try very hard to be the MVP mod, but in the end you cause more disruption in threads than what your intention is. .

Khal is doing a good work here and as long as he keeps it on topic and in one thread I don't see why you need to jump in here and force your vision upon everyone.

I'd suggest to Khal and the rest to use a wiki like website where community can simply add new dev content. www.wikispaces.com is a good option.

None taken.

Constructive feedback is always welcome. Personal attacks aren't. As well as false accusations. I have moderated maybe 5% (and that's being very generous) of the whole forum. 16,000+ posts and counting. No way any of us can look at all that content.

As for moderation practices. It's been covered before but I'll repost it here real quick:

Abide by moderator and ArtCraft employee instructions

If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter in forum posts. Send an e-mail to support@Crowfall.com, and be sure to include your forum handle and game name, but NOT your password, and clearly state your concerns.

IMPORTANT: Forum content is moderated at ArtCraft’s sole discretion, and content may be modified, removed, or otherwise restricted by ArtCraft employees and/or moderators.