Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaeryx

Subverting the Patriarchal Paradigm

Coin blinks up at Kaeari 'you're being too nice ... why?' she looks up at the human, eyeing his hand 'Yeahh ... i have twin pistols, never bring a sword to what would become a gun fight,' she snatches the sunflower seeds, and scampers off sniffing around the tunnels trying to find tayeko

Kaeari let go of Coin. She replied with haste, "That's Coin, she's the Duchess of the Hellspires and my sort-of mentor I guess?"

Kaeari catches the twins running towards the Guinecean, she snapped at them, "And she'll blow your head off if you get to close!"

Coin skids to a stop, spotting the twins, and cocks her head to the side, 'Uhm ... hi' She pops a sunflower seed into her mouth, crunching it, 'Who are you guys anyway?' she looks around the cavern room, looking at the two males, the three females, and itches at her ear slightly,

Edited by Evildoer2512

Tayeko put away the treasure chest through a small portal that had been made in front of her. Probably she had planned this. The yells of the Orcs and Goblins had stopped. She smiled as she continued walking down the tunnels, her wings flapping every once in a while...To those who couldn't see her, the echo of her wings beating against the walls would sound like drums...Drums that were beating deep into the abyss. She was coming.

(anyone tell me where the last bit of the post is a reference from :P ))

(That reference couldn't have been more obvious. Btw Evildoer2512, 1 of the Twins is a boy)

Borimere regards Coin's threat, and sized up the Guinecean.  He has fought in many battles against a wide variety of foes, among them many Guinecean duelists. Either in clashing armies or 1-1 duels. He always came out on top but never easily and he could tell that Coin would give him a run for his money in his younger days. But he was older and wiser now, with far better gear.  

He stands upright with a strong posture "My name is Borimere Wildappell, and this is my family.  Annabelle, my wife. Gwen, my eldest, and the two who are so enamored with are Shawn and Sara." 

The twins had stopped in their tracks when Kaeari shouted at them.  They looked at Kaeari, then back to Coin, a little unsure of themselves and somewhat chastised.

(oopsie ...) Coin blinks, and puts another sunflower into her mouth, and scampers closer to the group, and hugs Kearie's leg 'You brought friends, woo! Okay, uhm, can i train Shawn and Sara? The way she says the names is a little muddled, and she gives a small giggle, 'I like their names, it's like a tongue twister!'

The drum like sound was getting louder...In front of the group was a tunnel with 2 options, the left road or the right road...The beating sound was coming from the left road and it was becoming louder very quickly. What would our brave men and ladies take? Tayeko already had her swords ready, just in case, one does not simply walk these tunnels alone.

Kaeari laughed at Coin's question. "We'll decide that later. In the mean time..." Kaeari quieted so that the others heard the drumming sound as well as a... Faint roar. What could that roar be? "Do you hear that? Those are either Orcs or a VERY loud flight down a dark cave in the middle of the night."

The drums of Orcs came closer. She charged up a psionic ball just in case there would be trouble, which she knew there would be. She transformed the ball into an orb of light because, well, vision never hurt anyone. She threw it down the corridor. It slowly floated down the cave until the disappearance of the orb alerted them of the position of the drums. Kaeari closed her eyes.

After a few brief seconds, the torches along the walls lit up with flame. Everyone stared in awe. "Pyromancy, it's the first thing you learn at the Hellspires' school of magic."

Kae looked down the lit halls. She saw a shadowy figure with wings. Did the Orcs take her queen captive? "Is that Tayeko?" Kae pointed at the silhouette. She looked down the other side of the corridor. "Damn it." She thought aloud, "Cave troll..." 

((I originally had something else instead of 'damn it' as well as a regard to the curse considering Shawn and Sara just heard a curse but I forgot about A) No forum profanity and B ) It changes the thing I was going to say to 'poorly made socks' and that doesn't go with the theme right now. :) ))

Edited by Vaeryx

Tayeko started cursing and swearing, a cave troll had her...This couldn't be good...There was at least 10 orcs, a scouting party no less but the Cave Troll was the biggest problem...She could hear Kaeari, Coin, some random people that she had met before, where was Kieran? Hopefully save and not in the trouble that she was in.

"I know you Orcs are barbaric creatures, but perhaps you wish to live...Holding me is a bad idea."

"Shut it wretch! We are gonna use you to make a stew!" said one of the Orcs.

"That will be the last thing you say...Warriors of Hellspires, your Queen summons you!" yelled Tayeko

The call had been made...What happened now, was anyones guess.

Edited by Connal123

(( Hello! I've enjoyed watching these events unfold but I thought it perhaps I should join in. ))

There was a flash of light, what looked like a portal had opened but only for a brief moment as a tall man was quickly pushed out and onto his face. He brushed himself off, and stood up, it was a man know by some as Kieran. He rubbed his neck and looked around, trying to get a bearing on his location while he mumbled something about "...disrespectful mages..."

(( For those who don't know what Kieran looks like: Kieran was a man of average height, with broad shoulders and a thick build. Small scars and wounds scattered across his body, most of them covered up by the leather armor he wears, the exception being a scar, stretched across his right cheek. His dark brown hair always kept at a medium length, if only to keep it out of his eyes. To some, he appeared intimidating, to others, they saw a man who had spent his life working in harsh conditions. ))

Kieran stopped as he noticed Kaeari, Coin, and what looked to be a variety of other guests. He looked at them in confusion for a moment, and began to speak "Kaeari, Coin? What are you ... Who are ... Nevermind, where's Tayeko? She was supposedly in ... " he turned around with a look of both fear and annoyance. "...Trouble."

In almost an instant Kieran had his bow ready to fire an arrow, and his body quickly turned towards the other direction, heading towards the beasts. As usual, Kieran wasn't even fully aware of what he was getting himself into before he jumped in to try and help, and he seemed to have almost forgotten that there were other folks around him as well, he was too focused on the problem at hand.

He dashed towards them, stopping in his tracks as he could finally see the threat, a group of orcs. "Orcs ... here?" Kieran mumbled to himself, he lifted his head and his bow. Pointing it at one of the closest orcs, he let loose the arrow and watched as it found it's way through the orc's skull. "Get your hands off her!" Kieran yelled at the orcs as he pulled out another arrow and nocked it. Afterwards, a few of the orcs charged at Kieran, as the others cried out in a rage.

Perhaps he had bitten off more than he could chew ...

"Kieran! Good to see you! Borimere, get your family to safety. Coin, see if you can take down that troll. Gwen, if you can fight, fight, otherwise, go with your family!" Kaeari barked orders like a Centaur commander.

"There's too many of them to kill one by one, hold them off until I'm ready." She said

Kae closed her eyes and began levitating. She rose slowly as if charging up a powerful blast. The cave began shuddering.

Edited by Vaeryx

Borimere watched the chaos unfold around him with cool calculation.  People were popping in from out of no where and now a small scouting troupe of Orcs was coming up at them from behind. He also noted the winged figure amidst the orcs, looked like that showy woman from earlier, Kaeari master? queen? lord? Borimere wasn't sure what system Hellspire used for governance and, right now, he did not care. The orcs had a cave troll with them.  Its form was hunched over to prevent its head from scrapping the ceiling, but he guessed the Troll would stand over 14 ft tall if it could. 

"Small for a troll" he muttered to himself.  But as he said those words a young man Kaearyn called Kieran had decided to fight the orcs on his own.  

"Gods damn it!" He growled, as he charged forward to save the stupid kid from himself.  

Annabelle looked to her daughter "Gwen, get Shawn & Sara to safety.  I'll cover your fathers back." As she noched an arrow a feeling of nostalgia fell over her. *Yes* she thought as she drew her bow *this feels right*!

Borimere drew his sword and shield to intercept the orcs but the troll intercepted him.  As the troll brought its massive fist down upon Borimere, Borimere raised his shield to block muttering a chant "Indelebilis Scutum!".

The shield's ensignia, the multi-headed serpent (let's just call it a Hydra),  began to glow a dim green as the troll's fist struck the shield.  The shield withstood the strike and Borimere stood his ground.  But the troll would not relent and strikes Borimere's shield again, but Borimere still stood firm, then his shield stopped glowing.  It was winding up for another strike until Annabelle's arrow pierced the troll's right eye. The troll screamed in pain, clutching its eyes.  

Borimere seized his chance, "Ensem!".  Runes on the sword emitted a soft blue glow as he slashed it across the troll's belly, slicing through the stony skin and flesh like it was butter, almost cutting the troll in two! The troll's guts began spilling out from the wound, then Borimere noticed the ground was shaking.

Edited by Nait551

Tayeko was being hung by the Cave Troll. She growled and tried to slice at it, hitting it but not seeming to hurt it too much. She looked to her reinforcements. "Oh good of you to show up! You! Newcomers! I don't know who you are but saving me will be a good way to guarantee a good life in Hellspires, I can guarantee it! Oi, no touching there, no! Bad monsters!" Tayeko sliced at the Cave Trolls hand while using her wings to fly. Getting out of the reach of the creature, but still trapped in rope.

Kieran turned and saw that help was on the way, for a moment he realized how stupid he must have seemed, but in these circumstances, he couldn't really care. He glanced over to the old man and shouted "Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it." with a quick nod and a smile he refocused his attention back to the orcs.

Charging at Kieran, the orc winced in pain and almost fell to the ground as an arrow embedded itself in it's leg. There was a loud thud as the bow hit the ground, with surprising agility Kieran drew his sword and rushed the orc in his moment of weakness. The first swing was parried, the orc pushed back his blade and stood up to retaliate. Another clash of swords as the orc swung at Kieran, there was a spark and a flash as the orc's sword was flung to the side. One final swing dropped the orc as the blade cut into foul creature's body.

He looked around and saw the old man's handy-work, he was impressed.

Kieran put a foot on the orc, tearing the blade out from the beast's torso. Kieran almost fell over as he pulled the blade out, not only was it thoroughly stuck, but the ground had begun to shake as well. Looking around, both concerned and confused, he had to wonder what was going to happen.

The troll fell to its knees, making weak swipes at Borimere.  He parried the weakened blows with ease and smiled. With one clean blow, Borimere stabbed his sword straight through the trolls head, putting the beast down.  After pulling his sword free, he had little time to relish the kill.  As he stood over the trolls corpse he saw the bound figure from before nearby, flapping her wings in vain trying to escape her bounds.  He sighed and marched over to her.

"Do you want my help, or are you doing fine on your own?", he said, without a hint of sarcasm. 

As he waited for her response, he looked over the cave to see how the battle was playing out.  Gwen had returned to the fight swords drawn, after getting the twins to safety, and was dashing to Kieran's side. Annabelle was providing cover for their daughter, harassing the orcs and preventing them from flanking Kieran and Gwen. Borimere thought he saw the guinicean, Coin, fighting amongst the orc's ranks, but he might just be seeing things, and he noted Kaeari's casting. *That explains the rumbling* he thought.

Casting his gaze to the orcs ranks, he noticed how demoralized they looked. *Only natural*, Borimere thought, *They just lost their trump card.* But his boasting look quickly vanished as his eyes fell upon the back of the orc band where 2 orcs stood.  One orc was bearing garbs and tattoos that indicated its skill with the arcane, and appeared to be performing some chant.  But it was the other orc that made Borimere go pale.  This orc was clearly the leader, he was the biggest and had the biggest club, but it was the horn the orc leader had, the one it was raising to his mouth, that had Borimere's attention.

"Oh poorly made socks!", Borimere spat, "He's calling for reinforcements!" 

The ropes on Tayeko burst into flames as Tayeko ripped herself free, her usual white skin had a darkish aura around it. She smiled as she turned to the Orc leader, she started walking towards this Orc, cutting down the ones in her path as she chanted.

"You have no power here, servant of the dark races, to me you are nothing, poor and weak so I tell you to come back from where you came or die now." when she saw the Orc leader bringing the horn to his lips she threw her sword to his throat, stopping him quickly she smiled as she raised her sword arm out, the sword flying to its mistresses side. She looked around then looked at Borimere.

"You remind me of an old friend...It will be good to have you amongst us. Perhaps you will become Ishari, perhaps, oh that would be impressive little one. So impressive indeed!" she grinned.

Kaeari cringed, this battle wasn't going out as well as planned, Tayeko killed the leader but many more Orcs flooded the halls. Kaeari didn't have time to focus any longer, her blast couldn't be charged up more unless she wanted the Orcs to overrun them.

Kaeari took a deep breath and shielded the others to protect them from a devestating blast of raw psychokinetic energy. The caves were trembling, rocks from the ceilings fell, sinkholes opened. This was not going as planned, her power was too much for the caves. It was too late though. She had to go on with it.

The sheer power of the blast was breathtaking. It expanded in a spherical shape from Kae's core, swallowing the Orcs one by one, engulfing them in psychic energy. But now a different problem arose, the caves were collapsing.

She unshielded everyone. "We need to get out of here!" She shouted. "Tayeko, are there any portals here that could help us?"

Edited by Vaeryx

Tayeko waved her hands, a portal had been opened, obviously she had mages on the other side and she just had to place it where she needed it. She looked at Kaeari and the others "Get in! Go go go!" Tayeko yelled at the top of her lungs as she waited for the others to get in, she wasn't going to go through the portal until the last person had got through, she was not going to leave anyone behind, that is not the way of Hellspires!